Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Stories and Creative Writing

Notices

Stories and Creative Writing Show off all your Creative Writing and Stories.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Luigi's Cosmic Memory: Treason in the Mushroom Kingdom

So, this started a long time ago when someone wanted me to write a prologue for a custom Mario level. I decided recently, to fix up what I had written a bit and add to, so I will be turning it into a full fledged fan fiction. Enjoy!

Prologue
Torches lined the stone hallway, illuminating the darkness with their flickering, dancing flames. A figure ran down the corridor swiftly, huffing as he moved his legs as fast as he could without running out of his brown shoes. He wore a white cap and a white shirt, covered by green overalls, a bushy mustache on his lip and an “L” displayed on his cap. This of course, was Luigi Mario. He dashed forward and slid underneath a slowly closing wooden arch door. He let out a sigh of relief as the door closed just as he cleared it. Looking ahead he saw his enemy – or at least his backside. Faced by numerous spikes protruding a green shell, and a yellow lizard tail swishing back and forth, he knew already he was about to face Bowser, the Koopa King. Slowly starting up one of his infamous chuckles, Bowser turned to face him.

“So, we meet again Mario!” he snarled, “You’re not Mario? Who are you little man? Bah! I’ll roast you anyway!”

Clenching his fists Luigi’s face grew angered, his mustache twitching. “I’m-a Luigi….number one!” he said.

They stood in a circular room, a steel floor beneath them. Lava boiled beneath the floor, visible through the crisscrossing bars of steel they stood on.

“Did I ask who you were?!” Bowser growled breathing a line of fire at Luigi.

“Actually, Bowser, you did!” Luigi retorted as he retaliated in his thick Italian accent along with a green fireball that burst as it made contact with Bowser, causing the koopa king to stumble backwards a bit. He charged towards his enemy as he stumbled, and leaped into the air, several feet higher than the average person could jump.

Bowser recovered, spotting Luigi coming down above him. With a laugh and a growl, he grabbed the leaping hero by the ankle, and slammed him into the floor, still holding firm to him.

Luigi’s vision was dizzied, unable to focus on anything as he lay on the floor.

Bowser’s grip tightened around Luigi’s ankle as he began to lift him back into the air, but with a loud “GRAH!” released him. His vision finally returning to him, he saw a fuzzy image of brother standing in front of him, having just kicked Bowser in the face, saving Luigi. His brother, Mario, was a good head shorter than Luigi, having an “M” rather than an “L” in his cap, but still dressed similarly, albeit in red overalls. Mario looked over his shoulder with a faint grin and gave his brother a thumbs up with his gloved hand.

The two brothers loved one another dearly, and yet, like most brothers, there was always a rivalry there, albeit a bit larger in scale than most. Nevertheless, they often worked together and made a great team. As Bowser staggered back to his feet, Mario made a dash for a rather obvious red button on the far side of the room. Giving it a good stomp, the floor began to recede into the walls, As Bowser balanced himself on one leg, about to tumble into the boiling magma beneath him, Luigi leapt again into the air, this time pushing off of Bowser’s skull, propelling himself through an open door, just as his brother ran in after him, and sending the Koopa King plummeting into his own trap.

In the room they had just entered was a set of stone stairs leading up to a cage suspended above more lava. Inside the cage was Princess Peach Toadstool, wearing her elegant pink dress, her long blond hair still primped and proper despite all the time spent as a prisoner. She was quite accustomed to being rescued by the brothers, and jumped a bit as they entered, and smiled, awaiting her release. Luigi was the clumsier of the two brothers and rarely saw an opportunity to either face Bowser, let alone see the princess rescued. He usually got himself hurt along the way, or had a side job to take care of. Not knowing many of Bowser’s ways and mechanisms, he spotted a blue switch on the ground nearby. Well, there’s a princess in a cage, and a button. Surely the button with open her prison, wouldn’t it? This is exactly what went through Luigi’s mind and so he stomped on the blue button. Mario jumped, and looked at Luigi with fire in his eyes, and with a gasp, the princess reached forward though an opening in the cage before it plummeted into the depths of the lava with a sizzle as the black smoke rose.

Quickly changing from angered to sorrowful, Mario fell to his knees as his eyes welled. Luigi was shocked, and unable to even fathom what had just occurred. His eyes wide, and his jaw open, he stood staring at his sobbing brother. In fact, he bore the same expression two days later as he stood in the castle court, a small brown toad seated before him. This was Toadsworth. Toadsworth held much power in the Mushroom Kingdom, and also held the princess dear to his heart. With a tear in his eye, he banished Luigi from the kingdom.

Luigi woke in a heavy sweat, gasping for breath having just had a dream, or a nightmare rather. He recalled all of these events and more. On top of having lived in his brother’s shadow practically his entire life, he was now responsible for the death of his Princess, who was more importantly than his ruler, his friend.

Dressed in soft, green pajamas with a matching sleeping cap, Luigi yawned as he stepped bare foot out of his bed and set his feet on his wooden floor. It was raining outside, the thunder rolling and the droplets of rain tapping at his bedroom window. With a subsequent yawn, he exited his bedroom and made way for his small kitchen. He opened a creaky cabinet and took out a small bottle, capped with a rather cute cork in the shape of a mushroom. Inside was a transparent, purple liquid. It was a sleep aid derived from a poison mushroom-the stuff that would make you ill on its own, of course. Looking inside the container, there wasn’t a whole lot left in the bottle, and with a shrug, Luigi chugged the whole thing, unknowingly overdosing by about four tablespoons in his half sleeping state. Woozily he made his way back to his bed, eyes half shut. And with half a yawn that morphed into a snore, he fell onto his bed, asleep.

Standing in the corner of his room was a faint, transparent Princess Peach, sill clothed in an elegant dress even in death. She floated slightly above the floor over to the sleeping Mario Bros. bedside. “Oh, Luigi…” she sighed, “There was so much more to this situation, and you’ll never know…unless….” She pondered, a hand on her ghostly chin. She held out a palm, just over his head using her otherworldly powers to manipulate his mind and portray the events as they had truly occurred through his dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs

Last edited by SuperGamecube64; 11-24-2012 at 03:08 AM.
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,242, Level: 100 Points: 38,242, Level: 100 Points: 38,242, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Wait.

So was he dreaming about killing her or not.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
His dream was a recollection of her death. She is dead.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

I look forward to this. The premise is wild and I wanna see how this ends.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,980, Level: 100 Points: 58,980, Level: 100 Points: 58,980, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
This puts an interesting new twist on 'uigi.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed it so far. So, tell me after reading this chapter if I should edit and change how Luigi speaks. right now, I'm using lots of "it's-a" and "I'm-a", etc, because that is how he would sound. If that's annoying, I can always get rid of it. I'd really like some feedback on that.

Chapter 1
Peach was able to enter Luigi’s mind with relative ease, and play back to him what had happened through a dream sequence .
Peach was on the balcony outside of her room, watching the birds fly by. It was a gorgeous day, and the temperature was perfect. It wasn’t hot, and it wasn’t cold – just right. After a few moments of reflection, she returned to her posh quarters. As she closed off the balcony she began to hear the screaming of Toads. Valiant though they were, they were far from warriors. Still, they’d die for their kingdom even if they didn’t stand a chance. She rushed out into the hallway where Bowser was stomping towards her, several unconscious toads scattered about the hall.

“Such loyal servants…but so weak. When will you learn? This is why your kingdom will fall.” Bowser criticized.

“My kingdom will never fall to a tyrant like you. Besides, even if you defeated every Toad in this castle, the Mario Bros. would slaughter you without trying.” Peach responded, crossing her arms and standing firm.

“Then why do they yet allow me to live?” Bowser snarled in reply.

“You’re hardly a threat to my kingdom, the brothers take pity on you! Go ahead. Take me away. They’re just going to come for me. Like always.”

Out of witty retorts, and flustered in general, the Koopa King stomped towards the Princess, and snatched her in one arm. She didn’t even struggle – this was routine. He made off with the Mushroom Kingdom’s fair ruler and returned to his lair.

Back in reality, Peach had ceased her grasp on Luigi’s imagination with a sudden gasp, as she looked over her shoulder. With a manic laugh several boos entered Luigi’s room from all 4 corners, swarming the Princess.

“Oh no…Stay strong, Luigi.” She said sweetly as she fled the scene.

Then entered King Boo, the rotund plus size leader of Boos, floating over Luigi with a giant grimace. “The medicine is making his mind easy to manipulate. That is why even she is able to warp his thoughts. Why, even the weakest of Boos could do it in this state!” he stated. “You all have fun with this one! I feel he’s no real threat.” The King laughed as he floated up through the ceiling.

Several Boos formed a circle above his bed, circling it swiftly as they laughed.
In his dream, Luigi was lying in darkness. His eyes opened, and he stood, but on what? There was no ground beneath him, neither was their sky. Nothing but darkness. Suddenly, he began to hear the all too familiar laughter of Boos. He hadn’t heard that irritating giggle since the mansion incident. “Luuuu-iiii-giiii!” they taunted in unison as they appeared behind him. With a scream, Luigi began running. Platforms began to form beneath him as he ran, seemingly flying up from nothingness. The Boos continued to gain on him no matter how fast he ran. Eventually, he hit a wall, and fell onto his back with a thud. He turned over, groggy from the hit, and looked forward at the herd almost reaching him. It was then that he looked up at the Thwomp above him. Thwomps were odd creatures, living blocks of stone lined with rigid, rocky spikes that seems to defy gravity. Before he could even stand the Thwomp fell forcefully and crushed him, the Boos laughing. In a matter of seconds, however, the Boos began to panic, flying about. In reality, the sun was rising and the Boos fled. It was then that Luigi woke up.

He sat up in his single size bed, the knobs on the ends shaped vaguely like mushroom. He sat groggily on the side of his bed, and slowly walked over to his window. It was quite a nice day in Sarasaland. More specifically, he was residing in Birabuto, the same area as its ruler, Princess Daisy. It was a desert region, thought it wasn’t too bad – the inhabitant lives peacefully and water was still fairly plentiful due to a nearby oasis. Luigi got dressed in his usual green attire, and exited his residence still buttoning his overalls. He walked through the desert town, mostly inhabited by Nomadimice, mouse like creatures that wear sheik-like scarfs around most of their bodies. They scurried around conducted business in the morning hours, when it is cool and the sun is not as harsh. Luigi approached Daisy’s castle, which was a stark contrast to Peaches. The bricks were heavily weathered, and there were half broken statues of Chain Chomps at the gates. There were 2 Dyrite’s , desert dwelling Toads who wear turbans, guarding the gate as well.

Luigi had been granted special permission, and walked by them without any trouble. He entered the castles creaky wooden doors, he ascending a flight of stone stairs, and entered another. There sat Daisy on a rather uncomfortable looking throne. She was reading a letter of some sort. The room was pretty barren – just the same stone walls he’d been seeing, but with some windows. It was quite dreary, and more akin to Bowser’s Castle than Peach’s Palace.

“Daisy…” Luigi called, his voice echoing in the cold, stone room.

Daisy looked up from her letter. She wore an orange and yellow dress, and her hair was as orange as the dessert sunset. She had a dark complexion, tanned from the sun. “Luigi…I sent a spy to the Mushroom Kingdom, and things aren’t looking good…” she spoke sadly.

“There must be-a something we can do!” Luigi pleaded with a heavy heart, “Or that you can-a do at least, since I’m-a banished!”

“Luigi, it doesn’t really matter that you’re banished. The Mushroom Kingdom is…well, it’s crumbled.” Daisy replied, closing her eyes in reflection.

Luigi sighed heavily, and walked over to Daisy, sitting next to her throne on the floor with a hand on his face. What was he to do? His Princess was dead, his Kingdom was no more, and the place he had called home for years was in turmoil.

“Have you had any…strange dreams?” Luigi asked curiously.

“Not that are worth speaking of. Why, have you?”

“MhhHmm…It-a started off making sense, but then it-a trailed off…Bowser was-a threatening Peach and…Oh, I don’t guess it matters.”

“Luigi…we all loved Peach. It wasn’t your fault, Ok? Well…It wasn’t…” Daisy became flustered with her own inability to comfort him. “You’ve just gotta take your mind off of it….” She said with a quiver, wiping her eyes.

“I’ve got some things to do. I’m-a gonna take care of ‘em, and then we can try to decide we we’re-a gonna do.” Luigi finished as he got up and began to leave.

“Luigi…” Daisy said with a smack of her tongue as she rested her cheek on her fist.

Quote:

Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

So, this chapter is shorter than what I've been doing, but I just really wanted to update this story. I'll try to write more regularly, we'll see.

Chapter 2

Luigi had just purchased a bottle of the sleep medicine he’d been using. It was getting close to dusk as he walked towards the outskirts of the city, examining the light purple fluid bouncing about in the corked bottle. Surely it must have side effects, he though, but there was no label. Just outside the city there was a sandy tent, weathered but sturdy. It was a fortune teller’s portable hut. Luigi had heard she was in town for a few days, and wanted to stop by. He entered to find it quite cluttered with artifacts as well as junk, with a magikoopa with rather a rather elaborate robe sitting behind a crystal ball. She looked a bit younger than any magikoopa he had seen, and wasn’t wearing their signature glasses either.

“Sit down, green one. Let Cassandra see what troubles you.” She spoke. Her voice was melodic, and high. Bowser’s magikoopas were hags with the laughs of jackals. It was a bit odd to Luigi to see one who was not.

“You are the brother of Mario, are you not?” she asked.

“I’m-a Luigi. Tell me, what do-a you know about the Mushroom Kingdom?” Luigi asked in reply.

“I am afraid what I am about to show you may cause you great stress….” She warned as she worked her hands over the crystal ball, a projection appearing above the table of the Kingdom. It was barren, and broken. “Your attempts to thwart Bowser only delayed the inevitable. The Mushroom Kingdom has fallen without proper hierarchy.”

“But…Bowser fell into the pit! How can-a this happen!” Luigi exclaimed in distress.

“He fell into the pit, but he did not die…his army marched right in after your banishment.”

“B-but Mario! Mario wouldn’t let that-a happen!”

“Mario is but one man. Valiant as he may be, your aid was of more value than the Kingdom’s inhabitants would know. Mario is alive, fret not for him. There is a way to end Bowser, even bring back your Princess.”

She was interrupted by Luigi who grabbed her shoulders and a shook her excitedly. “Please, tell me everything!”

“It will not be easy…”

“I’ll-a do anything!”

“Bowser has been resurrected by his wench of a magikoopa, Kammy. He is like a Dry Bones, however. Bowser Jr. has taken over the kingdom, and distributed each region to one of the Koopalings. I am capable of the same magic which was used to resurrect Bowser, in fact I’m even better at it. Humans are different from Koopas, though – you require much more magic. If you can bring me one of Bowser’s bones, which is imbued with such magic and a personal item of Peach’s it should be enough.”

“But…I can’t go back…I’m-a banished…” Luigi pouted.

“I don’t think that is of relevancy any longer.” Cassandra encouraged him.

“Then its’-a settled. I’ll leave for the Mushroom Kingdom in the morning.” Luigi said as he stood and headed for the exit.

He made it home before it got too late, and after changing into his pajamas, popped the cork on the sleep aid. “I should probably stop-a using this stuff…” he said as he poured it into a spoon. After a single dose, he yawned on the way to his bed. He fell onto it, sleeping deeply almost immediately.

As he slept, Peach’s ghost once again approached him, and placing her hand on his shoulder entered his mind once again. Before he could even begin to receive a revelation, however, she was interrupted by an all too familiar laugh.

“Not this time, you won’t!” bellowed King Boo as he came through the wall chasing her with his tongue almost flying behind him. “I bet you’ll taste delicious!” he taunted as she hoisted her dress and ran.

She finally lost the bumbling king after a couple of miles, ducking behind Daisy’s castle to hide. “It’s a good thing I don’t have lungs, or I’d be out of breath…” she commented. “I’m sorry, Luigi…I only hope the magikoopa’s information was correct…"

Quote:

Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Dang, I almost forgot about this. Can't wait for the next part now, lol.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote