Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,276, Level: 100 Points: 57,276, Level: 100 Points: 57,276, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Talking Dan Aykroyd talks about Ghostbusters 3

He's pushing really hard for this to happen and they reportedly have a script, it seems like a matter of just getting the studio to make it happen. However, Bill Murray doesn't seem to be showing interest in reprising his role. Interview from: Popwatch.Ew.com.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/12/06/gh...3-dan-aykroyd/

"Ghostbusters 3 has been in a vague state of development for many years now, and in a fascinating new Esquire interview, franchise costar and chief threequel cheerleader Dan Aykroyd sounds more than a little exhausted at the long process of attempting to bring the horror-comedy franchise back to the big screen. He explains how a long writing process — which included a draft by Office writers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg followed by a rewrite from Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder, Men in Black 3) — has produced “a script that we like.” But he winds up issuing a statement that sounds like a message directed right at Ghostbuster‘s studio, Sony — a warning that he and director-producer Ivan Reitman might be moving on, and taking the franchise with them. Says Aykroyd:
We can’t wait forever. And now’s the time to tell the picture company, and I’d say this quite publicly, it’s time now to sit down and make this movie, or you will lose your main principals, and you won’t be able to make it without us, because we have rights, and now is time to make the movie… You don’t take advantage of that in the next three or four months, I’ll see you in Australia, where we’ll be selling Crystal Head [Akyroyd's vodka brand].
Aykroyd also talks openly about the wavering interest of Bill Murray, and at one point says, “Had Billy chosen to do the Eisenberg/Stupnitsky script of two years ago, it would be out this summer, and it would be a massive hit.” (The two remain friends, and Aykroyd promises that, should Murray decide to rejoin Ghostbusters 3, “he can always come back at any time and be rebuilt into it.”) If nothing else, Aykroyd’s interview is an essential document of the reboot era, and the difficult of bringing a beloved franchise back to life — check it out!"

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe

Last edited by Brandyn; 12-07-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,137, Level: 18 Points: 1,137, Level: 18 Points: 1,137, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Oh jesus.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Wiidude
One Cool Dude
Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Cool
Wiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Wiidude would not see this movie. Should have happened years ago not now.
Wiidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
Oh dear.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,276, Level: 100 Points: 57,276, Level: 100 Points: 57,276, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
In an era full of reboots and remakes, I actually think it would be refreshing to have a sequel to an old franchise. I would much rather them do this than to try to reboot it with a new cast.

Well, if the idea of a new movie doesn't interest you....the 2009 video game is essentially a sequel in itself.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

This is sad becuase it seems like Dan and Harold really want this to happen with the whole group.

I just hope they get something settled soon, with or without Bill.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

I wonder why Murray isn't interested in the project? He voiced the character for the recent video game.