Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Mario Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,142, Level: 100 Points: 60,142, Level: 100 Points: 60,142, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Sm Mario Favorite Mario Party Minigames

What are they?

Dungeon Duos (Mario Party 4)
A 2 on 2 minigame where the goal is simply to escape the obstacle course before the other team. This minigame places an abnormally big emphasis on teamwork, because if someone messes up you will lose big amounts of precious time while the other team is getting away. Both have to be super coordinated. The frantic music also makes this one.

Granite Getaway (Mario Party 6)
A free for all minigame where everyone is running through a temple from a giant boulder, Indiana Jones-style. Of course there are many hazards that you can trip over which can cause you to fall prey to the boulder. Although once you memorize where all the tripping hazards are, it's a matter of trying to push your competitors into them.

Vaccuum (Mario Party DS)
The exact name of this game escapes me, but it's a game in Mario Party DS where all four players are running away from a giant vaccuum cleaner trying to avoid being sucked in. Much like Granite Getaway there are obstacles to avoid. If you happen to be running along a rug, you are that much more vulnerable to being sucked in.

Blooper Scooper (Mario Party 6)
Another favorite from Mario Party 6. In the opening scene everyone is on a ship in the middle of the ocean when a giant Blooper pops up and destroys the ship. A huge whirlpool then surrounds the Blooper and the game begins. The goal is to swim for your life whilst avoiding the debris from the ship and the Blooper's tentacles, both of which will stun you and cause you to drift closer to the Blooper's head in the center of the whirlpool. If you touch the Blooper itself, a tenctacle will reach up and drag your character under the water and you will be out. To win, you must either be the last man standing or survive until the timer runs out.

Avalanche! (Mario Party 4)
Another typical run-away-from-something-bad game. In this case everyone is skiing frantically down a snowy mountain away from a rapidly approaching avalanche. Getting swallowed by it means you're out, of course. For some reason this one is super addictive.

Locked Out (Mario Party 3)
A battle minigame from the third installment. It starts out with the four players trapped in the room of a haunted house. In the middle of the room is an assortment of keys with different symbols on them. The only way to escape the room is to use the correct key on the doors that lead to the next room. The problem? There are three doors and four players, so somebody isn't escaping the room. You have the ability to punch in this minigame to knock the key out of the hands of a competitor, so it turns into a frantic brawl over the keys. Whoever fails to escape the room is out. In the next room, there are three players and two doors, and then in the last room there are two players and only one door. As you can imagine this minigame can get quite hectic. Especially considering that it's a battle game with money on the line.

Snow Brawl (Mario Party 6)
A 1 vs. 3 minigame from Mario Party 6. As the name suggests, the players are in an arena having a snowball fight. Getting hit results in becoming frozen and being out. While this might sound like a heavily one sided minigame in the favor of the 3 players, it's quite the contrary. The lone player has a small army of six Ukiki's (the monkeys) or Shy Guys on his side to help battle the other three (although regardless of the Monkey or Shy Guy teammates, if the lone player is frozen the Team of 3 win even if the lone player still has assistants alive). My sister and I used to go into Free play minigame mode and play just this one for hours, it's that addicting and fun.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
Megas75
A Festive Philistine
Points: 24,485, Level: 95 Points: 24,485, Level: 95 Points: 24,485, Level: 95
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
My knowledge is only limited to Mario Party 1 and 2, but I think Bumper Balls is pretty sweet

I if I looked up all the mini-games both games, had, I could probably come up with a hefty list of the ones I hated
Old 09-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,666, Level: 100 Points: 38,666, Level: 100 Points: 38,666, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

There was so many bad ones, but there were those lengthy ones which were really enjoyable too. The only one that I can remember right now is the one where you have to run around penguins, or something. Fun.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 09-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Everyone mentioned so far, I can agree with.

@Konata, it's Pushy Penguins from Mario Party 5.

Let me just name as many as I can lol. There is a ton now that I think about it. Just good games!

also using stars beside my all time favourites (2 stars for extra special ones

MP1:

Mushroom Mix-Up **
Running Of the Bulb *
Skateboard Scamper **
Platform Peril **
Shy Guy Says
Slot Car Derby
Boblsled Run
Handcar Havoc
Bombs Away
Crazy Cutter

MP2 (any repeat games from the first MP, are on here, but not listed)

Mecha Marathon
Sneak N' Snore
Shell Shocked
Speed Hockey*
Magnet Carta
Bumper Balloon Cars
Day at the races (love-hate with this one haha)

MP3:

Ice Rink Risk*
Snowball Summit*
Cheep Cheep Chase*
Water Whirled
Frigid Bridges
Chip Shot Challenge
Boulder Balls
Tidal Toss*
Eatsa Pizza
Cosmic Coaster
Picking Panic
Vine With Me**
Tick Tock Hop**
Merry Go Chomp
All Fired Up
Dizzy Dinghies

MP4:

Avalanche!
Mr. Blizzards Brigade*
Three Throw
Fish N' Drips
Makin' Waves*
Paths of Peril

MP5 (I've played this one the least, hard to tell):

Flower Shower
Leaf Leap
Later Skater
Pushy Penguins**
Tube it or Lose it
Flatiator

MP6:

Daft Rafts*
Granite Getaway*
Snow Whirled
What Goes Up...
Lift Leapers
Cash Flow
Snow Brawl
Dust til Dawn
Burnstile
Rocky Road
Wrasslin' Rapids
Full Tilt*
Mass Meteor

MP7:

Track & Yield*
Fun Run**
Snow ride*
Take me Ohm
Kart Wheeled
Spray Anything
Battery Ram
The Final Countdown
Apes of Wrath
Camp Ukiki
Fish & Cheeps
Bridge Work
Grin & Bar it
Rope a Dope*
Unhappy Trails*
Bumper To Bumper
Funstacle Course**

Not Even going to attempt 8, played so little, enjoyed little.

MP9 (not played much):

Skyjinx*
Don't Look
Billistics
Magma Mayhem
Spike Strike
Chain Chomp Romp
Goomba Bowling

Wow, a lot more than I thought, I looked up lists of the games for reference. Yeah, I like all of those, needless to say, I love the mario party games.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,142, Level: 100 Points: 60,142, Level: 100 Points: 60,142, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Oh Boulder Balls....how biased you were against the three player team.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCV7wXqUOro#t=4m34s
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

I just discovered JonTron not too long ago. He had a good list.

I'd have made another thread about least favorite minigames but I already know the answer pretty much any game where you just have to Tap A over and over and over until the timer runs out. What the hell gives Nintendo the idea that we like those because they're in every game!

Old 09-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
Blitz
Just Chillin'
Points: 549, Level: 10 Points: 549, Level: 10 Points: 549, Level: 10
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Relaxed
Blitz is on a distinguished road

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 2

Here's my list of favorite MP mini games (From Mario Party 4 & 5, since they're the only two MP games I have):

MP4
Hide and Go BOOM!
Cliffhangers
Avalanche!
Dungeon Duos
The Great Deflate
Right Oar Left
Chain Chomp Fever
Long Claw of the Law

MP5
Tube It or Lose It
ID UFO
Beam Team
Pop Star Piranhas
Hotel Goomba
Pushy Penguins
Flatiator
Frozen Frenzy

Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Bump

Old 11-29-2012, 01:55 AM   #10
Elwood Silverstone
Wood
Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19

My Mood: Psychedelic
Elwood Silverstone has a spectacular aura aboutElwood Silverstone has a spectacular aura about

Avalanche! and Booksquirm were pretty good!