Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 35,096, Level: 100 Points: 35,096, Level: 100 Points: 35,096, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 
Total Awards: 12

E3 2012 Predictions

Post your predictions for E3. Only 2 months away now. Hopefully Pikmin 3 gameplay wooo.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,277, Level: 100 Points: 39,277, Level: 100 Points: 39,277, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Wii U general details expanded upon further.
Retro's title shown, demoed.
Online details of Wii U shown off.
3DS games shown, one or two surprises.
New Mario game(s) shown off.
Third Party games shown off, one or two surprises there as well.
Pikmin 3 gameplay shown off.
SSBU(obviously I don't know the real title, so shut it) teaser shown off for Wii U and 3DS.

That's about all for reliastic things I'd guess. I know I'm missing stuff, but I don't really care that much right now.

As for everyone else, I don't care what they're up to this year, outside of a few games from Ubisoft and Sony.

Last edited by Rin; 04-16-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 19,838, Level: 88 Points: 19,838, Level: 88 Points: 19,838, Level: 88
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 

What I want:

F-Zero
Retro's new game is Star Fox
Smash Bros
Metroid
Jak 4
Legends of Dragoon 2
Megaman 20th anniversary
New IP by Nintendo
Halo 3 PC release
Viewtiful Joe 3
Capcom Vs SNK 3
Project X Zone for the US

What I expect:
Retro's new game in general

Megas75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 15,954, Level: 81 Points: 15,954, Level: 81 Points: 15,954, Level: 81
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

I'm going to go ahead and call Nintendo's entire press conference. It's a bit long, so try to follow through with me.

Spoiler
>Opens with Reggie Fils-Amie, speaking about how technology has streamed content that has shaped our view of the world and the people in it. He introduces us once more to the Wii U, and its capabilities to stream content from the game console to the controller. The video projector cuts to ways the Wii U streams content to the controller

>The video feed, however, is cut short by Pikmin chatter, and cuts to a 'live feed' of Olimar's newest adventure in Pikmin 3. Miyamoto steps out and begins talking about the game, its development cycle, and new gameplay mechanics with Reggie.

>Reggie leaves the stage as Miyamoto continues to speak, talking about his day-to-day operations at Nintendo. He highlights the work done by the young developers under his wing and shows off their vision of one of his most beloved creations

>The video screen shows footage of Mario games throughout the years, leading up to the grand reveal of Super Mario Bros. 4.

>A couple members of the development team steps out and explains the game mechanics of the game, playing it alongside Miyamoto. They mention that SMB4 wasn't the only thing the fledgling dev team were to reveal today

>As Miyamoto steps off the stage, the video screen broadcasts a trailer for a brand new IP created by this new dev team. They briefly joke about the span of time between Nintendo's last new IP and this one and mention various bits of gameplay

>Reggie steps back out and speaks about how many third-party developers are interested in Wii U, and reveals several third-party titles for the console

>The stage is now empty, and the only sounds heard is that of a distress beacon, which then cuts to a quiet, leading up to the famous Star Fox "Good luck!" The trailer then shifts to cinematics of space dogfights for the unveiling of Star Fox Wii U, ending the trailer with Retro's logo

>Iwata steps out and tells the crowd that Star Fox Wii U will be playable on the show floor, then goes into sales numbers for their consoles

>He talks about the remaining library of stellar Wii games, and opens with a trailer of Pandora's Tower, ending it with a mention that the title will be on shelves Fall 2012. He finishes out the Wii segment with a trailer montage of Wii third-party games.

>Iwata continues with sales figures, directly leading into the 3DS part of the show, and begins talking about how looks can be decieving, leading into the trailer for Epic Mickey:Power of Illusion for 3DS

>The development team for PoI speaks briefly about Castle of Illusion, the game of which inspired PoI, and Disney's involvement in the title

>A new trailer is shown for Monster Hunter 4, and Iwata mentions that the game will be playable on the show floor

>The last trailer for KH3D is played, and Iwata mentions the release date

>A new trailer for Luigi's Mansion 2 is played, and is slated for a Holiday 2012 release in the US

>The stage goes quiet, and the sounds of metal clanking together can be heard. A battle between two swordsmen is held, their faces hidden in shadow, one falls, and the victor of the battle is revealed to be Link. Cue logo for the Legend of Zelda 3DS

>Gameplay is shown as Aonuma steps out and talks about the game. He slates the game at an early 2013 release

>Hideki Konno steps out and talks about the 3DS and Wii U, speaking about cross-system connectivity between the systems, and how it will effect software development for both systems, boasting high-speed connectivity between the systems

>This leads into a trailer for both F-Zero Wii U and F-Zero 3DS, also in development by Retro Studios and Nintendo EAD. Trailer shows off connectivity between the two games

>Reggie re-enters, recapping briefly the events of the morning. He makes mention of the games on the show floor, and thanks everyone for attending

>The stage grows dark, as the intro to SSBM can be heard. A hand grabs a Mario trophy, tosses it into the air, and it lands on a Wii U tablet, and just as the statue comes to life, the words 'GET READY!' are shown, the Wii U and 3DS logos directly below it

Whew...

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,277, Level: 100 Points: 39,277, Level: 100 Points: 39,277, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

I think they'll probably have the Wii U segment AFTER 3DS and Wii segments. They always seem to save their megatons for later, and anything Wii U related would fit that. I like the detail though. Also, it sounds about how it would go. I feel they NEED to detail the online some. I should edit that into mine as well.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #6
Markus
Points: 863, Level: 15 Points: 863, Level: 15 Points: 863, Level: 15

Markus is a jewel in the roughMarkus is a jewel in the roughMarkus is a jewel in the roughMarkus is a jewel in the rough

A lot of you guys are predicting things that Nintendo have already announced that they will show at E3 this year, like Pikmin and Mario Wii U.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 35,096, Level: 100 Points: 35,096, Level: 100 Points: 35,096, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 
Total Awards: 12

If I try to actually predict it always goes wrong.

Timesplitters 4.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 15,954, Level: 81 Points: 15,954, Level: 81 Points: 15,954, Level: 81
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
A lot of you guys are predicting things that Nintendo have already announced that they will show at E3 this year, like Pikmin and Mario Wii U.
Of course they'd show those games. The spin I put on it is how it would be presented.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
There's more to predictions than what will be shown. As in, what aspects will be shown and how it will be shown, like Glaston said.

Having said that, I didn't really establish either of those aspects in my post, did I? Oh well.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Quote:
If I try to actually predict it always goes wrong.

Timesplitters 4.
Stole mine... It's pretty much all I care about now. Shooters are too realistic and serious now. Ts4, break the phase please! I want my virus mode online and even more epic mapmakers!