Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Old 11-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Hostess going out of business

Quote:
Twinkies maker Hostess going out of business
PLAY CBS NEWS VIDEO
329 Comments
/9K Shares/388 Tweets/Stumble/EmailMore +
IRVING, TEXAS The maker of the iconic U.S. snack Twinkies said Friday it is going out of business and laying off all of its 18,500 workers after a national strike crippled its operations.

The company, founded in 1930, was fighting battles beyond labor costs. Competition is increasing in the snack space, and Americans are increasingly conscious about healthy eating.

Hostess Brands had warned employees that it would file a motion in U.S. Bankruptcy Court to unwind its business and sell assets if plant operations didn't return to normal levels by Thursday evening.

Play VIDEO
Beloved brands face challenge: Adapt or die out
Hostess posted a statement on a corporate Web site Friday morning, saying "The Company determined on the night of Nov. 15 that an insufficient number of employees had returned to work to enable the restoration of normal operations."

The privately held Texas company filed for protection in January, its second trip through bankruptcy court in less than a decade.

"Many people have worked incredibly long and hard to keep this from happening, but now Hostess Brands has no other alternative than to begin the process of winding down and preparing for the sale of our iconic brands," CEO Gregory F. Rayburn said in a letter to employees.

He added that all employees will eventually lose their jobs, "some sooner than others."

Twinkies maker: Liquidation decision expected Friday
Twinkies maker Hostess Inc. files for bankruptcy
Thousands of members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union went on strike last week after rejecting in September a contract offer that cut wages and benefits. Hostess had already reached a contract agreement with its largest union, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

Hostess has said that production at about a dozen of the company's 33 plants had been seriously affected by the strike. Three plants were closed earlier this week.

The company also said "The wind down means the closure of 33 bakeries, 565 distribution centers, approximately 5,500 delivery routes and 570 bakery outlet stores throughout the United States."

Published reports and social media sites said that news of Hostess' demise had sparked a run on Twinkies and other company products. According to FoxNews.com, hundreds of Twinkie-related items, including unopened boxes and novelty items such as lunchboxes, baseball cards and magnets, were available for sale on eBay Friday.

2012 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
SOURCE - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505143_1...t-of-business/

This sucks, where am I going to get mu DingDongs now?
Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
But...if there are no twinkies, then what will we eat after the Zombies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Wiidude
One Cool Dude
Points: 10,558, Level: 68 Points: 10,558, Level: 68 Points: 10,558, Level: 68
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Cool
Wiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

****ing unions are a disease
Wiidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Elwood Silverstone
Wood
Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19

My Mood: Psychedelic
Elwood Silverstone has a spectacular aura aboutElwood Silverstone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
But...if there are no twinkies, then what will we eat after the Zombies?
Attention nintendofanforum user supergamecube64! It doesn't matter because the world is ending in about a month anyway! This is just more proof that it is!

(don't forget that they will probably sell their brands to other companies)
Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
So, I hate to go all political on this, but....do you people STILL think things are getting better in our country with such a HUGE company going out of business? Because if so, you are a blind sheep following your shepherd off a cliff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Tanis
Zvarri
Points: 6,164, Level: 51 Points: 6,164, Level: 51 Points: 6,164, Level: 51
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Sucks. I've never had a Twinkie before.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Ah.. I never cared for Twinkies anyways. It sucks that the company went out of business. I'll miss the Snowball things.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryuu View Post
Ah.. I never cared for Twinkies anyways. It sucks that the company went out of business. I'll miss the Snowball things.
Agreed, I never really cared much Twinkies myself but Ho-Ho's, Snowballs, and Ding-Dongs? Oh how I'll miss thee
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #9
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
Agreed, I never really cared much Twinkies myself but Ho-Ho's, Snowballs, and Ding-Dongs? Oh how I'll miss thee
Ho-Ho's were great. My great grandpa used to always give me one after elementary school when I lived with my grandparents. RIP Hostess.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
So this will be the cause of 2012 Apocolypse.

But I'm sure they will just sell the recipes to other companies.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote