Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Technical Support > Computers

Notices

Computers Post any Computer related support questions here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 10

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Question Low Memory?

Hello, everyone. I am having a little issue with my computer, I really hope someone can help me out. :3

I recently got two new expansions to my favorite PC game, The Sims 3. Often, before getting more expansions, my computer would randomly just shut off during game play. It didn't happen that much, so I didn't worry about it. Since adding the new expansion packs, it does it every 10-20 minutes while I try to play. Just today, I've booted my computer back up and restarted the game at least 4 times. It just won't let me play for very long at all, and it's quite frustrating.

It's weird, it just turns my entire computer off with no warning or indication of what caused it. And it only happens while I'm playing the Sims.

A few friends told me that my computer might be low on memory, I just want to know if this really is the problem. I know the Sims 3 takes up a lot of space. If it is, how can I fix it? Can I get an external hard drive and just move my Sims games onto that and still be able to play them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :3

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

I don't think they mean Hard Drive Space when it comes to memory. They might mean RAM. But if it has run fine before, it might have something to do with your drivers for your graphics being outdated/incompatible. You can update them by going to the device manager and finding your video card/integrated graphics and asking it to update driver.

Another issue might be heat, especially if you're on a laptop. keep it out in the open if you don't already. My old one used to shut off whenever it would get too hot or use up all of the available RAM.

If your HDD really is that full, you can get an external cheap at any store and just transfer some shit onto it. Hopefully, some of that helps.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 10

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Thanks for your help with checking those things, Rin. ^_^
I really appreciate it.

I just think it might be overheating, I like to play while laying down before I go to bed, maybe the blankets are causing it to not vent properly. Come to think of it, I never have the problem when I'm playing it on my desk. I hope that's the only problem. >.>

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Well have you every used compressed air on it? It could either be the RAM or overheating, but I think that chances are you have some faulty sectors in your RAM and the only reason it only does that on the Sims is because no other game you play jumps to those addresses, or so many other programs jump to it at the same time so loading the Sims just completely overloads it. At least, that is what happened to my computer. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and view the preformance tab and monitor the "CPU Usage" and "Memory" windows while loading the Sims. Maybe close a few processes before playing. Or even better, don't play the Sims.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Closed Thread

Tags
computer, gaming, memory, sims 3