Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Advice

Notices

Advice Have a personal issue, seek advice here

Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Gareth

Next Tattoo

(FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS PART AND GET TO THE ANYHOO!)

So, couldn't find a right place for this thread but heres as good as any. Kinda looking for advice on my next tattoo.

You may or may not know i have two currently, one is the zelda triforce/phoenix on my back. This started as a joke between me and gamecube a year or so ago and when incredibly drunk a tattoo artist said he'd do it free if i got it done there and then.

Second is a memorial to my late daughter Kate on the lower inside of my right arm.

Anyhoo...

For my next tattoo i was thinking a half sleeve to begin with, probably my left arm. Can't think of anything great at the moment & need inspiration. My all time favourite Tattoo is the rocks beastly samoan arm/shoulder piece. Although half the reason its awesome is because it tells the story of his life and his heritage. (Also blatant copying is for fags with no originality)

To be fair, trying to give myself a tattoo with alot of meaning is pointless as i am still young don't have a lot i am completely dedicated too other then games/gym

Thought about a nerdy tattoo. Theres a Mario sleeve i'm really diggin'

I love the pixelation on his chest. Anyhoo i'm a little put off of getting something like this because i rarely even wear geeky tee's in public partly due to shame but then to have something like this permanently skin deep. Yeaahhh >_>

This is also pretty ****in' sweet

Don't want some faggy tribal either everybody and their brother has tribal sleeves.

Last edited by Gareth; 11-13-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Wiidude
One Cool Dude
Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Cool
Wiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Wiidude would adivse against a sleeve down to the wrists. Will bite you in the ass when looking for workage.
Wiidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Yeah, always get tats somewhere easy to cover, many places won't hire you if you have visible ones. As for nerdy tattoos, I like 8-16 bit ones a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
Miggles
Le Migs
Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36

Miggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Xbox Live Gamertag: Miggles92
Wait until you're passionate enough about something to get a tattoo of it.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggles View Post
Wait until you're passionate enough about something to get a tattoo of it.
This, ink is permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,414, Level: 100 Points: 56,414, Level: 100 Points: 56,414, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
My name across your chest.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
Gareth

I would only get tattoos i could cover up anyway, i made this thread looking for ideas not peoples opinions on tattoos. Jesus christ man
Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,016, Level: 100 Points: 52,016, Level: 100 Points: 52,016, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
I wouldn't go tribal, as too many people have them. The 3rd tattoo down is pretty bad ass. And that section of the Mario tattoo with the pixelation is a cool 3D effect.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Mario is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
I like the third one. I kind of want a tattoo like that, but with puzzle pieces instead of ripped skin. x3

Something like this:

I say just go with what you like. If you're worried about it being too nerdy, all it boils down to is if you like it. Society doesn't have to be accepting. Heck, if it wasn't for the job I want, I would have all sorts of weird stuff. :3

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
Gareth

I think i want to find a decent sketch artist, could convey some ideas and they could draw them up.