Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Order Up!
Order Up!
Good cooking game!
Published by SeanMi
08-19-2008
Author review
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
80%80%80%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 79%
Order Up!

ok, I got the game and I must say, its alot of fun. The gameplay is very addicting.
The assistant chefs you work with come in very handy. You can hire or fire the chefs. As you progress through the game, more chefs become avalible for you to hire, and these chefs have better skills, but cost more coins(the currency) to hire.
There is a total of 5 resturants to buy, each with there own type of food. I'm at the third one. You start out at a place called Burger Face(I don't think its one of the five resturants because you don't own it and you only work there one day while a greasy teen bosses you around). Its a fast food joint that you only work at for one day, learning the basics (makeing burgers and fries). The next resturant is an old fastioned diner called Gravey Chug. It has burgers, mac & cheese, and once you expand your menu, steak and eggs, and even pancakes. Then next resturant is call El Fuego. It serves mexican food (if you didn't guess) You can make everything from tacos to nachos to food I've never heard of. The resturant I'm working with right now is an italian one. It serves all the food you would expect.

Every resturant has up to twelve items on the menu to buy. And eight more which are called specials. Specials will get you more money, but you need to put the right spices in the food to make it correct. You also have to make a special for the food critic, who gives you your 5th star, making it a five star resturant. Then you get to buy a new resturant. The other stars you get (1-4) are gained from cleaning up your resturant, getting all twelve items on your menu, earning a certain amount of money in that resturant and buying at least 4 specials.

The customers make the game fun also. They say some funny things, and some want there food with a certain spice on them. Most are obvious. A guy named Salty Sam, who likes Salt on his food. Also a fat guy who says hes on a diet wants his food with gravey on it.

Overall the game is very fun and well worth the money. At a price of $39.99, its priced right. Even if you don't think you would like cooking games or didn't like Cooking Mama (which I didn't) this game gives you the feel of being a chef and when you have 4 orders to do at the same time, it gets very crazy, but is alot of fun.

overall the game is FUN

Graphics(7.0)-there ok. it has a cel-shaded style. and are cartoonish. but they work.

Storyline(8.0)-its good. you make your way up to the top of the food making career. Starting out with low cost food to high priced french food. so there is a story there.

Controls/Gameplay(9.0)-the controls are very good for most actions in the game. Stirring food in a pot, slicing tomatos, grilling burgers, it all works very well, and the controls are responsive.

Sound(7.5)-theres no much here. what you would expect in a kitchin. boiling water, grilling something. The sound is good.

Heres a youtube vid that showed on the Nintendo Channel

Sponsored Links
By marvman3 on 08-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Cool

Great Review Sean!

Is this yer first review ever?!?

Not bad, honestly.

Looks like we got another reviewer!

Freakn A.

Rockn.

Order up some grub woman!
By SeanMi on 08-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
80%80%80%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 79%
lol yeah it is my first review, although i wrote about this game at NW (not in review form)
By Spirit on 08-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Nice review Sean, makes me hungry.

By Tencade Kazarian on 08-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Very Nice Job Sean
By Lukario on 08-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Very good review, Sean.

Lukario
By Mario on 08-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Sean, very nice review man... Good Job.
Comment