|Register||Arcade||Chat||Forum||Members List||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.|
|07-15-2014, 01:04 PM||#1|
34 Things About Video Games Kids Today Will Never Experience
posted on July 14, 2014, at 8:08 p.m.
1. The royalty of gold cartridges.
Only a game like The Legend of Zelda could come in gold.
2. Controllers that connected to a console WITH A CABLE.
Panic always struck when someone had to walk over these cables.
3. The harsh reality of pirated cartridges.
52 games in one cartridge? WHAT IS THIS?! MAGIC?! Oh wait– no. Just a really shitty game.
4. Leaving your game on pause overnight because the “save” feature did not yet exist.
“MOM! DON’T TURN IT OFF! I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF – NOOOOOOO!”
5. And when they did exist, you had to remember these ridiculous passwords.
Ain’t. Nobody. Got. Time. For. Dat.
6. One-life video games.
That’s all you had. ONE LIFE. I hate you Double Dragon III.
7. Having to be a surgeon to make cartridges work.
SOMEBODY GET ME A Q-TIP AND SOME RUBBING ALCOHOL! STAT!
8. Arcade machines in 7-Elevens.
I just came here for a Gatorade and some – IS THAT A GHOULS ‘N GHOSTS ARCADE MACHINE?!?!
9. Blisters on your fingers from playing Street Fighter using a D-Pad.
The original battle scars.
10. The unbelievable incompetence of R.O.B. the Robot, Nintendo’s factory-made player two.
You had one job, R.O.B. And you failed.
11. The power of the POWER PAD.
Yeah! BODY POWER!
12. THE POWER GLOVE.
No, really. It was horrible. That shit didn’t work.
13. Watching Captain N: The Game Master on Saturday mornings.
To this day, I still want that Nintendo controller belt.
14. Beating Contra in one sitting WITHOUT the Konami code.
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A– **** THAT! I GOT THIS!
15. The joy of finding easter eggs in video games on your own.
No internet. Repeat: NO INTERNET.
16. But you could always get help from this handy dandy thing called Nintendo Power.
Five-year-old me: Mom, can I have a Nintendo Power?
Mom: Sure. As soon as you get a job, you can have all the Nintendo Power you want.
|07-15-2014, 01:05 PM||#2|
17. But if you really needed to know those secrets right then and there, there was always the POWER LINE!
Five-year-old me: Mom? Can I call the Nintendo Power Line?
Mom: Sure, as soon as you start paying rent in this house, you can call whoever you want.
18. Keypads on controllers.
Atari really wanted to make this a thing.
19. Having to buy this device when your skill level had reached its peak and you REALLY needed help.
20. This ultimate ’90s rivalry between Mario and Sonic.
Sonic ALL. THE. WAY.
21. This terrible catchphrase used during the console wars of the ’90s.
22. The mind-blowing innovation of Sega’s “Lock-On” technology.
“You mean you can… CONNECT CARTRIDGES?!”
23. Terrible Japanese to English translations.
24. This atrocious movie-adapted video game.
Seriously. This is flat out awful.
25. For that matter, ANY video game made by this now infamous company.
R.I.P LJN. You ruined childhoods.
26. THE NINTENDO VIRTUAL BOY.
Eye damage and neck stiffness brought to you by Nintendo.
27. The thrill that was Sega’s “blast processing” technology.
It wasn’t real. It was a marketing ploy. DAMN YOU, SEGA!
28. Playing video games just to listen to their sweet 8-bit soundtracks.
“The Moon” is the greatest musical score in gaming history. END OF DISCUSSION.
29. Horrible “Americanized” video game covers.
Mega Man… what have they done to you?
30. The sick pleasure of performing a fatality on Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis.
You could get it done by trial and error OR you could ask a friend who owned a strategy guide. But it was glorious…
31. This brilliant add-on accessory for the Game Boy.
“I look like an asshole carrying around this thing.”
32. Having to invest in actual batteries.
So. Many. Batteries.
33. Nintendo’s catalogue of “see-through” products.
34. And finally, BLOWING INTO CARTRIDGES!
It never actually did anything. It actually made it worse.
|07-19-2014, 04:22 PM||#4|
I'm shocked when I read Double Dragon 3 game only had 1 life ??!! really ?!
The other thing I used to blow cartridges to clean the dust 'myth'. man, I did that a lot before. When I read it won't do any good, but made it worse. gee…
|07-20-2014, 02:45 PM||#6|
That's 1 reason why I started a youtube gaming channel about the old games everyone loved. I have a lot of gaming years to catch up. But hey, I'm still 14 years old and have a passion for Nintendo
It's a shame that almost everyone of my generation doesn't like to play Nintendo games.
Why? 'Cause they all think that it is for little kids.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How do YOU experience games?||SuperGamecube64||General Gaming||3||09-13-2013 05:42 PM|
|Top 10 kids in video games||zonegamer||General Chat||10||05-07-2013 04:14 PM|
|Things that make you mad about gamers today||SuperGamecube64||General Gaming||21||04-04-2013 01:01 PM|
|Are kids/teen sitcoms today too cookie cutter? (Well, namely Disney and Nick)||Brandyn||Media Entertainment||22||12-01-2012 09:43 PM|
|Obama talks to kids on games||op89x||Gaming News||10||12-24-2009 11:16 PM|