Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter
 
Cam3ron36@NFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,987

My Mood: Gaming
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 110
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of


Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Cam's Top Mario Kart Games (Part 2)

This is part 2 of my list containing my top 3 Mario Kart games, click here to see how I ranked the other 4:

http://www.nintendofanforum.com/show...932#post193932

Now, onto the top 3, starting with number 3, ending with number 1.

Number 3:
Spoiler


Yeah, most of you saw this coming, didn't you? Some were surprised it even made the top 3, including myself until I played it.

I never would have thought this game would have the impact on me that it did. The newer installments just haven't done it for me in recent years, but when I decided to buy this game out of the blue on the drive to the lake, I couldn't put it down. Alright, that's a lie, I put it down, but I constantly came back throughout the next week to play 30 minutes of the game or so. This game is a great pick it up and play game, no doubt about it. I could pick it up now and have a blast. So yes, it does beat Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Kart, Super Circuit, and DS, definitely.

What really sells this one for me? The tracks! I am strapped to find a mediocre track in this entire game, they are all so well made, very imaginative, and just plain beautiful! Even their Retro lineup is the finest to date in my opinion. I could list off all the great treasures in the retro lineup, but fact is it's hard to disagree with just about any of the tracks they gave a comeback. Of course there is 1 or 2 I would prefer be in the game that weren't, but what's that leave for Mario Kart WiiU... 8... reloaded... whatever they decide to call the next game.

In regards to tracks, I love the inclusion of the new types of tracks, that instead of being lapped, have 3 segments, and are just in reality one straight go. These are actually my favourites, Wuhu Loop, Maku Wahu, and Rainbow Road. All fantastic! Not to mention the many branching paths Maku Wahu and Wuhu Loop have to offer. My favourite retro course believe it or not is SNES Rainbow Road. I like that they actually brought back a rainbow Road track for the retro cup, and as basic as this one is, it's gloriously ported with some changes, but not too many. The music really sells it for me as well, just like on SNES.

I know I don't really play it much as of now, and I'm surprised I even bought it. I own about 200 or 300+ games, so I really cannot buying more ever really. I'm glad I bought this one though. I bet if I picked it up now, I'd enjoy it, but I have like 40 other games I could say that about right now, just too much to play, so little time :P Good game for drives though, definitely, and I have a lot of those every year.

I think 7 fixed a lot that I found wrong with Mario Kart Wii, since it's not overly chaotic, levels are better, it took the best levels from Mario Kart Wii and put them on 7 anyways. It also had a much better Rainbow Road, I always found Wii's to be really mediocre personally. So luck factor is the big thing, 7 takes more skill, and I personally find that 150cc is legitimately difficult.

One thing again that only Mario Kart DS seemed to get right was the Vs. customization, it's gone in this one again, want to do tracks in the order you want? Too bad, play time trials or online, or play 1 individual cup. Minor factor though, but it was nice to have on Mario Kart DS. Why don't they make Vs. good again?

All in all, Mario Kart 7 was, and is fantastic, I'd highly recommend it. I actually closely rank it to the next game on this list, but it just can't beat the next game on the list


From what I've seen over the years, and from when I've talked to people about it, I'd say Double Dash and Mario Kart 64 go neck and neck when it comes to people's favourites. So what's it going to be on my list? No one really knows yet, it's even playing grounds until you click that next spoiler!

#2
Spoiler


Question answered? Well read both parts and see what I ahve to say aobut the final 2.

Yes, Mario Kart 64 is not my favourite Mario Kart game, however, it ranks highly among the rest. It's such a superb game, but it just can't be #1.

Mario Kart 64! Where can I start with this one? This game can widely be considered to many as the Classic Mario kart itself, mostly due to the fact that the series picked up more on the N64. Personally I consider both Super Mario Kart, and Mario Kart 64 to be the classics of their Genre, while I played Super Mario Kart first, I find them both to be wildly original in their own way. I know I may just be judging the two mostly by graphical comparison, but it is quite a change. Controls are still quite similar to Super Mario Kart in a way. It just seems like an entirely new start almost into the series. Maybe it's just me? Yeah probably, Yes they are part of the same series, my point is they are both classics to me.

Mario Kart 64 put a lot of us in Awe at the time I'm sure Mario Racing in 3d? Amazing, on a good installment to the franchise too? Just beautiful. I believe the first time I played Mario Kart 64 was when it first came out, shortly after we got our N64. If I had to clock it down to the year, 1998? It may have been 1997 it was released, but whatever, we got our N64 in 1998, and rented Mario Kart 64 before anything else if I remember right. Yeah, yeah, I know, nostalgic sway on this one, but whatever. Telling a story here. Keep in mind, I hadn't played Mario 64, so this is the first time I saw Mario in 3d! (yeah, I know the racers in 64 still technically were panning 2d images. I couldn't tell the difference then). Really though, how skilled is a 3 or 4 year old at games? It didn't matter to me though, I could tell then it was an improvement, and leave it to a 3 or 4 year old to focus on the graphics, it was amazing.

Personal stories and nostalgia aside. I truly rank this second on my list. The levels were fantastic, and all weren't flat for once, and I'm sure there is no need to say, holy crap! Rainbow Road. If memory serves, Special cup was the first we played on GP.

The level design of this game is really quite good for it's time, and the closest I could say to a remotely mediocre level that it had was Luigi Circuit, but even that is a fantastic level to me, no freaking doubt! Personally, I think Yoshi's Valley was my favourite. At the time I had no idea the question mark positioning was limitations of the N64, I just thought it was the quirkiness of the level, and I liked it.

Another Big one for me was Battle mode, which I think I played a lot more of, my second oldest brother never really was much of a racing fan, so in Super Mario Kart, and Mario Kart 64, it was mostly Battle mode for us. Our all time favourite was Block fort, and one big reason why is we would make a rule that we would almost play a "floor is lava type of game" where we weren't allowed to attack each other, and instead had to fire all the green shells we could find down to the lowest level. We'd then try to physically knock each other down to the floor below since it basically meant death with Green shells flying all over the place down there. Come to think of it now, it's still a version of battle mode that I'd love to play today (yay child imagination!). Another reason I ask why green shells have to explode on simply 3 hits against walls today? I always loved the idea of making levels more dangerous by getting more and more green shells. Rainbow Road is a good example of a race track that it worked on too.

I'm going on and on, but there really is a lot good to say about this game, I loved all battle tracks frankly, except big donut. Was kind of meh.

One complaint I do have, and I don't really think it's legitimate, is the limitations that brought the game down. What's the best way to play a mario kart game? with 4 people of course. What's it do to compensate for 4 human players? Removes the music, and the AI... Not a huge deal but still. Kind of wish 4 player grand prix was possible or battle mode with AI (although AI probably wouldn't play along with the floor is lava :P)

Mario Kart 64, all in all is fantastic. Simply put.


Well, that leaves only one.

The best of the best:
Spoiler


What's that you say? Double kart racers was a gimmick? Sure, a dang fine one though! Besides, just put everyone in their own kart controlling 2 characters, bam! problem solved.

I'm not going to go on here about how it was a close race for first, because it really wasn't. While great, the other games are still miles behind this installment in my honest opinion. The race was really between slots 2-4. It may have taken me year to finally getting around to playing Double Dash, but when I did, I already had felt its greatness. I got it for my thirteenth birthday I think? Not positive, but anyways.

I could not put this game down the first night I got it. My oldest brother has always gotten me the greatest gifts, I mean THPS3, Timesplitters: Future Perfect, and then this? Just to name a few. He played it with me the whole first night as well.

The first thing I remember doing after a regular GP was unlocking the Special cup (something 64 left out for some reason, unlocking it that is). I missed dinner for this game (gift was a day late), but whatever, it was worth it.

Just leaving stories short this time :P

First off the Double gimmick, personally, I liked it, it let you throw in a new element of different weight class cars, special attacks for each duo, and dare I say an actual realistic approach in a way (yeah, I know, Mario Kart, not very realistic). I'm talking about how the person on the back of the car physically throw all items, that was just so cool to me. Made a lot more sense than it just shooting out of your car, I mean, what is that?

As for the handling with two people itself, it felt a lot different, but in a good way. It seemed like it took a lot more skill to me personally, because it was a lot easier to fall off in areas without knowing how. The only area that comes to mind that still gives me trouble is the narrow bridge in Dino Dino Jungle (when you get the choice of 3 bridges). I know Rainbow Road gives a lot of people trouble, and I know when playing with friends, they all fall off a minimum of 3 times. I personally never got it. They think I'm crazy for never falling off unless hit by something at the wrong moment. I tell them to just learn the control. That is a factor for me, the control is the best in the series in my opinion, it works so well and blends the drifting perfectly into it.

As for the track design. None better, yeah I know, Baby Park, what is that? I'll tell you if you stop playing the crummy DS incarnation of it. Baby park was meant to be a chaotic small level with 7 laps, and I like it. I know that may contradict what I said about Mario Kart wii being too chaotic, but when playing with friends, you want the chaos for a change, and this is the good kind of chaos if that makes any sense. Not Pow blocks or anything stupid. The bots just don't get how to play this level either so that doesn't factor in much. Two of the best levels in the game, heck, in the entire series lay in this game. Wario Colosseum, and Rainbow Road. Every new installment of Mario Kart I wonder why Wario Colosseum is never included in the retro cup, and now that a Rainbow road's are being included in the retro cup, why not include the Gamecube Rainbow Road? I'm waiting Nintendo, they better be in the next game... please.

Just look at these levels and understand their awesomeness:




I may explain more on these two levels in a later, thread, we'll see. I'm sure they need no explanation though.

I know how I said DS had the best way of just playing tracks in a vs. style, and it does, however there is a close second. Another feature I wish they had in all the games. The All-track cup. What this is, is a fifth unlockable GP cup that allows you to play all 16 of the games track in an almost random order (always starts with Luigi Circuit, and ends with Rainbow Road. Nice touch actually).

Battle mode tracks are the low point in this game, they all are kind of just okay with the exception of Luigi's Mansion of course. I don't know how they thought Block city was in any way a good successor to Block Fort, because it isn't. Battle mode is still fun of course, but the best way to play it is with Bob-omb blast, a great game mode that I also wonder why it didn't make a return... Basically all the items are bob-ombs. Sound great? It is, bob-omb barage all your friends, just amazing. First to get 4 hits wins, if you get hit with a point, someone steals your point, simple concept, very fun. Right type of chaos again.

That's all I really have to say on Double Dash. It wins out of all the Mario Karts in my opinion, and deserves more attention.


That's it for this top 7 folks. Expect more on something else at a later date, feel free to comment.
__________________

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 10-21-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Cam3ron36@NFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter
 
Cam3ron36@NFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,987

My Mood: Gaming
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 110
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of


Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Bump!

Yeah, hasn't been that long at all, but figured I'd ask. I know these things aren't likely to get a whole lot of comments, yet they get views.

I'm just wanting to know, do you guys want me to continue some Top Ten lists and such? I probably will regardless, but I'd just like to get some feedback. Thanks guys. Let me know.
__________________
Cam3ron36@NFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom
 
SuperGamecube64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,389

My Mood: Woot
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 193
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I agree with this list. I would like you to do more, but was this really worthy of a 2 parter? There isn't much here, and I feel it could have gone under a single article.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter
 
Cam3ron36@NFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,987

My Mood: Gaming
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 110
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of


Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
The reason for the two parter is really my eyes. I don't know what's up lately. I think my eyes have improved from not wearing glasses/contacts so much (yes, it's possible). Because of this, my prescription is too strong, causing my eyes to hurt after a while of wearing them. Didn't figure out until yesterday that this was the problem. But I had to stop my original thread at 4 from my eyes hurting.

Hopefully, I'm thinking if I just don't wear my glasses during the making of the list, should be fine to do it all in one part.

But yeah, that was the reason for the two parter. There was no way I could have finished it in one thread that day.
__________________
Cam3ron36@NFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom
 
SuperGamecube64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,389

My Mood: Woot
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 193
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36@NFF View Post
The reason for the two parter is really my eyes. I don't know what's up lately. I think my eyes have improved from not wearing glasses/contacts so much (yes, it's possible). Because of this, my prescription is too strong, causing my eyes to hurt after a while of wearing them. Didn't figure out until yesterday that this was the problem. But I had to stop my original thread at 4 from my eyes hurting.

Hopefully, I'm thinking if I just don't wear my glasses during the making of the list, should be fine to do it all in one part.

But yeah, that was the reason for the two parter. There was no way I could have finished it in one thread that day.
Perhaps you should type in Microsoft Word instead.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto
 
Konata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stoke, England
Posts: 7,709

My Mood: Inspired
Thanks: 53
Thanked 96 Times in 67 Posts
Rep Power: 232
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Yeah you should do more. Gonna be honest, I didn't read the part about MK7 since I wasn't really interested, but I do love some DD text.

Also, I called it. And so did a lot of other people.
__________________

My little sister can't be this non-existent


Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom
 
SuperGamecube64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,389

My Mood: Woot
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 193
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I'd like to add that Double Dash has the most realistic physics, both with he characters and the kart chasis, of any kart racer I've played.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter
 
Cam3ron36@NFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,987

My Mood: Gaming
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 110
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of


Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Quote:
Perhaps you should type in Microsoft Word instead.
Perhaps, my only problem with that is that I don't have word believe it or not, but I could probably just use a notepad, so whatever. Probably a good plan, would like to slash the revisions and such though, this is just meant to be a spur of the moment thing one shot writing article. Don't want the hassles of revisions and whatnot, so it may not be perfect.

I didn't expect them to go so long either, I just get carried away when I write, especially when it's about things I like. What did you guys think about the length of the writing and such? I think I'll try to shorten the amount I write in the future, but it aint easy frankly haha. Got a lot to say.

Quote:
Also, I called it. And so did a lot of other people.
Yeah people here did, and I was honestly surprised. Every poll I've seen in the past labelled either 64 or DS as the best mario kart. However, most of my friends now think Double Dash is the best, and you guys thought that, that was my reason for writing it the way I did.

Quote:
I'd like to add that Double Dash has the most realistic physics, both with he characters and the kart chasis, of any kart racer I've played.
Yeah, what I was referring to when I was talking about realism, guess I just never mentioned the word 'physics'. Amazing how realistic functions worked like that in a Mario Kart game, but they did.
__________________
Cam3ron36@NFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom
 
SuperGamecube64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,389

My Mood: Woot
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 193
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Also, you are aware we have an article section, right? Just be sure to notify me, aota, or mario when you submit one, because I don't check often due to the lack of activity in the section.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man
 
Killua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida,USA
Posts: 2,707

My Mood: Spaced
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 94
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Saw double dash coming from a mile away.
__________________
"Please keep me from making more mistakes."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Miller View Post
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cam's Top Mario Kart Games (Part 1) Cam3ron36@NFF General Nintendo Section 7 10-20-2012 08:03 PM
Powerups from other games in Mario Kart gameaddict Mario Kart Wii 1 10-14-2011 09:27 PM
Mario Kart Wii not as good as Mario Kart Double Dash TFWM Mario Kart Wii 6 01-18-2011 02:04 PM
Cam's Blog About Games Cam3ron36@NFF Profiles and Blogs 23 04-15-2010 07:14 PM
Top 5 Mario Games SegaSlayer33 Mario Series 48 07-15-2009 08:25 PM

NFF Youtube Videos NFF Facebook page

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Nintendo Blog

Nintendofanforum.com is a Nintendo fansite and is not associated with or endorsed by Nintendo of America, Inc.
All trademarks and images belong to their respective owners.
Nintendo Wii