Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Final Fantasy Dirge of Cerberus
Published by Cloud7
08-20-2008
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%

Okay time for an awesome review I have been itching to review and here it comes!

Yes it is a review of Final Fantasy Dirge of Cerberus! I am going to get right to it!

Okay so the story is that their is an organization called Deepground and they are located under the Old Shinra Power company! They were a secret program that in my opinion went horribly wrong! Before the members of Deepground were with Deepground they were regular people leading ordinary lives until Shinra Kidnapped them and turned them into fighting machines, but their judgement and humanity was lost somewhere along the way! The Action actually begins in I think in Kalm where they are celebrating some kind of event with a festival! Vincent Valentine is also in the City of Kalm when Deepground shows up and kidnaps alot of the people in the city!

Okay so I will start with the Graphics part of this review! Well the Graphics are pretty amazing in this game But that is what you expect from a Final Fantasy game right? Some of the cut scenes look just like a CGI movie and that made me really happy! Overall the Graphics are perfect and I give it a 10 out of 10!

Next is the story! Okay so if you haven't guessed you take the role of Vincent Valentine and play through his story of his journey and find out what happened to him all them years ago in the Shinra manor and what he has come to become! So It all starts at the Mako Cannon at the end of Final Fantasy VII in which they are clearing everyone out around the cannon but they see that someone is on the cannon itself so Vincent investigates and finds the person dead or unconcious either way and Vincent pulls out his gun to finish him off but then he just disappeares which it turns out that the person is actually Hojo (Crisis Core reference)but then it skips 3 years and continues with Deepground's appearance in Kalm in which Vincent intervines and saves as much of the population that he can! This game leads Vincent to find out that he actually has something sinister inside him........Chaos! I give the story a 10 out of 10 also!

Next comes the controls and how well the game handles! Okay so I loved how the game handles and the controls that were chosen for this game, they worked so well with the controller I couldn't have done it better myself! There is actually a jump button in this game which was awesome because I haven't seen a jump feature in a Final Fantasy Game before it was nice to have that added in this game! I give the controls a 10 as well!

I love the soundtrack to this game it is amazing! Most of the songs are performed by Gackt which I have never heard of them but they are very good with their featured song Redemption which is extremely good! and the voice overs for the characters was just incredible if I do say so myself! I give the sound 10 too!

Over all this game is perfect I love it and all I hear about this game is positive comments! This is a 10 out of 10 game it is perfection!

Well I hope you enjoyed this review of FFVII DoC and if you are willing to go the distance you will unlock a secret ending that is awesome *Hint Hint* it has something to do with Crisis Core and a Continuation of the FFVII series!

Now here is a trailer type thing to get some hype up on it! And the song in it is Redemption by Gackt!

~Cloud7
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By SeanMi on 08-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Whoa...
great review Cloud!
By Tencade Kazarian on 08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
I Must Own This Game......
By Skreamo on 08-21-2008, 03:26 AM
I gotta get this game *runs to Wal-Mart* lol
Awesome Review Cloud
By Lukario on 08-21-2008, 05:01 PM
I've had this game since 2006, and it is truly an awesome game. A must have for any Final Fantasy fan.

Also, very good review. The parts of it I read were really good.

Lukario
By da Beef on 02-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
50%50%50%
Storyline
30%30%30%
Controls/Gameplay
40%40%40%
Sound
50%50%50%
Average 43%
this game was horrible for me. it just.... there was so much bad. i don't know where to start.

it was bad. =/

this game was just a cheap attempt to cash in on a bunch of emo kids and fanboys' love of the series. if there was a good game underneath, then that would have been ok, but instead it was just awful
Last edited by da Beef; 02-07-2009 at 06:24 PM..
By SirManguydude on 02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Someone here is a FF7 Junkie.

This game has horrible controls, and you can't even do anything cool, like in the cinematics. I wouldn't pay $5 for this game in my opinion. Worst game ever IMO.
By da Beef on 02-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
50%50%50%
Storyline
30%30%30%
Controls/Gameplay
40%40%40%
Sound
50%50%50%
Average 43%
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
Someone here is a FF7 Junkie.

This game has horrible controls, and you can't even do anything cool, like in the cinematics. I wouldn't pay $5 for this game in my opinion. Worst game ever IMO.
you sir, are correctomundo
By ゼルダ姫 on 02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
55%55%55%
Controls/Gameplay
40%40%40%
Sound
80%80%80%
Average 66%
First off, Cloud you did another great job with another review! ^^

And, I do have to agree that the game seemed, at times, choppy to me. I am a huge FF VII fan, so I was more than eager to get the game and start a new quest! But, I became little by little, disappointed with the overall story. The game play was very different as were the controls. And even though it had the characters I just love, I don't know how much replay value this one will have for me...or may even get out of me. XD

Overall: Liked it, but some things changed would give it more appeal.
Comment