Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Diablo 3
Diablo 3
The Devil has Returned
Published by N64Stein
08-01-2012
Author review
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 95%
Star Man Diablo 3

After a decade of rumors, Diablo 3, the long awaited follow up to the acclamed Diablo series created by Blizzard Entertainment was officially announced on June 28, 2008 and debuted itself onto the PC gaming stage on May 15, 2012. When Diablo 3 was launched, Blizzard Entertainment recorded that their game had sold 3.7 million units in the first 24 hours of its release. This makes it one of the fastest selling games in history and for good reason to.

Diablo 3, first of all has an amazing in depth story line, taking you 20 years after the events of Diablo 2, but don't let that differ you from purchasing the game. You are first introduced to the main characters of the story through an amazingly graphic opening cut scene, something reminiscent to that of a peter Jackson film. Your character, which you choose from 1 of 5 classes (barbarian, monk, witch doctor, wizard and demon hunter) takes the player into a world full of demons, dungeons, gold and gore as you fight your way through countless foes to save the world from impending doom. As the story line progresses so does your character. You continue to level up and futher your characters natural skills. These skills can then further be enhanced by runes which are given to you as your character levels up. The difference in applying rune combinations to your skill sets is what can set your character apart from a character of the same class in online multiplayer.

Most wizards rely on long range, yet powerful energy attacks to keep their foes at bay.

The story line takes your character through a total of 4 acts all of which feature an amassed amount of dungeons to further your characters experience as well as further his wallet. The game features an online auction house where items found or forged in story mode can be traded for gold which can then be used to enhance your character through the purchasing of weapons, armor and magical items. Blizzard Entertainment recently made an addition to the online auction house by allowing people to sell in game items for real world cash through the use of a pay-pal account, making all those hours your going to spend playing that much more justifiable.

An example of a characters in game inventory and equipped items.

After beating the initial story line on standard difficulty you are given the option to play the game on an increased difficulty known as nightmare and once beating that, are then given another opportunity to prove your demon slaying skills in the inferno difficulty setting. Each difficulty, although follows the same story line as the previous difficulties before it, allows the character to obtain more unique items and a larger pay out of gold when defeating hordes of enemies.

You will encounter a denser group of enemies the higher in difficulty you go, but your battling will not go unrewarded.

Although playing by yourself is extremely fun, it's awesome teaming up with your friends and others alike (no pun intended). Diablo 3 features a co-op multiplayer which allows friends and total strangers alike to play together in story mode and help each other achieve there goal in saving the world. Although beginners of the game will find it difficult being hurried through the story line in co-op, it adds a bit of relief to newer players worried about leveling up too slowly. Blizzard Entertainment has also announced the addition of a player vs player arena in the coming months so characters from around the world can prove who reigns supreme in the Diablo 3 universe.

An example of an in game co-op party battling their way through a dungeon.

My only issue with Diablo 3 is the obvious problem that Blizzard should have solved from day 1, which is that there are so many people playing this game at once that the servers have had a tendency to crash. Blizzard has released patches to resolve this issue but from time to time do not be surprised if you cannot connect to your account. Especially if you do not have an internet connection, seeing as you need one to even play a single player game.

WTF?!

All in all Diablo 3 is a one of those games you just have to buy! The graphics are extremely vibrant, especially for a game as dark and Gothic as this. The original scores of music throughout the game blend extremely well into the Diablo universe adding a special demonic feel to the game play. The fact that Diablo only asks for a purchase of the game and no monthly subscription like some of Blizzards other games gives the incentive to fans of other online mmos to at least give the game a try. The addition of the the real world money auction house and promise of a PvP arena as well as talks of the soon to be released expansion give fans of the Diabo series, old and new, more to look forward to from this amazing installment in the game.

Happy Gaming!

Starting from left "Wizard, Barbarian, Hemon hunter", in there rightful poses
Published by
NFF Promoter
N64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really nice
Sponsored Links
By Mario on 08-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Great review for your first one! I was suppose to have picked this game up awhile ago. I need to pick this up for the PC asap. Co-op action!
By N64Stein on 08-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 95%
an additional warning to all people who pick up this game, a mouse inst needed to play but is HIGHLY recommended! Even if your a laptop user like me, you will find this game 100% easier if you even purchase a shotty 5 dollar plug and play mouse from best-buy, future shop and the like. And hope to see you pwning hordes along side me soon Mario XD
By eruairun on 08-19-2012, 10:46 PM
It's pretty easy to understand
Thanks
By Bryaugh on 08-22-2012, 08:29 PM
I dunno, I found the starting difficulty setting way, WAY too easy. I mean, the story was OK and my class was pretty fun, but I played it for the first time all the way through in hardcore mode without dying once, or even breaking a sweat. It was a good game, but waaay too easy for me. It kind of just reminded me of WoW.
By N64Stein on 08-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 95%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryaugh View Post
I dunno, I found the starting difficulty setting way, WAY too easy. I mean, the story was OK and my class was pretty fun, but I played it for the first time all the way through in hardcore mode without dying once, or even breaking a sweat. It was a good game, but waaay too easy for me. It kind of just reminded me of WoW.
that was the problem that I have just started to encounter, went on a 3 month gold farming binge and have slowly started to play less of it...the new counter strike and guild wars maaaay have something to do with it :P just saying, but none the less a great game
By Mario on 08-23-2012, 10:49 AM
That's because you have your difficulty setting at Noob!
Comment