Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Advice

Notices

Advice Have a personal issue, seek advice here

Old 11-10-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
Miggles
Le Migs
Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36

Miggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Xbox Live Gamertag: Miggles92
Question Boyfriend Troubles

I know I haven't even been here for a day yet but I thought I'd make this thread anyway! I need help with what to do about my boyfriend. We have been dating for about 10 months now, so things have definitely become serious and exclusive. I had been a gamer my whole life but he's basically the reason I got back into Nintendo. Anyway! We have been really close, until about a month or so ago. Before, we were completely honest and open about everything; even letting each other go onto our Facebook accounts for whatever reason. But recently, he changed his password. Normally that wouldn't be a problem in a relationship, but the fact that he changed it and won't tell me why seemed a bit... weird. And all of a sudden, he's become really secretive and aggressive lately, and he barely replies to my text messages. (For example, he made me wait for him for an hour at a resturaunt without anything but a text saying "wait till 9. i'm busy."
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to give him space or if I should ask him about it or not. Every time I try to talk about it, he gets really defensive and turns it back onto me, like I have trust issues or that I'm being too 'clingy'. Am I?
Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I think my girlfriend will be of more help here than me, but that does sound slightly suspicious. However, I can say that after dating CrAzYoNzZ for 2 years, things aren't exactly like they were in the first few months. That isn't necessarily bad - this happens in all relationships. If I were you, I'd sit down and have a very serious talk with him about it because there may be more to it than I am guessing. Personally, I am just a very private person, but that doesn't sound like his case,

Check me out on Facebook!
Like action figures? Click here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Brandyn
The Man
Points: 53,441, Level: 100 Points: 53,441, Level: 100 Points: 53,441, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Cool
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
That is pretty suspicious if he just snapped all of a sudden. But it's best to never make assumptions.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Currently Playing:

Super Street fighter IV: AE
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 35,038, Level: 100 Points: 35,038, Level: 100 Points: 35,038, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 
Total Awards: 12

When a guy becomes secretive and aggressive it's usually due to a guilty conscience. He may have done something that he feels guilty about, but doesn't know how to deal with it. He's getting frustrated because of this, and so starts to hide things even if it's not of the same topic, and get's angry/aggressive from even the smallest things. This is the same for him being defensive and turning it on you. If he feels guilty he won't want to talk about it and will try to divert the attention to something you've done, even if you haven't done anything wrong. Saying that you have trust issues and that you're being clingy is a popular one really. This is his attempt to make you believe that's the truth, and that you should stop worrying because it's all in your head. Since he's changed his password it may be possible someone has messaged him and he doesn't want you to see it. It isn't exactly going to be another girl, it could be anything. It might not even be bad but he may think you'll take it the wrong way, which is why he doesn't want you to see it. If I was you, I'd leave it for a bit and act as if everything is fine. Most of the time the guilty party ends up confessing to you after a while. If you're too impatient for that or believe it won't happen, I guess you could try and tell him that you don't mind that he's changed his password, you'd just like to know why so you can understand it. I went through something like this with an ex once, but I ended up finding out what it was myself. Sometimes you have to do some digging of your own if you want the truth.

Or I could be wrong.

Good luck, I hope it's nothing too bad.

Edit; Oh yeah SGC, I doubt a girl would know more about how a guy is acting. That's pretty much the reason Miggles is having to ask herself.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Last edited by Konata; 11-10-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Gareth

Im going to try to keep this short and simple.

You already know in your mind/heart what you need to do/what you think is going on.

Your just hoping for us to either agree with you that you have grounds to break up or assure you that he loves you and nothing is going on.

You've already figured it out.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Miggles
Le Migs
Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36

Miggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Xbox Live Gamertag: Miggles92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
Im going to try to keep this short and simple.

You already know in your mind/heart what you need to do/what you think is going on.

Your just hoping for us to either agree with you that you have grounds to break up or assure you that he loves you and nothing is going on.

You've already figured it out.
Don't be so assuming. I don't think he's cheating on me and I don't want to break up with him over something as trivial as him wanting to keep his personal Facebook account private. I came here to ask if this was normal behaviour and if it isn't, figure out what it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
When a guy becomes secretive and aggressive it's usually due to a guilty conscience. He may have done something that he feels guilty about, but doesn't know how to deal with it. He's getting frustrated because of this, and so starts to hide things even if it's not of the same topic, and get's angry/aggressive from even the smallest things. This is the same for him being defensive and turning it on you. If he feels guilty he won't want to talk about it and will try to divert the attention to something you've done, even if you haven't done anything wrong. Saying that you have trust issues and that you're being clingy is a popular one really. This is his attempt to make you believe that's the truth, and that you should stop worrying because it's all in your head. Since he's changed his password it may be possible someone has messaged him and he doesn't want you to see it. It isn't exactly going to be another girl, it could be anything. It might not even be bad but he may think you'll take it the wrong way, which is why he doesn't want you to see it. If I was you, I'd leave it for a bit and act as if everything is fine. Most of the time the guilty party ends up confessing to you after a while. If you're too impatient for that or believe it won't happen, I guess you could try and tell him that you don't mind that he's changed his password, you'd just like to know why so you can understand it. I went through something like this with an ex once, but I ended up finding out what it was myself. Sometimes you have to do some digging of your own if you want the truth.
Thanks Konata, that actually really helped. The biggest worry I have is whether or not I should be offended about his Facebook password change. It's well within his right to keep his account private, but like you said, anything could be happening, and I suppose that's what I'm nervous about the most. But that happens in every relationship, right? The fear of what happens when you're not around?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I wouldn't say that. I trust my girlfriend to do what she wants (although I don't trust some of the people she decides to do them with). all couples argue. It's part of the deal. If you aren't bitching, you aren't in love. It's when you can't resolve an argument that it becomes a problem - which seems to be the case.

Check me out on Facebook!
Like action figures? Click here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 35,038, Level: 100 Points: 35,038, Level: 100 Points: 35,038, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 
Total Awards: 12

I guess it's okay to worry when you're not with them sometimes. But it's like SGC said; you should be able to trust your boy/girlfriend, and only be worried if you don't particularly trust who they're with. Unless he's suddenly hanging around with another girl more often or something similar to that I wouldn't be too worried. The Facebook thing is probably an overreaction by him, I think.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 980, Level: 16 Points: 980, Level: 16 Points: 980, Level: 16
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
N64Stein
NFF Promoter
Points: 3,199, Level: 34 Points: 3,199, Level: 34 Points: 3,199, Level: 34

My Mood: Gaming
N64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really niceN64Stein is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 1

3DS Friend Code: 5112-4382-9772 PSN ID: N64Stein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA! epic

but on a serious note perhaps give him an ultimatum. For him to tell you the truth or for the relationship to be put on hold till he can be honest