Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Published by FrozenPhoenix96
10-21-2012
Author review
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 84%

This game is a great game in my opinion, I played this a lot when I was a little child, and I still play it sometimes, I completed the story, and then I play it again, and again, and again.
But instead of only looking at the positive points, we are going to look at the negative points as well.
Because this game isn't perfect (, no game is 100% perfect), we are going to look at the negative points too.
So let's start this review.

First of all the graphics are good, but not as good as the games like Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and Super Smash Bros Brawl, but it's still good in graphics for a GameCube game.
The music is awesome, I listen to this music with my smart phone when I'm in the taxi on my way to school.
But I think they still could do something better with the music, but they are still awesome.
Let's take this music as example.

This music could be a lot better in my opinion if they made some changes to it.

The story is great, it's easy to understand what's going on each time, and the characters show some clear expressions.

The story is awesome in some other points too, the story is exciting and fun, and adventurous too.
The battles are epic, the boss fights and 'mini/mid'-boss fights are awesome in many ways, you need to react as quick as possible each time, and need to find out what the weak points of the enemies are.

The controls are clear, and easy to understand, you need to do some controls right, so you can do the move you want, but if you do the wrong control input, then you do some other moves.
You can walk accidentally in the lava as example.
But that doesn't happen a lot, because the controls are very clear and easy to understand.
There are a lot exciting parts in the story and game.
Like sneaking trough the rooms where the Mobilins are, when you don't have a sword.
If they see you, then you land in jail.
You can escape, but the jail is somewhere at the begin of the fortress.

What I saw, is that the chlidish fairy that give you the fire arrows and ice arrows, that she look a lot like Fi of Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword.

If you look at the master sword from Wind Waker very close, then it looks like a toy, lol.
The master sword from Wind Waker is not as (almost) all the others purple, but blue, just a funny thing to know for the people that doesn't know it yet.

Another funny thing to know, is that Ganondorf is a lot fatter then in all the other games, and doesn't have armor.

Greats:
- awesome story
- good music
- easy and clear controls
- nice graphics

Weaks:
- some things could be better

Well this is my review, so I say goodbye to you all, and see you all in my next review, I hope you like this one!

The end.

Published by
Show me your power!!
FrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura about
Sponsored Links
By SuperGamecube64 on 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Ok you have definitely made some huge, major improvements here. I would suggest that in the future you let someone like me or AotA proofread or even edit your review for grammatical errors. English is not your first language, so there is no shame in that. Good job. It does seem a bit too much like an outline, though. You mentioned the story is great. Well, why is it great? What is it even about? These things will come in time.
By FrozenPhoenix96 on 10-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 84%
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Ok you have definitely made some huge, major improvements here. I would suggest that in the future you let someone like me or AotA proofread or even edit your review for grammatical errors. English is not your first language, so there is no shame in that. Good job. It does seem a bit too much like an outline, though. You mentioned the story is great. Well, why is it great? What is it even about? These things will come in time.
Thanks!
Yeah, I improved.
It would be fine if you or AotA edit it for grammar issues, thanks.
And I will do that explaination about my points later today or tomorrow.
By Konata on 10-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Nice improvement.
By FrozenPhoenix96 on 10-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 84%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
Nice improvement.
Thanks
By Killua on 10-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Good shit man. Definitely better than your last couple.
By FrozenPhoenix96 on 10-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 84%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua View Post
Good shit man. Definitely better than your last couple.
Thanks a lot!!
By Killua on 10-21-2012, 03:54 PM
No prob.

The cool thing is you'll keep improving as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing you thrive.
By ElBootho on 10-21-2012, 04:25 PM
ah, good times but anyways nice improvement
By FrozenPhoenix96 on 10-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 84%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBootho View Post
ah, good times but anyways nice improvement
Thanks!
I'm going to make my next review about a Pokemon game I think.
Comment