Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Fan Forum > Announcements

Notices

Announcements All the latest announcements regarding the Forum will appear here.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,165, Level: 100 Points: 59,165, Level: 100 Points: 59,165, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Star Man Nintendo Fan Forum Etiquette Thread

Greetings, good users of the forum. I just wanted to take the time to write a friendly PSA about proper NFF etiquette.

-Joke Boundaries-

We prefer to laugh with each other. There are certain boundaries not to be crossed however, and if it is brought to our attention by a member who feels harassed or threatened, we will deal with it accordingly.

-PUI (Posting Under Influence)-

If you are drunk/high, please refrain from logging in and posting until you sober up. Trust me, it just makes you look bad when you post some unintelligible gibberish somewhere. Besides, this is supposed to be a (semi) family friendly site.

-When Words Start Flying-

If you find yourself being insulted or attacked by another member, just click the Report button (if a Mod has not already responded to the situation), That's what it's there for, my friend, and rest assured we see and discuss every single report. Fighting with another member can still get you infracted even if you didn't start it. Besides, as the saying goes, fighting on the Internet is like participating in the Special Olympics...

-Listen to the Mods-

As moderators, we try not to be "Nazis"; NFF's staff is composed of The Internet's Finest of course, but one thing we have always prided ourselves on is being diligent, but at the same time being chill and fair. In other words, if an NFF Mod checks you, you know you dun messed up. Failure to comply results in an Infraction.

-Consider the Demographic-

This goes back into the "know your limits" thing. We have had a considerable influx in female membership lately. I know back in the olden days this place was a complete sausage fest, but that is not the case anymore, gentlemen. Please tone down sexist jokes that cross the line and are offensive. Of course, sexism was never to be tolerated here, but please be extra careful considering that we have had more girl members lately and continue to recieve more. If you think a girl would find it sexually harassing, don't post it.

-Keep Debate Civilized-

Not everyone is going to think like you. That's what makes the world interesting. It's fine to disagree with people, but be respectful whilst doing so. Everyone's opinion counts.

-Chatbox Etiquette-

Mario pretty much covered this one in an announcement this morning but nonetheless, I would like to re-iterate. The Chatbox is not a venue for bullying other members. Mis use results in a ban from the chatbox.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

You don't have to like everybody, but you may not disrespect them anywhere on the forum. If you have something negative to say about a fellow member, don't say it on this site.

-Privacy-

If a member is banned, and you are curious as to why, there is a Ban List available to the public. (Click the Community link, and select Ban List from the drop down menu). The basic reason(s) for the ban are shown. This way, the public can stay informed about these cases and why someone is gone without having to create a thread to ask about it/discuss it (which potentially just drags it out needlessly). The intricate details of the conflict are between those involved in the conflict and Administration. Rest assured no one is getting banned unless they really, really deserve that as their punishment (or are just a spambot).

Please, follow these guidelines to keep NFF the peaceful and pleasant environment that it is. Thank you.

--Brandyn

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe

Last edited by Brandyn; 08-26-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Not everyone is going to think like you. That's what makes the world interesting. It's fine to disagree with people, but be respectful whilst doing so. Everyone's opinion counts.
Great, now I have to go report half the forum. Those meanies.

But seriously, I'm on this.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Wiidude
One Cool Dude
Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Cool
Wiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Wiidude senses some immaturity has come back to NFF. One way to deal with that.
Wiidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,165, Level: 100 Points: 59,165, Level: 100 Points: 59,165, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Eh, the last week has just been a bit of a mess. All of a sudden things just sort of exploded but it's good now. I just thought I'd write a friendly reminder.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
FrozenPhoenix96
Show me your power!!
Points: 1,804, Level: 25 Points: 1,804, Level: 25 Points: 1,804, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x SNES Controller
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Chao

FrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Welcome Wagon 

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenPhoenix96
Quote:

Please refrain from posting while mentally incapacitated

If you are drunk/high, please refrain from logging in and posting until you sober up/are back in your right mind. Trust me, it just makes you look bad when you post some unintelligible gibberish somewhere.
You really needed to mention this? >.<
Lol.

3DS FC: 4656-6673-5632
FrozenPhoenix96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

It wasn't just you, Phoenix. Someone else did it too last night.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
FrozenPhoenix96
Show me your power!!
Points: 1,804, Level: 25 Points: 1,804, Level: 25 Points: 1,804, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x SNES Controller
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Chao

FrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura aboutFrozenPhoenix96 has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Welcome Wagon 

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenPhoenix96
Quote:
It wasn't just you, Phoenix. Someone else did it too last night.
o.O
Woah...

3DS FC: 4656-6673-5632
FrozenPhoenix96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
Gareth

Aye aye captain.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Oh yeah I was beyond ****ed up. I apologize. Won't happen again, though I would like to say half the time Im on here high no one would even know.

Anyways my apologies again.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Heh, I wasn't asking you to admit to it Peter that's why I said "Someone else" to try to keep you anonymous, ha. But yeah if you're really out of it please don't post.