Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
Zelda09
Princess of Hyrule
Points: 1,479, Level: 21 Points: 1,479, Level: 21 Points: 1,479, Level: 21

My Mood: Cheeky
Zelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Super Member Princess Award 
Total Awards: 2

Chills, Thrills, or Just Dope Head Pills?

*Clears her throat* Apologies, ladies and gents, it's been a while since I've done something like this. Shall we hope it's like jumping on a bike again? Yes'm we shall.

It think it's safe to say that we've all been there.

That eerie whistle in the wind.
The feeling that you're being watched.
When the sounds of footsteps follow you home.
Just to name a few. I believe you get the feelings that I'm talking about.

It's Christmas time. The smell of pine lined the streets. Cookies, pies, candies, other treats filling just as Jack Frost chilled the air. People rushing store to store searching for that perfect last minute gift.
As the sun set on that brisk December evening a line of traffic lined the great Silver Bridge that connect the Ohio Valleys and West Virginian mountains with the mighty Ohio River roaring beneath. The people humming along to the carols on the radio. Some possibly irritated by the traffic. Blissfully unaware of what was about to happen...
The steal of the bridge cried out as it reached its limit. The screech faded to silence briefly just as the beam gave way. Forcing the weight of the bridge onto the south side chain. It snapped.
In under a minute it was over. Forty six lives was claimed in the murky water. Two of which was never found. Many claim they fell prey to the catfish that inhabited the river. Search party members never spoke of the things they seen while bringing those passed from their watery graves. Rumors say catfish large enough to swallow a small car. Or was it something else?...

Words travel through the grape vine. They get changed just like in a game of telephone. Legends and tales get passed generation to generation. One thing I know for certain is... Before my great grandmother Annie passed away several years ago, she was there. She was on the bridge moments before the bridge had collapsed. She refused to talk about the incident that night. Did she see something?

A legend lives in the river valley. Tales of a monster. Stories of a misinterpreted protector. No, not the legendary car eating catfish. Try bigger.

The Mothman.

Rumor has it:
Quote:
According to eyewitness accounts, Mothman stood much taller than an average man, at 7 feet tall, perhaps 8 feet. Its most prominent features were the massive wings spanning 10 feet across. Some accounts stated that small patches of feathers were spotted on the body and wings, some said the wings were featherless. Even more unusual were the huge, red, glowing eyes on the generally featureless face. Some eyewitnesses were unable to recall seeing a head; these reports stated the eyes were actually in the shoulder area where a neck and head "should" be. Few, if any, could remember details about the presence or type of feet the creature possessed.
Eyewitnesses alleged that Mothman could fly without flapping its wings, and could match the speed of an automobile trying to flee at 100 miles an hour. The creature never seemed to flap its wings when rising from the ground -- it evidently was able to rise and float above the earth's surface with little or no effort, not making any sound or noise.
Some people believe the Mothman was a bad omen. Being the cause of several supernatural happenings around the time. Including the collapse of the Silver Bridge. Other believe that he was sent as a warning. A guardian angel so to speak. Whatever he is... he's unlike something we as humans have never seen.

There have been several documented "official" sightings of the Mothman. But I'll save those stories for another rainy day, kids.

So, now that story time is over. Do you believe? Not just anything particular. Ghost, aliens, monsters, etc.

But most of importantly what's rumored to lurk in your local woods? What goes bump in the middle of your nights? What's your local legends and spooks? Because I have a few more to mention in later posts. Ones that are more personal.
Zelda09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
**** YES SOMEONE ELSE WHO LOVES CRYPTIDS. Mothman has always been an interesting one.

Editing this in cus I just remembered it. About an hour from here is a bridge known as the bunnyman bridge. It is claimed that there was an insane asylum in the town, and a murderer escaped it. HE hung the carcases of rabbits from the bridge so that when people drove under, the blood would obscure their view, and they would stop, then he would kill them. Some people claim he wore a bunny suit, but I find that part to be ludicrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs

Last edited by SuperGamecube64; 11-23-2012 at 03:16 AM.
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:22 AM   #3
Zelda09
Princess of Hyrule
Points: 1,479, Level: 21 Points: 1,479, Level: 21 Points: 1,479, Level: 21

My Mood: Cheeky
Zelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to beholdZelda09 is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Super Member Princess Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
**** YES SOMEONE ELSE WHO LOVES CRYPTIDS. Mothman has always been an interesting one.

Editing this in cus I just remembered it. About an hour from here is a bridge known as the bunnyman bridge. It is claimed that there was an insane asylum in the town, and a murderer escaped it. HE hung the carcases of rabbits from the bridge so that when people drove under, the blood would obscure their view, and they would stop, then he would kill them. Some people claim he wore a bunny suit, but I find that part to be ludicrous.
I love freaky things like this! A good scare once in a while is healthy. Or so I'd like to think. lol

*Shudders* Regardless if he wore the suit or not that's just creepy. I live pretty close to Athens, Ohio. It's supposed to be like #13 on the most haunted place on Earth. Soooooo many stories I can tell about that place. I have several friends who attend collage there. I'll save them for later for an epicly long post here once it picks up. ^.^
Zelda09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,130, Level: 100 Points: 59,130, Level: 100 Points: 59,130, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
I live basically across the street from an insane asylum that was abandoned about ten years ago. The city hasn't torn it down yet, and they left it as is. God knows what's in there, as there are rumors from it being the hiding place of hobos and killers, to ghosts, etc. People around here like to sneak in and explore it (especially around Halloween). My friends want to take me in there to explore though.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,968, Level: 50 Points: 5,968, Level: 50 Points: 5,968, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
I love cryptids and urban legend type things. It's a lot of fun looking them and reading about them.

My city doesn't have that much well known things, more so local stuff. However, we do have the Read House which has a few urban legends about it. The house was built in the middle of 1800's and was used as a Civil War hospital for Union troops. One legend has it that a Union soldier solicited a prostitute but never paid the fee. When she demanded her money, he murdered her in room 1847.

Another story is that a woman and her lover took residence in the house in 1930, but he fell in love with another woman and caused her to die of a broken heart.

My favorite cryptid has to be the Jersey Devil. Urban legends wise, I love Japanese urban legends. The majority of them end in death by anyone who encounters/sees it or interacts with it.. For Western urban legends, I think Polybius is kind of interesting, which is about an arcade game released in the 80's that supposedly makes the player go insane.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Hooligan
Points: 430, Level: 8 Points: 430, Level: 8 Points: 430, Level: 8

Hooligan will become famous soon enoughHooligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post

Your from that part of VA huh? I grew up in Burke for 21 years and my friends and I would walk for miles trying to find that asylum or any signs of it but never did.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Your from that part of VA huh? I grew up in Burke for 21 years and my friends and I would walk for miles trying to find that asylum or any signs of it but never did.
Yeah, it's one of those things that it's kind of hard for some people to believe. I personally find it more believable than many urban legends, especially since people actually call it "bunny man bridge". Who knows? Maybe he wasn't from an asylum, and was just a serial killer.

and yeah, I live in Emporia (it sucks here).

And since gameboy brought up ghosts, I kind of have my own theory on them. I don't believe they are spirits of the deceased. I think they are different beings from us entirely and live in a different dimension. Certain areas are "closer to" that dimension, which makes sense with places such as graveyards as many religions see death as passage to another realm. Now, you're probably going to argue "yes, you die and go to the dimension where the ghosts are", but that's not how I see it. I personally believe in Heaven and Hell. I don't think we can properly perceive ghosts with our senses, and so they come off as apparitions and such.

EXTREMELY RELIGIOUS SHIT BELLOW

I will tell another theory though, that does contradict that and suggests that ghosts are the spirits of the dead. I stated before that I believe in Heaven and Hell. However, I don't believe you go straight there when you die. In fact, I don't believe you go to Heaven in the conventional sense at all. The Bible is pretty clear that no man who has been on this earth, save for Jesus, can enter into Heaven. It also says "the meek shall inherit the Earth" and in the book of Revelations it states that after the war of Armageddon the Earth will be made new, and be 100% at peace. It also states that the children of the Lord will return to rule beside their King. So from a religious standpoint, there's always the chance that ghosts are simply the "saved" waiting for Armageddon. That is greatly contradicted by the fact that 9/10 ghosts are murderers or something, though

Just thought I'd throw these theories out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
legends, monster, scary, spooky, urban