Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Forum Games

Notices

Forum Games Here we can play those nonsensical but entertaining thread games aswell as Fiction Role Plays made by our members.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Metroid: Invasion (Role Play)

A while back we had a Zelda RP headed by myself and Glastonbury. It eventually died off, but it went pretty well, so I'd like to give it another go, this time with Metroid.

This RP is not invitation only, BUT you must ask permission from me or someone I have granted the authority to allow you to play. Upon asking, you will be required to submit a character profile as well as an RP sample to me via PM for approval. You don't have to be a 5 star author, but you do need to have a good grasp of the English language and a good imagination.

If you have never RPed before, "RP" stands for role play. It's kind of like writing a story, except you are collaborating with others.

Just for clarification, this RP take's place after Metroid Prime 3, but before Metroid II.

Some rules:

-Ask permission before joining

-Make sure your character is up to par! Wikitroid has all the information you could possibly need to understand anything.

-Unless you've been granted special permission, only I can control story central "NPCS" (Samus, etc), or any character not your own.

-No text talk, and no script writing. If you don't think you can write decently, this is not for you.

-No "God Modding" This is an RP term for when one player forces another player to perform an action. I may very well have your character killed off if you break this rule. It is ok to interact with other player's characters, but not to make them speak or attack someone, etc. Depending on the situation, it may be ok to cause them to fall, trip, etc (otherwise, the other player may not know your intention and respond incorrectly).

-No Mary Sues or Gary Sues. Your character cannot be invincible, or near perfect.

The Story So Far:

The Galactic Federation has discovered a Space Pirate Vessel approximately the size of 3 planets. It is unknowns what kind of cargo or life forms other than he pirates may be on board. It is the federation's intention to take this vessel down, but they are afraid to send in the Galactic Federation Marine Corps at this point. Instead, they have hired multiple bounty hunters including Samus Aran to investigate.

SO, I don't know when we will start this up, but you are free in the meantime to question me or to submit character profiles and whatnot for me to review. I will post a character info sheet for you to follow more strictly tomorrow, but feel free to sue your common sense until then.

Player Characters:

Pyryx (SuperGamecube64)

Aliases:
The Walking Blizzard

Species:
Vhozon

Appearance:
Slender and skeletal, like most Vhozon. His exoskeleton is an almost glistening white. Much of his chest and back is a duller white closer to grey. He is about 6 feet tall.

Special Abilities or Equipment:
Vhoscythe (morph-ball type formation), has learned to control the temperature of not only his weapons but areas and things nearby. Fights with a blade formed from ice.

Weaknesses:
Extreme heat, ranged combat

Short Biography:
Pyryx became a bounty hunter several years ago, influenced by the tales of Noxus, a fellow Vhozon and top notch bounty hunter. He had grown tired of life on Vho and wished to travel the galaxies instead while also contributing what he could to criminal justice. He has found his horizons broadened, but like most Vhozon still sees himself as a bit more important due to his races naturally high level of intelligence. He accepted the Galactic Federations mission more for the greater good than himself, but also wishes to meet Samus Aran, who defeated his inspiration Noxus. Pyryx tends to protect others before himself on the battlefield and use his ability to effect the climate to his advantage.

Tony Rhodes (Nintenduendo)

Aliases: The Soldier Without a Cause

Species: Human

Appearance:
Brown hair, green eyes, muscular build

Refurbished Galactic Federation Marine Corps (GFMC) Marine armorsuit, capable of explosive loadouts such as normal missiles. Due to his time as a Marine, Tony is able to utilize contacts normally used by the GFMC.

Weaknesses:
Suit is susceptible to extreme temperatures, hot or cold. Due to the similarties the suit has to a Federation Marine, Tony is a higher target for the Space Pirates.

Short Biography:
Tony Rhodes is an ex-Federation Marine, who first joined the Corps after witnessing a skirmish between the invading Space Pirates and the Marines. The adoration for the Corps soon wore off when reports that the Task Force Herakles was wiped out during a skirmish near the planet Aether. Tension soon broke out between Tony his commanding officer aboard the GFS Valhalla concerning the Aether Incident, and Tony was soon sent to Norion as punishment. There, he and his fellow Marines fought against the Space Pirate attack, and helped famed bounty hunter Samus Aran and the other space hunters put a stop to the attack. Witnessing firsthand the bounty hunter's bravery and independence from the Federation, Tony soon left the Corps to begin his life as a bounty hunter. Alas, his life found little thrills; only a few oddjobs withing the Federation Solar System kept him a steady income. However, Tony chance encounter with a former Marine colleague, who informed him of a massive Space Pirate ship, and that the Federation was hiring hunters to investigate. With new resolve, Tony Rhodes sets out on his biggest job ever.

Xera (Tanis)

Aliases: N/A

Species: Human

Appearance: Red hair, hazel eyes, average height for a woman. She possesses slight heterochromia (right eye is a few shades darker than the other) due to an injury she sustained in the past.

Special Abilities or Equipment: Trained from a young age to be an assassin, she knows how to pinpoint an enemy's weak points and strike to kill. Due to the nature of her profession, she is very nimble and skilled in the art of stealth. She wears an armored suit gifted to her by her employer. While it isn't very reliable at taking damage it does offer some protection. The suit possesses the ability to render Xera invisible to the naked eye, making her undetectable even by most advanced sensors. Two retractable arm blades embedded in her armor make her a formidable foe in close range. She also carries a sniper rifle that shoots a concentrated laser strong enough to pierce armor. Slow, but powerful.

Weaknesses: Her suit cannot withstand a lot of damage or function properly in extreme temperatures. The stealth function needs time to recharge after every use. If she happens to receive damage while cloaked, the invisibility will wear off and leave her vulnerable. Without her cloak, she's usually at a disadvantage in ranged combat.

Short Biography: Xera is employed by a mysterious group of criminals known as "The Organization", headed by a single entity known as "The Boss". The Boss apparently has ties with the Galactic Federation, which keeps its nose out of the Organization's more questionable affairs as long as they do the Federation's dirty work. While they aren't necessarily good guys, they do actively track and fight against the Space Pirates. Xera was specifically chosen by her employer for this mission for her expertise in stealth and espionage. Seeing this as an opportunity to deal a blow to the Space Pirates' operations, she was sent to rendezvous with other bounty hunters aboard the massive ship.

Cerilion (Kyneflaretail)

Aliases:
Blue shadow

race: Jovian

Appearance:
His usual form is that of a Light blue human (much like gandrayda, but male) He stands about 5'11"

Special equipment/abilities:
A pair of bracelets that can produce melee weapons of pure energy, usually a pair of daggers, or short swords. He also has the shape shifting abilities of Gandrayda, able to shift into practically anything, but taking on the weaknesses thereof.

weaknesses:
long range combat, weaknesses of the chosen form.

short bio:
Cerilion became a bounty hunter mainly because he was bored on Jovia XIII, taking it up as a form of sport, but does take it seriously enough to make good money from it. he specializes in stealth and subterfuge, mostly for assassination and reconnaissance missions.

NPCs

Samus Aran -
Samus Aran is a human who has been cybernetically enhanced by the technology of the Chozo, and infused with Chozo DNA(at the time in which this RP takes place, she has no Metroid DNA and has Phazon has been rendered moot). She is one of the galaxies top bounty hunters who was orphaned at the age of 3 on an Earth Colony due to a Space Pirate raid. The Chozo found her, and raised her as their own, infusing her with their own DNA and training her to become as fierce as any real Chozo warrior, if not more so. Samus is head strong and self reliant. She mostly fights with her arm canon and missile systems.

Meta Ridley - A space Pirate leader of an unknown species, Ridley is Samus' winged arch nemesis. Though he is continually defeated, he always returns via his advanced regenerative abilities and cybernetic enhancements. His current incarnation is known as "Meta Ridley" due to his many robotic parts. It is unknown if he is aboard the vessel.

Meta Kraid - Kraid was an enormous high ranking Space Pirate leader who was killed by Samus in the depths of Brinstar. However, G.FED scans of the vessel seem to show a large biological life form residing in the ships' lower quarters that can only be presumed to be a revived or cybernetically enhanced Kraid.

Weavel - Weavel is a bounty hunter whom is a former Space Pirate special-forces warrior who was converted into a cyborg after his entire body (save his brain and spinal cord) was irreparably damaged in a past battle with Samus Aran. He does a lot of freelance work, but obviously has an affinity for the pirates. The federation attempted to contact him, rather reluctantly, to take part in this mission but could not get in touch. He has a built in arm canon, and can also split into, his bottom half becoming a turret. However, he prefers to battle up close and personal with his energy scythe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs

Last edited by SuperGamecube64; 11-16-2012 at 10:34 PM.
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Not my type of thing. I'm gonna sit this one out.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Count me in.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Here's the character creation form. Please PM the character info to me, don't post it. Upon acceptance it will be edited into the original post and other players will be notified to check it out. Please be as descriptive as possible.

Name:

Aliases:

Species:

Appearance:

Weaknesses:

Short Biography:

RP Sample:

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Quote:
No "God Modding" This is an RP term for when one player forces another player to perform an action. I may very well have your character killed off if you break this rule.

Hmm...Isn't killing off an offender's character kinda God Modding yourself? :/

This one isn't my cup of tea, but it sounds interesting. ^^'

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I did the same thing with the Zelda role play. If people feel it is OK to God Mod others, then they should have no problem God Modding. Can you think of any other way to get rid of the problem while still keeping the story relevant? Think of it like Dungeons and Dragons - I am the DM, and you're in my house playing under my rules.

I'm gonna edit the original post to include some more information. Also Nintenuendo is trying to come up with a character as well. Also, does anyone think maybe RPs are better placed in the stories and writing section or here in forum games?

Quote:

Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Also, does anyone think maybe RPs are better placed in the stories and writing section or here in forum games?
We need a dagnabbit RP section, that's what we need.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

But this is only the second RP ever really attempted here.

I added some more information to the original post, so those interested in joining this should read it again.

Quote:

Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 

Where is this set? Around the Metroid Prime canon, or is it set later in the canon?

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

After Prime 3, before Super Metroid. Still deciding if it is before or after Metroid II.

Quote: