Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii > SSBB

Notices

SSBB Post anything Super Smash Brothers Brawl here.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Kisashi
Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2

Kisashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Link Old Which Super Smash Bros is best?

I personally believe that Super Smash Bros Brawl is the best for right now. And at one point Melee was. I believe that with very iteration of Super Smash Bros it gets better. Think about it, with each new SSB comes more characters, better graphics, more stages, new items, and with SSBB came super smashes and a story line to the game as opposed to just adventure mode. Don't get me wrong adventure mode was great i just liked Subspace Emmissary was a bit better.
What do you think is the best SSB? And why?
Kisashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
N64Stein
NFF Promoter
Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35

My Mood: Gaming
N64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 1

3DS Friend Code: 5112-4382-9772 PSN ID: N64Stein

Brawl was by far the most superior, but i'd play melee over the original any day. But without the awesomeness of the original we wouldn't even have had brawl. All in all a great series of games and it hasn't been ruined yet! (knock on wood)
Old 08-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,243, Level: 100 Points: 58,243, Level: 100 Points: 58,243, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I honestly enjoyed Melee more than Brawl. That's not to say Brawl is bad. The main things they screwed up in Brawl was the addition of tripping and make the pace slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

I'm torn between Brawl Melee

On one hand Brawl has the most content of the series obviously and introduced some of my favorite characters(Snake, Lucas, and Wolf), as well as an Adventure mode(Subspace Emissary) that's more story driven than Melee's. On the other hand Brawl also raped my favorite characters from Melee(Link and Captain Falcon) and SSE was one of the most boring things I had to dredge through offing absolutely no replay value(at least Melee's Adventure mode had this)

In the end though Melee wins solely on the fact that it didn't have the single most annoying thing to happen to the franchise.....tripping
Old 08-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,243, Level: 100 Points: 58,243, Level: 100 Points: 58,243, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
NurseNinja
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1

NurseNinja is an unknown quantity at this point

Friend Codes
I base my favorite solely off the VS mode portion of the game. Honestly, can you say that you spent any less than 99% of the time playing on VS mode and <1% on the random single player stuff?
~*Oh yay! Break the targets!!*~
I liked Brawl the best because its VS. mode had the greatest diversity in characters, stages, and items. It kept my friends and I playing it together for longer periods of time because there were so many options to chose from. I do think all the games are wonderful though
NurseNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNinja View Post
I base my favorite solely off the VS mode portion of the game. Honestly, can you say that you spent any less than 99% of the time playing on VS mode and <1% on the random single player stuff?
~*Oh yay! Break the targets!!*~
I liked Brawl the best because its VS. mode had the greatest diversity in characters, stages, and items. It kept my friends and I playing it together for longer periods of time because there were so many options to chose from. I do think all the games are wonderful though
On Melee, I was quite the trophy hoarder myself. Also, it's WAY faster to unlock characters and stages in single player, this making Multiplayer more fun.

Quote:

Old 08-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
N64Stein
NFF Promoter
Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35

N64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 1

3DS Friend Code: 5112-4382-9772 PSN ID: N64Stein
if melee some how had online play at the time i feel it would have taken the world alot more by storm
Old 08-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,385, Level: 100 Points: 56,385, Level: 100 Points: 56,385, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Melee is still my favorite of the three. The significantly faster pace makes the battles that much more intense. Brawl is great and all, but after the excitement of playing the newest Super Smash Bros. game wore off, it tends to get stale. I'm just now getting back into it after a couple months hiatus. Not to mention, Melee is arguably much more balanced. For the most part, Melee did not have the problem of characters being overpowered or underpowered. Of course the drawback is that the Melee roster isn't quite as big, not to mention filled with clones, but as long as the characters are all for the most part pretty fair that makes up for it I guess. Of course if Melee had Brawl's roster that would be perfect, though (or rather I guess if Brawl ran on the Melee engine).

The main innovation I give Brawl credit for is the Subspace Emissary...well, okay it got stale and reptitive gameplay wise, but it was cool to see the Nintendo Universe coming together and interacting with each other in a story.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #10
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I think we should take into account that Melee was a huge, huge, HUGE, HUGE improvement over Smash Bros. 64, while Brawl just made some changes to what Melee had created.

Quote: