Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
N64Stein
NFF Promoter
Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35

My Mood: Gaming
N64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 1

3DS Friend Code: 5112-4382-9772 PSN ID: N64Stein
Facebook stock dips 17%, and I'm getting the hell out

So about 5 minutes ago i was reading a New York times online report about Facebook's IPO dropping 17% last weekend. As I was reading that and ironically on Facebook, I clicked the refresh button (and if any of you are familiar with Facebook's new timeline layout you'll know how crappy it is) and my freaking layout changed on it's own!!! I HAVE HAD IT! Facebook and me have officially broken up ... NFF is now my new official home and I hope it stays that way for the foreseeable future Anyone on the screw Facebook bandwagon and whats your reasoning? If your for Facebook, then why?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
N64Stein
NFF Promoter

N64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really nice

Awards Showcase

Just realized this might need to be moved to the politics section of general chat. My apologies MOD's and
Old 07-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
I got a Facebook because it was required by my Calculus Teacher to get one for a grade. I'm not even joking
Old 07-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
N64Stein
NFF Promoter

Awards Showcase

That's unreal!!!! And frustrating at the same time !!! I would understand if you were taking a university course in social media or were a celebrity that required a forum for a fan base, but for just regular fan boys like us? I believe that NFF is an amazing medium cause it allows all forms of discussion among Nintendo fans and other fan boys alike. Truly one of the best forums I've been apart of in a long time! Who started NFF anyways? that question I feel is almost as interesting as why the hell a calculus teacher would make you get Facebook for a class?!?
Old 08-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
I find nothing wrong with the Facebook timeline besides the fact that people complain about it so much. You see, I am open to new functionality and features. Now, I understand that most people live by the, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" rule, but the way I see it is, "If it isn't broken, make it better. If it breaks, fix it and learn from your mistakes" which is a problem for most people. Companies try new things. What if NO ONE ever tried anything new because of the potential risk that people wouldn't like it? We would have nothing new. Ever.

Facebook made a bold move switching to Timeline, scaring away potential investors and also some users, but it is what the people at Facebook thought was best for company: Take a new approach, no more basic-generic layout. But people didn't like that, and that is the problem with people. They think they own the website and they think they should be, no, DESERVE to be catered to as users, however, it is still the owners website, maybe he likes this user interface better and wants to stick with it? Okay, cool, I am fine with that. You should be too. Think of it this way, you go to a friends house, use his Android phone with Go Launcher installed on it, he decides to change it to Apex Launcher, you don't like it. Would you stop being his friend because he changed HIS phone to something YOU didn't like?
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 08-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #6
N64Stein
NFF Promoter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Elle View Post
Think of it this way, you go to a friends house, use his Android phone with Go Launcher installed on it, he decides to change it to Apex Launcher, you don't like it. Would you stop being his friend because he changed HIS phone to something YOU didn't like?
yup!
id smack him right in the mouth

but I found facebook to be sort of a social media popularity contest rather than a forum for people to contact one another and with timeline, a layout that requires you to have pictures I feel that fact is further proven. The only unfortunate thing is that once upon deactivation of my account i realized that over 100 million people use this for somewhat of a forum to contact friends and loved ones and not just a meme and concert photo booth (a.k.a are still under facebook mind control) and i'd have no way to contact some specifric people so I guess it's back to facebook for me...but im on NFF 90% of my web surfing time now XD
Old 08-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,540, Level: 100 Points: 38,540, Level: 100 Points: 38,540, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

I like timeline. It sorts activity better than the previous layout and looks a lot cleaner.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 08-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,761, Level: 78 Points: 14,761, Level: 78 Points: 14,761, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Facebook's really convenient though!

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Old 08-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Quote:
Originally Posted by N64Stein View Post
that question I feel is almost as interesting as why the hell a calculus teacher would make you get Facebook for a class?!?
He wanted to keep in touch with us after we graduated. Pretty reasonalble if you ask me
Old 08-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #10
Pikakid
Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7

Pikakid will become famous soon enoughPikakid will become famous soon enough

I dont care. Facebook is a website where people can talk to each other and that is what I use it for! I couldnt care less about all those whiney kids who think that changing a website's layout is the end of the world. I use it, my friends use it, and thats all that matters.
Closed Thread