Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Alice
触手姫。( ^ω^)
Points: 31,784, Level: 100 Points: 31,784, Level: 100 Points: 31,784, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Alice's RPG idea thread

So...
If you are not already aware, and I know that a lot of you ARE unaware, I, Alice Scarlet, am conceptualizing an Fantasy, Action-adventure, beat-em-up style, horror... WHATEVER GAME. The game itself is similar to Skyrim in terms of exploration, that meaning that the world you can play in is absurdly gigantic and full of all sorts of secret areas, mini-dungeons, and NPCs that give quests and whatnot. The gameplay is something I am batting around, but I'll get to that in a bit.

For now, the story has no definitive main character. The is because the main thing I want to try out is a Crystal Chronicles style adventure, with a ton of playable characters, each with their own unique skills and whatnot. The thing with that... There are four main races in my RPG.
Mizze, a race of terrestrial OR amphibious elf-like creatures, with horns. With the caravan-style thing in mind, the idea was to limit the player to only having two characters per race. In this way, the player gets an amphibious character to go underwater and kill special enemies or find some rare loot, while the terrestrial variety can trek in deserts and other such dry areas, where amphibious mizze would suffocate from being in. in this way, the player can traverse two insanely different terrains, and play two different characters. However, this forced usage of two different varieties of a single race is only present in this race. The other three have different varieties, but each sub-species does the same thing as the others, just with different perks.
Spoiler
This is an image of two of my amphibious mizze characters, drawn by bjc.

Hawvuls, being essentially the Drow of the world, are a lot like mizze, except for that they lack gills in any of their sub-species. The still have horns, but they also have a set of wings that mizze never have. The wings have two styles, Mukka and Nelaf, the former being feathery, and the latter being rather bat-like and leathery. In either case, the wings stem out from the hawvul's shoulder blades. Gameplay wise, these could be used in battle to fly or jump very high up to deliver painful dive-bomb attacks or avoid danger, and exploration wise to traverse high peaks and find treasure in those areas. Mizze also have grey skin usually, and solid black eyes (as shown in wingedworchael's drawing below.) As a quick note, the only reason that there are different wing types is that one is made to amplify melee capabilities, while the other is more ranged-magic based.
Spoiler

A'somniles, which I know a lot of people will hate, are, in short, basically that khajiit of this world. They are more like a mix of bob-cats and lions than they are like tigers, but nonetheless, they are bi-pedal feline people. Now, being as, story and history wise, a'somniles are tribe-people that are physical and feline, they dig. That is what I wanted to be a gameplay element. A player who plays an a'somnile can dig underground to set up an ambush, or find some loot, or maybe find a secret passage. They are also almost exclusively melee-based fighter that focus on using magic to boost their punches and their kicks to wreck their enemies, rather than shooting a bolt of electricity across a forest to do it. These are the brute characters, basically. Below is an illustration done by Modesty of an a'somnile woman.
Spoiler

The final race. Slime people. Slime people, in short, were once hawvuls or mizze that had their life energy sealed into an orb known as an ughis, which is essentially a magical, hollow piece of fortified iron. The spirit has a powerful telekinetic effect while in the orb, and uses liquid to form itself, usually a mixture of water and sludge makes up the body of the slime person, who retains their appearance via memory mostly. What are the perks of slime people? They have excellent resistance, so they can take a volley of attacks, but their attacks suffers for this, physically anyway. In terms of magic, slimes are slightly above average, but nowhere near as strong with it as mizze or Mukka Hawvuls. Slimes are also effective at infiltration, being as they can liquify, and stretch through some cracks in walls and in between bars, as long as the liquid remains in contact with the Ughis, which is too large to go through crevices, but the slime can still unlock doors, or grab keys, or whatever.
Spoiler

I drew this one.

Now, each races has their own way to get certain treasure spots, yea? SO obviously the player has to make at least one of every character to get all of the loot in the game, right? Not exactly. It was thrown back and forth between me and myself about including a way for each race to acquire every treasure (shovels, maybe pickaxes for wrecking through cervices, climbing tools, etc), but making the player pay, by making it a lot harder for the character to not only get the items necessary for said activities, but also making the acquisition hard in itself. In this way, the player can stick to one character if they really wanted to, while still being able to get all the treasures available in the game.

----------

Also, the gameplay itself.
The hope is something sort of like Kingdom Hearts or Dynasty Warriors. Sort of like a beat-em-up, with tactics for magic and combos and what have you.

Anyway, I'll add more later on, I want to know the forum's thoughts on the races and gameplay.

~Alice Scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Alice is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 951, Level: 16 Points: 951, Level: 16 Points: 951, Level: 16
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Wow. I was planning on skimming this but it was so interesting I read it word for word.

So, right off the bat I would like to compliment your imagination, the thought and character plot had to take a long while to figure out. How you're making each character have it's own perks as far as hidden rooms, keys, etc. that's pretty awesome. The drawings are also pretty ****ing cool, and after reading all this I must say I want to play your game really bad! Lol.

All in all great job and this looks fantastic! Plus the fighting mode (KH/Dynasty Warriors) with all the different races and tactics that would be great. Really nice job.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
Alice
触手姫。( ^ω^)
Points: 31,784, Level: 100 Points: 31,784, Level: 100 Points: 31,784, Level: 100

Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Come tomorrow, if enough people found this interesting, I will add more concept stuff.

Quote:
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Old 10-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,559, Level: 73 Points: 12,559, Level: 73 Points: 12,559, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

You have been working on this quite a while I think...or that was another one...I think i am confusing your proyects.....
anyways..love the conceps...slime people will and shall be sexy.......and powerful....
I like it

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Mikematute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
Killua
Property Of Nicci
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball

Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Scarlet View Post
Come tomorrow, if enough people found this interesting, I will add more concept stuff.
Yeah I would love to see more. Let me know if you add to this.
Quote:
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
Alice
触手姫。( ^ω^)

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

As it stands, I have way more concepts, stories, monsters, magic abilities, plot elements, characters, and what have you than I have time to go in detail about in one sitting. Again, I'll only go into detail if enough people show interest in the project and would be willing to help me expand on it heavily.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Alice
触手姫。( ^ω^)

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

The game's environments are... Shall we say... Varying.
Let's start off with the basics. The game takes place on a planet I have named Kinova as a palceholder. Kinova is roughly the same size of Earth, but it's location relative to it's star is different. The star of Kinova is much older than the sun, making it in it's red giant phase (I believe). Being as the star is bigger, the planet takes more time to make a full rotation, which is of course one year. So, one Kinovan year is one and a half Earth years. So two Kinovan years makes three Earth years, four Kinovan years makes 6 Earth years, yadda yadda yadda.

Now that the whole timey wimey space shit is out of the way, onwards to the environments. Kinova is separated into twelve continents...

-Zentra: Essentially, the North America of the planet. The trade central, full of people who want a life full of luxury and success. Nature-wise, Zentra is full to the brim with immense plains that quickly work into forests and other areas full of vegetation. Zentra is also the continent where amphibious mizze choose to make their homes.

While I'm talking about amphibious mizze...

Mizze have an organized way to describe social status within their society. The hierarchal stance is divided as such:
  • Water Dwellers
  • Land Dwellers
  • Sky Dwellers
As shown, Water > Land > Sky. It is a common belief that any mizze who resides in water is superior to any mizze that lives on land. It is then shown that mizze that live on land are better than anything that licves in the sky, which are almost exclusively Hawvuls. Mizze have a complex to label Hawvuls as evil creatures that have no stand in society as anything more than dirt. As such. it is relatively rare to find a hawvul residing on land in mizze societies.
Aquatic Hierarchy is somewhat confusing. The way it works for the sea is that the closer a mizze is to the surface, the higher their social rank, unless they are actually on the serface. This is negated with river and lake dwellers, as they are simply given the lowest status that a mizze recieves that resides at the bottom of the sea. Water dwellers also have high statuses the closer they are to a river while residing in the sea, unless they are actually in the river.
It works like this:
  • Sea dwellers near surface and river mouth > Sea dwellers on surface,
  • Sea dwellers near surface > sea dwellers between surface and floor.
  • Sea dwellers between surface and floor > Sea dwellers on floor.
  • Sea dwellers on floor = Lake, river, pond, etc. dwellers.
This is the further broken down into simpler methods of hierarchy.
  • Sea dwellers > Land Dwellers.
  • Land Dwellers > Sky Dwellers.
This basically means that if a mizze is amphibious, it is of the highest hierarchal class possible within mizze society.

(Will continue in a bit)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #8
Killua
Property Of Nicci

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Exactly what I wanted, awesome stuff bro!
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #9
Alice
触手姫。( ^ω^)

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

-Mesotonia: The continent that is most often viewed as the bane of Kinova, Mesotonia has earned a reputation of being the most dangerous place to be, even in death. The land itself is nothing more than an enormous desert, full of caverns formed of sandstone and monsters that are beyond deadly in some cases. The story goes that some few centuries back (Roughly four-hundred years in regards to when the game takes place), a world-wide cult, known as the Cult of Kiratelle or The Kiratellian Cult, used the combined magic of some of the higher-ranking members to start conjuring the minions of their abysmal deity, Slivek. The conjuration took place in some underground tunnels of Mesotonia, where the summoned minions, known as Zarba, devoured the ones that summoned them. Over the years, the Zarba are still a main part of the cult's actions against some nations, but they are also viewed as enemies of the cult due to the hostility the Zarba emanate.

Let me explain the cult right quick. The Cult of Kiratelle was created by a clan of Hawvuls known as the Krisii Clan, as a way to give the Hawvuls the respect in society that they believe they deserved. Their methodology involved 'hatching' a God from one of Kinova's moons, Kiratelle. The idea was that if there was energy focused on key points in all twelve nations, then the force of the aura on the planet relative to the moon would shatter it, and release the God Slivek. Needless to say that when word of this got out, every nation did their job to safeguard these 'key points' to avoid a cataclysm. However, about a hundred years after the formation of the cult, another method came to exist which would, in theory, summon the god, which was to make enough blood sacrifices to appease the god. Reasoning led them to believe that sacrificing a'somniles would appease Slivek, being as a'somniles hold their own religious beliefs that the Kiratellian Cultists viewed as blasphemous. For about four years, there was a great war between cultists, hawvuls and some slimes, and the Mesotonian a'somniles. In the end, the cult got their sacrifices together in the caverns beneath Mesotonia, where the cult believed the aura of sacrilegious beings getting sacrificed, and the strength of their belief, would created a beacon powerful enough to hatch Slivek. They succeeded, and Slivek went into a blind rage. Slivek killed a large amount of cultists, and caused tremors that shook the nation and the planet for about a week, which drained the rather low amount of power that Slivek had. He has been dormant for almost four-hundred years now.

Let me explain something, Zarba an really only be described as this...
They are disembodied cat heads essentially. They are actually about a foot and a half to two feet in height, and have respective dimensions to support that size. In some cases, there is blood dripping from their eyes or mouths... Constantly. Zarba also have immense fangs that are usually about half the length of the Zarba itself. What also strikes fear in the hearts of Kinovans are the eyes of the Zarba, which, in daylight, have an ominous, white glare that just makes it seem as though all a zarba sees is indefinite emptiness. In darkness... The zarba's eyes are like a typical cat's eyes, they reflect light that appears as the cat's eye colour. In the case of Zarba, the light is usually a red-purple or dark-ish purple, and not only that, when the zarba moves, there is a slight haze where the eye was prior to the movement. So far, there are four known species of Zarba:

-Piin: The most commonly seen variety, sporting thin fur, average fangs, and the same blank expression Zarba are known for. They are no less hostile than any other zarba, but they are easily dispatched.

-Syssa: A less common, but still relatively known variety, the Syssa zarba sport a thicker coat, and usually have slightly larger fangs. It appears that Syssa act as ringleaders for small groups of piin zarba.

-Nyreg: A rather uncommon variety of zarba that have thick fur, similar to syssa zarba, but have significantly smaller fangs, and a large amount of whisker/antennae things hanging out from the inner-ears and sides of the zarba's mouth. These zarba are the center of attention in any given area, being as they act as lookouts. If they sense even the slightest movement near them of anything living, they let out a painfully loud shriek that attracts any zarba nearby to them, and thus, to anything that is deemed a threat.

-Slivek: Slivek is different from most Zarba. For one, his head is roughly fifty-feet in height, which goes along with his enormous body. Yes, unlike any other variety of zarba, Slivek has a gigantic body, with claws that could tear through villages and forests in seconds. He still sports the immense fangs and thick fur that are associated with stronger species of zarba.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
Killua
Property Of Nicci

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Again, fantastic stuff.

It really baffles me how elaborate you are and how each place has it's own separate history.
Quote:

Tags
alice scarlet, damian wafstet, game design, opinions, roleplaying game