Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Let the Brawl begin!
Published by FrozenPhoenix96
09-29-2012
Author review
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
70%70%70%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 83%
Super Smash Bros Brawl

introduction
(Almost) everyone knows this game, Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Most of you have the game, and plays a lot with it or have played a lot of it.
I thought it would be a good game to review, because I know a lot about this game, and have lot of opinions for it, and the game is very awesome.
I hope that you all like this one.
(I know for sure that this one is better than my review for Fire Emblem Sacred Stones for GBA).
In the Smash Bros. series you fight with other Nintendo characters in a two-dimensional environment in 3D is built. You can only move left, right, up or down move. The level in which a battle takes place is usually composed of a number of platforms from which you can fall. You lose a life or a point, depending on which mode you are playing, if you are from one of the four sides of the level get beaten. Together to deal blows each player will get a higher percentage of damage. The more damage you have, the more you fly away if you get beaten or kicked. Do you have a lot of damage and one of your opponents beat you if you left edge of the level hits, then you're off and you come back without damage. Whoever kills the other most often, will be the winner.

Addicting
The game is very addicting, it's a good game for the people who plays a lot of Nintendogames, and a good game too for who won't.
By the way, this game made me (and many other people) very addicted to it, because it's very fun, and has a lot of action.
You can't play a battle that's exactly the same as another battle, because every battle is unique.
Super Smash Bros Brawl is having more items than Super Smash Bros Melee.

New thing: the stickers
Super Smash Bros Brawl (SSBB) is different than Super Smash Bros Melee (SSBM), because Super Smash Bros Brawl has a lot more trophies and unlockable characters, and you can take snapshots/screenshots, and save the battle (when it's less than 3 minutes) as a video.
Nintendo added a new thing in SSBB, what SSBM didn't have: stickers.
You can collect stickers, and use them in the Subspace Emissary (Subspace Emissary is called by a lot of people, the story mode).
When you use them in the Subspace Emissary, you get extra powers, like 'extra fire resistance' and 'extra swimming time' as examples.

Graphics
The graphics are much better than SSBM and SSB (Super Smash Bros for N64).
You can even see the trouser seams at Mario's pants!
SSBB is much more detailed than SSB and SSBM.
And the effects of the stages are cool too (, like Final Destiantion's background).

Sounds and music
In SSBB you can collect music.
When you collet them, you can choose in the menu wich music you want in the levels.
Some musics are very good, but some music are not my style, but the sounds and music are not very halting or something.
Nintendo made some music different than the original, that's good, because they use music that doesn't fit to battling, but they made it another style or something like that, like Song of Storms and Gourmet Race.

Subspace Emissary: the story mode
Well, it's cool to have a story mode, and it's better than the story mode from SSBM, but sometime you don't understand it.
You can understand the characters very well, that's a good point, because of the fact that they aren't using words in the cutscenes.
The story is pretty exciting and stuff, but for some people it isn't very fun to unlock all the characters in story mode.
But Nintendo made something that's good for that case, you can unlock the characters on each their own way too (, but when you only want to unlock them in that way, you can't play the story mode XD)

Characters
Super Smash Bros Brawl has 35 selectable characters.
My favorite one is Falco.
All the characters haves weak and strong points.
Sonic is very fast, but Donkey Kong is very powerful, as examples.
There are bosses too, the bosses are having all their weak and strong points too.
The characters are very detailed, and have all their own moves.

There are many Smash Bros. newcomers, like:
1. Diddy Kong (from Donkey Kong Country),
2. Ike (from Fire Emblem),
3. King Dedede (from Kirby),
4. Lucario (from Pokemon),
5. Lucas (from Mother 3/EarthBound 2),
6. Meta Knight (from Kirby),
7. Pikmin & Olimar,
8. Pit (from Kid Icarus),
9. Pokemon Trainer (controls 3 Pokemon, you switch between Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard to fight),
10. R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy from Gyromite & Stack-Up),
11. Solid Snake (from Metal Gear Solid),
12. Sonic the Hedgehog,
13. Wario,
14. Wolf (from Star Fox).

Lots of veteran characters from the original N64 Smash Bros. or its Melee GameCube sequel will return, they are:
15. Bowser (from Mario),
16. Captain Falcon (from F-Zero),
17. Donkey Kong,
18. Falco Lombardi (from Star Fox),
19. Fox McCloud (from Star Fox),
20. Ganondorf (from The Legend of Zelda),
21. Ice Climbers,
22. Jigglypuff (from Pokemon),
23. Kirby,
24. Link (from The Legend of Zelda),
25. Luigi (from Mario),
26. Mario,
27. Marth (from Fire Emblem),
28. Mr. Game & Watch (from classic Game & Watch games),
29. Ness (from EarthBound),
30. Pikachu (from Pokemon),
31. Princess Peach (from Mario),
32. Princess Zelda (and her Sheik transformation after using the down special move),
33. Samus Aran (and her Zero Suit Samus transformation after using Final Smash from Metroid),
34. Toon Link (from The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker),
35. Yoshi (from Mario).

Characters who did not return from Smash Bros. Melee are:
* Dr. Mario,
* Mewtwo, (But Lucario is almost the same as Mewtwo, but there are a few differences)
* Pichu,
* Roy.

Extra new things
Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a huge replayability. Besides the fact that you can collect more trophies than in Super Smash Bros. Melee, stickers will also appear in the various game modes. These stickers can be used to give your characters more power in the Subspace Emissionary mode. This is done by the stickers on the bottom of the foot trophy to paste the character you play. Stronger stickers will occupy a larger area of the trophy base, so you will need to consider how well the stickers on the base paste. Furthermore, the game has a large number of unlockable items such as levels, music and objects for the level editor.
Where many Smash Bros. fanatics have been waiting for is the online mode. As is known Nintendo is not one of the strongest in the area of ​​online multiplayer, unfortunately, it also shines in the online mode of Brawl. Although this mode is technically often works well, it is possible that you will experience lag when you play against someone in America for example. After the European release players are probably closer to home online, that this problem will reduce. Apart from this, the online mode is a great addition to unfortunately not too much depth. But it remains the most fun to the opponent next to you on the couch when you beat him.

What i else have to say
I hope you all like the review!

--- FrozenPhoenix96 ---
Published by
Show me your power!!
FrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura about
Sponsored Links
By AlloftheAbove on 09-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Better than before, but you're still using dot points and short sentences instead of paragraphs. Besides the feedback I gave from your previous review, all I can really say is 'elaborate on pretty much everything.'
By SuperGamecube64 on 09-29-2012, 08:56 PM
try reading some reviews by established reviewers such as myself, AotA, Gameboy, etc. and learn from us. I would suggest taking a couple of weeks to just "study" others.
By FrozenPhoenix96 on 09-30-2012, 01:38 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
70%70%70%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 83%
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
try reading some reviews by established reviewers such as myself, AotA, Gameboy, etc. and learn from us. I would suggest taking a couple of weeks to just "study" others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
Better than before, but you're still using dot points and short sentences instead of paragraphs. Besides the feedback I gave from your previous review, all I can really say is 'elaborate on pretty much everything.'
Yeah, I'm going to finish these while looking at the reviews from SGC64, AofA, and GamBoy.
And when this one is finished, then I'm going to 'study' the reviews from you guys for a couple of weeks.
By FrozenPhoenix96 on 09-30-2012, 05:06 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
70%70%70%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 83%
The review is complete now