Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:31 AM   #1
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Nintendo in patent soup again, this time itís Hillcrest

Rockville, Maryland-based Hillcrest Laboratories.

a US tech company, has filed a patent infringement lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Maryland against Nintendo alleging that the Wii's motion-sensing controller and software infringes on Hillcrest patents related to the technologies.

In the complaint filed on August 19, 2008, Hillcrest claims that the Nintendoís Wiimote infringes on three of their patents 7,158,118, 7,262,760, and 7,414,611, which relate to a handheld three-dimensional pointing device.

A fourth Hillcrest patent, 7,139,983, which relates to a navigation interface display system that graphically organizes content for display on a television screens is also alleged to have been violated, the company claims.

"While Hillcrest Labs has a great deal of respect for Nintendo and the Wii, Hillcrest Labs believes that Nintendo is in clear violation of its patents and has taken this action to protect its intellectual property rights,Ē the company marked in a statement

Apart from financial damages, the filing seeks a total ban on Wii consoles imported to the U.S.

However, claiming that the company hasnít been served with any lawsuit or action by Hillcrest, Nintendo spokesman Charlie Scibetta declined to comment.

Earlier this year, in another patent infringement lawsuit against Nintendo, a jury in federal court in the Eastern District of Texas awarded Anascape Ltd. of Tyler, Texas, $21 million. The court ruled that Nintendo violated several patents related to its Wii Classic controller. However, Nintendo appealed against the verdict in July.

http://www.themoneytimes.com/article...d-1033741.html

Nintendo keeps getting sued, which isnt good for any Wii owner because the more they get sued the less they have to make games and systems, Etc and they might start raising Repair Prices! (That is Just My opinion)

~Elle~[/center]
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
jax90
Points: 1,056, Level: 17 Points: 1,056, Level: 17 Points: 1,056, Level: 17

My Mood: Goofy
jax90 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

everyone wants a piece of nintendo since the company is hot right now, and will always be.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
Cloud7
Silent Lurker
Points: 4,527, Level: 42 Points: 4,527, Level: 42 Points: 4,527, Level: 42
User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Master Sword

My Mood: Aggressive
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF Radio Award Signature of the Month Sheriff Game Reviewer NFF Artist 
Total Awards: 6

Okay this will help your post!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=195795

Thanks Skreamo for the sig!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #4
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Good thing I already have a Wii and classic controller.

Lukario
Old 08-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
Mike16r
Hidden
Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Golden Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Spaced
Mike16r We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

The Anascape problem was bad enough, but it's worse that Nintendo is getting sued again.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Yeah, They've been sued enough. Give them a break!
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 09-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
ssxxdragonssxx
Points: 175, Level: 3 Points: 175, Level: 3 Points: 175, Level: 3
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

ssxxdragonssxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Nintendo shouldn't get sued again. Come on: all they've been trying to do is bring joy and happiness into the world. So they mess up a couple times. Who cares?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssxxdragonssxx View Post
Nintendo shouldn't get sued again. Come on: all they've been trying to do is bring joy and happiness into the world. So they mess up a couple times. Who cares?
Yeah, And all this stuff has probably been invented before them... But they probably got sued for it so they are suing someone else....
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Closed Thread