Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo DS Reviews

Notices

Nintendo DS Reviews Section for all Nintendo DS and DSI Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness and Time
Published by smashfan120
08-23-2008
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%

This review is for both pokemon Mystery Dungeon Games.

Introduction
For years you've captured, traded and battled with them; now it's time once again to become a Pokémon yourself! Join a guild and prepare for adventure as you return to a fantastic land untouched by humans. Hundreds of Pokémon, randomly-generated dungeons, and online compatibility enhance strategic exploration and battles. Head out to explore long-lost dungeons, or hunt down criminal Pokémon - the choice is yours in this epic game.This game is a sequel to the first two Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game (Team red and Team Blue) for the gameboy and ds.It all starts in a stormy night while your character gets seperated from his pokemon partner.After is the test which deciedes your pokemon character which you will use and your partner.The character depends on how you answer the questions.They range from Bulbasuar,Charmander,Squirtle,Pikachu,Meowth,Chikor ita,Cyndaquil,
Totodile,Treeko,Torchic,Mudkip,Skitty,Turtwig,Chim char,Piplup,
and the lovable Munchlax (munch munch) which is a total of 16.Your partner cannot be the same type for example torchic and chimchar.The good news is yo can later recruit them not like in the first two games.

After that your amazing and thrilling adventure as a Pokemon Explorer begins.

Its basically like the first but with a better storyline.heres is also Wifi so that your team can prove themselves by rescuing others who have died.
They still have Treasure Town where you can buy/sell items,deposit/withdraw money,link moves,and train in special mazes.Another new feature is that your team joins guild with other explorers run by none other than the tough,cute,singing Wigllytuff.You also recieve eggs sometimes after a mission is complete.All you do is give it to Chansey to hold it for a few days and it hatches.After your character gets use to being a pokemon he gets the ability to recieve visions from the future past and present.

Wigllytuff Guild
Here you may accept missions or acccept bouny hunting missions in which you search for a criminal.

Your house on Sharpedo Bluff

The Storage and the bank

Graphics
The graphics are the same as all other DS games nothing thats very special but the way dungeons look in the little scenes will wow you.The dungeon graphics are also good.

Concept
The only objective of the game is to resue others and capture criminals.Besides that all there is to do is follow the storyline and recruit all legendaries.Its still good because the storyline continues even after you finish the game.

Ratings

Graphics 8/10
The graphics arent bad but they arent perfect either.Its still very good.All pokemons look exactly like the other games which is a good thing.Its nothing special but its still impressive.

Stroyline10/10
Its basically like a rescue center where you set out to help others.Its really fun and entertaining.There are many suprises amd thrills that shock you.Trust me this game will entertain you.

Controls/Gameplay 9/10
The controls are simple which is how I like it.Simply hold while walking to run,a to attack,and just tap b and screen will appear which lets you choose regular moves such as thunder,surf, and many other moves.I like the way all dungeons are different and no floors are the same because they always change which makes it better so that its not as easy it looks.

Music/Sound 9.5/10
The music is really good and there are different songs that fit each dungeon perfectly.They are also catchy.I remember when I first started as soon as I heard the Town theme I started humming along to it lol.

Overall 9/10
In overall a pretty game and I recommend this game to players that like long storyline games and exciting adventures.
Published by
Sir Smash
smashfan120 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making
Send a message via AIM to smashfan120
Sponsored Links
By Lukario on 08-23-2008, 12:07 AM
This game looks pretty dumb, if you ask me. It certainly isn't worth the buy unless you really liked the first one.

The new features you discussed did look interesting, though.

Lukario
By smashfan120 on 08-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Its cuz I posted it wihout finishing.I just edited all know.
By Lukario on 08-23-2008, 12:41 AM
The review looks a lot better now. Good work.

Lukario
By Skreamo on 08-23-2008, 06:52 AM
i had this game (Time Version) i took it back 4 days after i bought it. It bore me to the max -_-
By Mario on 08-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Good Review Smashfan!
By smashfan120 on 09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Thx Mario.
By Zero on 09-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Zero finds the Mystery Dungeon games & series pretty interesting. The new games were on sale nearly half off at Radio Shack this past weekend. Hopefully they still are on Friday.

Nice wrap-up by the way.
By marvman3 on 09-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Cool

Nice.

Am not into Pokemon games, wont be anytime soon.

But your reviews are always easy on the eyes,
and interesting to read.

You have a certain layout style which is good.

Rockn.
By smashfan120 on 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Wow glad you like it Marvman.
Comment