Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,454, Level: 94 Points: 23,454, Level: 94 Points: 23,454, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
You will no longer go to the movies to relax anymore(4D movies)

Quote:
4-D Movies: Coming Soon to a Theater Near You!

By Stacy Curtin | Daily Ticker – 20 hours ago

Video Player Controls

Follow The Daily Ticker on Facebook!
It is summer movie season and if you thought Hollywood had pulled out all the stops with 3-D and IMAX 3-D, think again. The 4-D movie experience could be coming soon to a theater near you.
What is a 4-D movie?
"It refers to physical effects that are coordinated with the images on the screen that involve your other senses," says media analyst and entertainment lawyer James Hirsen. "It is things like moving seats during a chase scene, the smell of gun powder when there is an explosion on the screen and during a spooky foggy scene you are surrounded by real fog."
Hollywood has a history of using gimmicks to attract audiences. The 1960's movie "Scent of a Mystery" used Smell-O-Vision, spraying a variety of flavors, like the smell of flowers, throughout to help bring its viewer into the film. In 1974, "Earthquake" used specialty base speakers to shake the theater.
The difference with 4-D is the use of advanced computer software technology to coordinate the effects and customized seats equipped with back, neck and leg ticklers, air blasts, and water sprayers.
These 4-D movie theaters are all the rage in South Korea, Mexico and Thailand, care of the South Korean conglomerate CJ Group, the largest movie chain owner in Asia. The company currently operates nearly 30 4-D theaters in those countries and in the midst of finalizing a deal to bring 200 4-D theaters to the U.S. over the next five years.
In 2011, total U.S. box office sales fell 4 percent from the previous year to $10.2 billion, according to the Motion Pictures Association of America. And while 3-D releases did rise last year, sales fell $400 million.
Hirsen believes 4-D movies will get moviegoers excited again — at least for the younger generation — especially since it is becoming easier to stream movies and watch 3-D movies in the comfort of your own home. But the cost may be a sticking point. The cost of a 4-D ticket is expected to be $8 more than the current price of a 3-D movie ticket.
CJ Group is currently testing its 4-D system in Los Angeles near the Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
Tell us what you think! Would you go see a 4-D movie?

SOURCE - http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...172042434.html

Last thing I want is for a bunch of crap to be sprayed all over my face watching a movie

Last edited by Megas75; 07-14-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I hope it' better than the 4D theme park bullcrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 07-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
SOURCE - http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...172042434.html

Last thing I want is for a bunch of crap to be prayed all over my face watching a movie
Wow... that phrasing is just... wow...

Anyway, I like this idea! It is cool, as long as they don't start adding like, shock to the chair so when people are getting shot, we feel it... that'd suck...
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 07-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
Mr.Efra
The New neutral hero
Points: 363, Level: 7 Points: 363, Level: 7 Points: 363, Level: 7

My Mood: Horny
Mr.Efra is an unknown quantity at this point

Just amazing! Thanks God to bring us the technology..thanks!!
Now well, the movies will be REALLY different that just we imagine Wuhuu!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,013, Level: 100 Points: 38,013, Level: 100 Points: 38,013, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Isn't as if people with the internet go to the movies anymore. Just D/L a normal version.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 07-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
Mr.Efra
The New neutral hero
Points: 363, Level: 7 Points: 363, Level: 7 Points: 363, Level: 7

My Mood: Horny
Mr.Efra is an unknown quantity at this point

What? so this is good or bad the 4D thing?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,454, Level: 94 Points: 23,454, Level: 94 Points: 23,454, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Elle View Post
Wow... that phrasing is just... wow...

Anyway, I like this idea! It is cool, as long as they don't start adding like, shock to the chair so when people are getting shot, we feel it... that'd suck...
I know that sounds weird, but you get my point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Efra View Post
What? so this is good or bad the 4D thing?
Have you been to the "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" at Disneyland? Imagine that with every movie
Old 07-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,385, Level: 100 Points: 58,385, Level: 100 Points: 58,385, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
This gimmick is fine in theme parks like Honey I Shrunk the Audience but I really don't think I'd care to have this gimmick go past theme parks and invade normal cinema.

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,609, Level: 94 Points: 23,609, Level: 94 Points: 23,609, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Movie theaters would have to undergo massive renovations so that they could accommodate for every kind of '4D' movie. I don't see that being a wise decision since (if those statistics are true) cinemas don't have the money that they used to. If every theater adapts to this new craze and it turns out to be a flop, expect a lot of bankrupt cinemas.

I'm not interested, but you can't expect movie theatres to stay the same forever. I mean, it's the same thing that people in the early 20th century used for entertainment. Sure, we have clearer images and awesome sound systems, but in an age where everything is delivered to you virtually and personally, gathering in a building to watch a film at a certain time is becoming an increasingly dated pastime.
The only reason many people watch movies in the cinema is not because of the cinema itself, but rather because that's the only place to see the movie for a month or so, until it comes available on DVD. In this sense, I can understand why cinemas may be desperate to try something new and offer an experience which you can't get at home.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:30 AM   #10
Pikakid
Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7

Pikakid will become famous soon enoughPikakid will become famous soon enough

who goes to the movies to relax? you go there to be entertained!
and this is entertaining!
Closed Thread