Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
The more obscure games of your childhood

I'm pretty sure just about all of us played Pokemon Red/Blue/Gold/Silver or Ocarina of time, or Super Mario 64 or maybe even Final Fantasy VII. But what are the more obscure games that made up your child hood and what are the stories behind how you came o play them in the first place?

I'll start with a Gameboy/Color game that was a duality, much like the Pokemon games, called Dragon Warrior Monsters 2. The 2 versions were Cobi's Journey and Tara's Quest, but much like Pokemon the only difference was certain monsters and such. It played kind of like Pokemon and EarthBound had a baby, and was actually quite difficult if I remember correctly. ME and my cousin spent countless hours playing this game, both alone, and together (both literally and just in the same room playing).

I came to own the game because one Christmas, my uncle gave me 2 Gameboy Games, this being one of them (the other being Megaman Xtreme 2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Elwood Silverstone
Wood
Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19

My Mood: Psychedelic
Elwood Silverstone has a spectacular aura aboutElwood Silverstone has a spectacular aura about

Elwood Silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
Kisashi
Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2

Kisashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Warioland 4, Seriously i remember playing the crap out of that game. It was the first game i got along side my white Gameboy Advance. It was also the first game i ever beat. I can remember every single level of that game. Every boss, almost every detail down to the last pixel. I'm pretty sure i got that game for christmas. Also the christmas i got Banjo and Kazooie.
Kisashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisashi View Post
Warioland 4, Seriously i remember playing the crap out of that game. It was the first game i got along side my white Gameboy Advance. It was also the first game i ever beat. I can remember every single level of that game. Every boss, almost every detail down to the last pixel. I'm pretty sure i got that game for christmas. Also the christmas i got Banjo and Kazooie.
that sounds like a badass Christmas.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,503, Level: 93 Points: 22,503, Level: 93 Points: 22,503, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Legend of Dragoon was probably the most obscure game I can think of, though it's gotten a bit more popular lately

That and maybe Syphon Filter
Old 11-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

So far me and Kisashi are the only ones really sharing any stories or facts about the games. >.>

There was this PS1 game called Fighting Force that the same uncle I mentioned in the first post bought me. I was a really crappy PS1 beat em up, but as a kid I thought it was amazing and beat it like 50 times a week.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
Elwood Silverstone
Wood
Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19

My Mood: Psychedelic
Elwood Silverstone has a spectacular aura aboutElwood Silverstone has a spectacular aura about

Ribbit King was a golf game, but the golf ball was a frog and the golf club was a hammer. The frog would be on a catapult and you would hit it with a hammer to launch it. There were upgrades and a story and everything. My dad and I would play it when I was younger.
Elwood Silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
This is really my territory xD Love these threads.

I'll just go with 2 for now...

SOS on SNES - Game like titanic, no real story to it, other than the start, and several different endings based off how you played and who you saved. You had an hour to escape a sinking ship. You could save just yourself, or get some survivors to come with you. The ship can do so many different things, it can tilt different ways (not too often though), which can effect where you can and can't go, it can break in half (at the half hour mark), then flips a lot more. You can also run into rooms that fill with water, and you have to swim through. Really a neat game, and the ship sinks in an hour, so one playthrough never takes longer than that.

Never ran into someone else that has played this. 2 people I told about it to on another forum ended up trying, loved it... and actually tried to buy my copy of the game off me.

Video (This was actually a video I made long ago) Just me escaping as fast as possible:
Spoiler

Ship takes about 2 minutes into the video to flip over

Top Gear 3000 on SNES - Best racing game I've ever played. On SNES? I know, right? It's that friggin' good. Not too much to say, you race through different galaxies in an arcade style buying upgrades to you car as you go along, and depending on how you race in the game. I happen to have also recorded footage of this game back a few years ago xD

Spoiler

One of the fastest racing games I've played, or fastest anything, Sonic's got nothing on this!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood Silverstone View Post
Ribbit King was a golf game, but the golf ball was a frog and the golf club was a hammer. The frog would be on a catapult and you would hit it with a hammer to launch it. There were upgrades and a story and everything. My dad and I would play it when I was younger.
I have a copy myself, but I don't really play it. I bought it because it was so weird looking and now it;s just part of my collection.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,503, Level: 93 Points: 22,503, Level: 93 Points: 22,503, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
So far me and Kisashi are the only ones really sharing any stories or facts about the games. >.>

There was this PS1 game called Fighting Force that the same uncle I mentioned in the first post bought me. I was a really crappy PS1 beat em up, but as a kid I thought it was amazing and beat it like 50 times a week.
Well I just read the title and was too lazy to read the first post =p

As far as LoD is concerned, I always got stuck in the end of the second disc because the game would always freeze there.

Hell sometimes it felt like the game hated me, because when I played it again on my hacked PSP, it froze in the exact same place