Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA)
Published by FrozenPhoenix96
09-26-2012
Author review
Graphics
60%60%60%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 73%

Intro
First of all, it's a very fun game to play, it's a RPG.
It's the eight Fire Emblem title.
You have your characters, you need to move them some spaces, but you can choose to let them stay on their spot too.
You will do this and then your enemy will do the same.
When you get your character close to a enemy, you can choose to attack it.
You can choose a equiped weapon to attack with, and then a action screen will appear, you are attacking the enemy, and then the enemy will attack.
When your character is dead, then you will never get the character back.
It's a great and fun game, it made me addicted for a few months (and i'm still playing it).
The turn-based battles that form the basis of the gameplay in Fire Emblem have more in common with strategy games like Advance Wars than with other strategy RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

some info
You can raise the statistics of your characters, and train them, level them, and equip them weapons.
The graphics are good for a old game, but it isn't as good as the graphics we have in Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy 2 of course.

classes
You have different classes with their own abilities and powers:
thiefs and rogues can open doors and chests without a key, and pegasusknights and wyvernknights can fly very far, and much classes.

good and bad things
- Gameplay hasn't changed much since the excellent 2003 Fire Emblem game
- Lots of recycled graphics and sound.
+ Lavishly crafted character-driven epic storyline
+ Well suited for players of all ages and skill levels.

what i have to say about the review
Well, this is my first review, so don't expect that this review will be very good or something, i think i'm not very good in reviewing, but i hope that this is a good review.
And see you next time in my next review! hope you all like this one!

----- FrozenPhoenix96 -----
Published by
Show me your power!!
FrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura about
Sponsored Links
By Mikematute on 09-26-2012, 03:20 PM
What i have to say about the review:
1st.- if a person comes by wanting to know the storyline...this wouldnt have helped at all.
2nd.- you didnt give your opinion on graphics, sounds...what did you feel when playing...You went straight to the pooint. Not telling you is wrong.
3rd.- The game play is the same because that is the kind of gameplay the series use. Is like telling me final fantasy is wrong for being an RPG since it came out.

What i liked is that you were direct and short. you could have used images. It is a fine review but it could be better...I personally love the game and series.
By FrozenPhoenix96 on 09-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
60%60%60%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 73%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikematute View Post
What i have to say about the review:
1st.- if a person comes by wanting to know the storyline...this wouldnt have helped at all.
2nd.- you didnt give your opinion on graphics, sounds...what did you feel when playing...You went straight to the pooint. Not telling you is wrong.
3rd.- The game play is the same because that is the kind of gameplay the series use. Is like telling me final fantasy is wrong for being an RPG since it came out.

What i liked is that you were direct and short. you could have used images. It is a fine review but it could be better...I personally love the game and series.
thanks for the hints, critique is what i need to make my reviews even better.
i can't use images, the forum doesn't allow the use of images to me, because the forum is giving a error, that i can't use links, because i need to stay 15 days here.
By Mikematute on 09-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPhoenix96 View Post
thanks for the hints, critique is what i need to make my reviews even better.
i can't use images, the forum doesn't allow the use of images to me, because the forum is giving a error, that i can't use links, because i need to stay 15 days here.
oh yeah..that happens...anyways..good to have a new reviewer....i'm an exmember of the review eam due to time but i think the other might tell you better things..
By AlloftheAbove on 09-28-2012, 04:20 AM
Here are some tips about review-writing in general:

Categories are Restrictive
You're writing the review to tell your readers exactly how you feel about the game. In many ways, this means you can't simply segregate your review into categories. For some people it works, but to a large extent you'll find yourself a lot more free if you just write it like an essay instead of dot-points under a heading.

Subjectivism is the Key
I noticed in your review, you tended to just say straightforward facts, such as it being the eighth FE game in the series. Instead of just rattling off random facts, tell us how you feel about the actual game, and how it compares to the others in the series. For example, you could say that in each installment, the combat system becomes even more complex and you like that. Or, you could say that after 8 games, you're finding the same type of gameplay becoming stale. These are just examples, but you can see how we're weaving the hard facts into your own opinion. Also, an increasingly popular writing tactic is to use an experience from your playthrough as a point of reference. If done right, it's entertaining to read, and it'll be easy to write about.

What's Important?
Because you're telling us how the game affected you and what you thought of it, you're allowed to go into detail about things that other people may not find important. Perhaps you really connected with a specific character which made the story much more engaging and effective. At the same time, you can do the exact opposite. If you don't have much to say about a particular aspect of the game, feel free to talk about it briefly, but keep in mind that you should still discuss why you don't have much to say about it (for example, maybe you don't really enjoy character customisation because you feel it slows the story down).

Be Fun
This is your big shot. Your work is being put on display for the rest of the world to see. Don't be afraid to show off your literary flair for the sake of showmanship. This will become particularly handy during the Review of the Month contest, where other members will vote on what they think the best review was for that month. Make us feel like you've earned that award, that you deserve to have your writing published on a Nintendo website. Be sarcastic, make a joke, tell us about a particular adventure you had which you found interesting. You're supposed to have fun writing about this game, and we're supposed to have fun reading it. If you don't feel like you've got the literary talent to enjoy writing about a game you liked/disliked, then perhaps review writing isn't for you.
By SuperGamecube64 on 09-28-2012, 12:46 PM
AotA has it covered.
By FrozenPhoenix96 on 09-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
60%60%60%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 73%
Thanks a lot for the tips and hints AllOfTheAbove!
By Mikematute on 09-29-2012, 01:24 AM
Ok...scratch what I said....Aota said it all (dont sractch mine....take mine into account too :3)
By FrozenPhoenix96 on 09-29-2012, 01:43 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
60%60%60%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 73%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikematute View Post
Ok...scratch what I said....Aota said it all (dont sractch mine....take mine into account too :3)
Ofcourse
By Maxibon on 03-06-2013, 06:15 AM
weak review of an awesome game. seems to me like AlloftheAbove is the head honcho around here!
Comment