Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Nintendo 64

Notices

Nintendo 64 Nintendo 64 section post here!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Finally found a suitable upgrade to my N64 controllers :)

Just posting this because I'm quite happy about it, and maybe useful to some other N64 fans out there.

Notice the similarity? Put it next to a psone controller. Same control stick, I kid you not. Slightly smaller on the n64, but this is freaking fantastic! Loving it so far, even put them through several rounds of Mario Party so far to reserve judgement, but no more wear and tear than any other controller (fingers crossed it stays that way). I can't even find google images of these type of controllers, I find ones that have crummy plastic control sticks, but not these ps1/ps2 style ones. Very sturdy controller as well, and nice to use, dare I say nicer than the actual n64 design by far? Loving this local retro games store I found. Probably going to pick up 1 or 2 more of these.

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 11-16-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Cam3ron36@NFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,410, Level: 100 Points: 57,410, Level: 100 Points: 57,410, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I'm not sure it would work with an official N64 controller, though...I might try and see. For example, I make custom Gamecube controllers for people and on that system even all the parts have to be the same brand or their are precautions that make it impossible to work. For example, cannot fit a pelican thumbstick on an official Nintendo controller because the piece that attached to the actual joystick has a different shaped groove.

Check me out on Facebook!
Like action figures? Click here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,352, Level: 77 Points: 14,352, Level: 77 Points: 14,352, Level: 77
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Oh heyyyy I have a couple of those!

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

Quote:
I'm not sure it would work with an official N64 controller, though...I might try and see. For example, I make custom Gamecube controllers for people and on that system even all the parts have to be the same brand or their are precautions that make it impossible to work. For example, cannot fit a pelican thumbstick on an official Nintendo controller because the piece that attached to the actual joystick has a different shaped groove.
Not sure what you mean. They work perfectly fine, and are for N64.

Quote:
Oh heyyyy I have a couple of those!
Aren't they awesome?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,410, Level: 100 Points: 57,410, Level: 100 Points: 57,410, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Oh, so someone is designing these? I thought they were just swapping the control stick form one off a PS1 controller.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 34,784, Level: 100 Points: 34,784, Level: 100 Points: 34,784, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 
Total Awards: 12

These look pretty cool.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Oh, so someone is designing these? I thought they were just swapping the control stick form one off a PS1 controller.
Company called retrobit is officially making em. The control sticks just happen to be similar, although I'm sure the design choice was intentional.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Tastes like pain
Points: 7,809, Level: 59 Points: 7,809, Level: 59 Points: 7,809, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
I need a...different controller. I hate the N64's design. I've seen some that look more like gamecube controllers, I want one that I can hold better without getting confused. xD

Sig by me! I <3 LSP.

If I never wake up from this bed...
You will be the one good thing I did.
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

That's one thing I never got. My one friend complains about it all the time, and hates the console because I quote "I don't have 3 hands". Yeah, it had 3 handles, but whatever. Game designers weren't stupid. Games were designed to use just the right handle, and the center one, or the two outside ones, whatever you preferred. The D-pad & L (because these two buttons are the hard to reach ones when you hold the right, and center handle like me without moving your hand for a moment.) are rarely used, and if it is, it's not in a crucial think on your feet type of moment. At least not in any game I've noticed.

Not going off on you or anything, just saying. Kind of more of a rant to my friend that refuses to play N64 all together based off this.

But crayonz, there is a fairly popular N64 controller out there that is gamecube like. They aren't easy to find though, and aren't cheap though. They look cool though, kind of small, but here:

Called the Hori Mini controller.

These are 50+ bucks when I looked out of curiosity... Out of Japan. xD

I also found this other thing online that lets you plugin your gamecube controllers themselves to an n64. Program all the buttons yourself if needed too. Can't remember where I found that, but they were 30 bucks out of Quebec or something.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36@NFF View Post
That's one thing I never got. My one friend complains about it all the time, and hates the console because I quote "I don't have 3 hands". Yeah, it had 3 handles, but whatever. Game designers weren't stupid. Games were designed to use just the right handle, and the center one, or the two outside ones, whatever you preferred. The D-pad & L (because these two buttons are the hard to reach ones when you hold the right, and center handle like me without moving your hand for a moment.) are rarely used, and if it is, it's not in a crucial think on your feet type of moment. At least not in any game I've noticed.

Not going off on you or anything, just saying. Kind of more of a rant to my friend that refuses to play N64 all together based off this.

But crayonz, there is a fairly popular N64 controller out there that is gamecube like. They aren't easy to find though, and aren't cheap though. They look cool though, kind of small, but here:

Called the Hori Mini controller.

These are 50+ bucks when I looked out of curiosity... Out of Japan. xD

I also found this other thing online that lets you plugin your gamecube controllers themselves to an n64. Program all the buttons yourself if needed too. Can't remember where I found that, but they were 30 bucks out of Quebec or something.
Those appear to be officially licensed, which makes me mad that Nintendo never released them here.

Quote: