Nintendo Fan Forum

Nintendo Fan Forum (http://www.nintendofanforum.com/forum.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.nintendofanforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NFF's First Annual Summer of Tourneys (http://www.nintendofanforum.com/showthread.php?t=11954)

Rai17 07-08-2013 01:36 PM

NFF's First Annual Summer of Tourneys

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-file...2D00_610x0.jpg
This isn't my image. I don't own it. But I wanted something that popped. So myeh.

Hiya! Members new and old, visitors from distant forums and sites, I'd like to formally welcome you to your Nintendo Forum and invite you to compete in your First Annual Summer Competitions! I'm Rai, and I'll be hosting this thingy. From here on out we'll be having tourneys across several gaming titles, exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii. Each game has been chosen to specifically commemorate a certain Nintendo event. The tournaments are as follows (dates will be announced soon):

1. The Final Brawl (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) (Grand Prize Winner)
2. The Final Cup (Mario kart Wii) (Small Grand Prize)
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf Island Competition (Digital Prize - TBA)
4. Kid Icarus Battle Royal (Prize TBA)
5. Luigi's Mansion Competition (Seriously TBA.)
7. Mario Kart 7 Summer Cup (Club Nintendo Prize)

Since this is the last year the Wii will be online, we'd like to start with the revolutionary console and give it a formal adieu. Each tournament has a prize for the winner. I'll start things off by revealing the prize for the Final Brawl Tournament: A limited edition Project X Zone for the 3DS!
What better way to commemorate a crossover fighting game than with one for the 3DS? I have a limited copy myself, and this is definitely a must have. Other prizes will be donated by other members, or digital prizes. So that's it for now! Are you excited? 'Cause I sure am. And I can't even compete! :c
So yeah! Spread the word! I'll be going over to sites like IGN and Gamefaqs today to let them know about our Tourneys as well as the prizes that will be awarded. Each competition will also have its own trophy assigned to the winner, made by our own GFX team :3 (GET TO IT GUYS)
Make sure to check out our Facebook page for updates on this event! I'll also be posting them on my Tumblr page. So I hope every member considers competing, and if not at least letting others know about our summer event. Let the games begin :mk:

SanePsychoSuper 07-08-2013 01:44 PM

Looks like I gotta get Brawl from my friend and start practicing again!

I may be able to participate in Brawl, MK Wii, ACNL, & Luigi's. I look forward to getting my butt kicked! xP

Does anyone know how the online for Wii games works on the Wii U? Need to know if I'll need to pull the Wii out from my daughters room.

Rai17 07-08-2013 01:48 PM

I'll ask around, SPS :)
And don't have that mindset! You're in it to win it! But as for now, we have one official participant then :3

Konata 07-08-2013 02:03 PM

I can participate in all of them except the Kid Icarus one.

Rai17 07-08-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konata (Post 215772)
I can participate in all of them except the Kid Icarus one.

Sweet!

Nintenduendo 07-08-2013 02:28 PM

I'm interested in joining the Brawl tournament, but if I win, I don't really care about the prize. I'd just wanna throw down one last time with everyone and prove myself as the best in this, the Final Brawl.

SanePsychoSuper 07-08-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nintenduendo (Post 215774)
I'm interested in joining the Brawl tournament, but if I win, I don't really care about the prize. I'd just wanna throw down one last time with everyone and prove myself as the best in this, the Final Brawl.

If you win, I'd gladly take that prize off your hands. xP

Rai17 07-08-2013 02:38 PM

I hate how I won't be participating in the Final Brawl :(

Tantalum 07-08-2013 02:41 PM

I can participate in all of them except Mario Kart 7

Rai17 07-08-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tantalum (Post 215779)
I can participate in all of them except Mario Kart 7

!
GUYS. I know this guy. He's amazing. And a true gamer. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for participating!!