Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,373, Level: 100 Points: 58,373, Level: 100 Points: 58,373, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Justice League Slated for 2015

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/justice-league-2015/

"If you thought the back-to-back excitement of "The Avengers" and "The Dark Knight Rises" made this year the best year for superhero movies ever, you ain't seen nothing yet, because it turns out this was just a prelude for yea real year of the superhero: 2015.
That's because The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Warner Bros. is moving forward with plans to release its long awaited "Justice League" movie in 2015 ó the same summer Marvel will be unveiling "The Avengers 2."
Hell yeah!
Like "The Avengers," "Justice League" is a team consisting of some of the world's best known superheroes, including Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, as well as Green Lantern, The Flash and Aquaman.
Unlike "The Avengers," however, which was the culmination of plotlines spread throughout several earlier Marvel films, "Justice League" will likely not be starring any of the previous solo versions of its famous heroes (with the possible exception of "Man of Steel's" Henry Cavill). Instead, Warner Bros. plans to use "Justice League" as a way to launch or re-launch new solo franchises for the DC Comics characters, essentially making it the beginning of a new shared on-screen universe.
Just who will be playing iconic characters like Batman and Wonder Woman is no doubt going to be a source of endless debate over the coming months, but with a script already in the works and a decision on a director expected soon, one thing is for sure: 2015 just became the most anticipated summer for movies ever."

The real kicker here is that Avengers 2 is also coming in the summer of 2015. But reports everywhere are saying Justice League is slated for 2015. After all, did you really think DC was just going to let Marvel get away with the success of the Avengers? Cast is unknown.

So, who would you cast, and which one are you more excited to see/plan on seeing first?

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,454, Level: 94 Points: 23,454, Level: 94 Points: 23,454, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Justice League? Avengers? Star Wars Episode VII?

2015 is looking to be a great year for movies. Hopefully Justice League is just as great as the Avengers is
Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

I'm on the fence about this one. The Avengers was great, because it really tied in all these characters and plots into one movie, but at the same time it was so loose that, even if you hadn't seen Captain America or Thor you could still enjoy the movie.

But the payoff with the Avengers, it seemed to me, was that, if you knew the backstories to these characters by watching their individual movies, it just made it that much better. You just knew everyone, save for Black Widow and Hawkeye, though you could argue that this movie was their sort of origin movie despite both characters playing cameo or side roles in other Marvel movies. I digress....

The Justice League is going to have a harder time with this. I mean, yeah, everyone knows who Supes is, or Bats. Green Lantern too, on some level. But what about Wonder Woman? Or Aquaman? The Flash? Immediately you have to band together all these characters, some of which you have no idea who they are.

Granted, everyone has a general idea who the characters are, in terms of superpowers. But just tossing these characters together by saying, "Oh hey, I'm Aquaman, I control sea life," or "I'm Batmaaaaan", and then building a plot without really getting to know the characters well just seems silly.

But then again, it could be pulled off, just like how the Avengers could work if you hadn't seen any of the movies preceding it.

I guess time will tell if I'll have my foot in my mouth about all this.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,664, Level: 38 Points: 3,664, Level: 38 Points: 3,664, Level: 38
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
DC/WB seems rushing this movie to compete with Marvel's successful the Avengers.

I wish they would make like an individual solo super hero movie (at least) from one last movie in Batman (John Blake/Joseph Gordon Levitt as Batman), Superman (obviously this one with Henry Cavill), a reboot of Green Lantern/the sequel would be better, Wonder Woman & Aquaman as cameos in any of the above since the Aquaman comics aren't so appealing to the fans, and lastly, bring up the movie of the Flash. The Flash TV series in the early 1990s were great.

Last edited by eloratings; 12-11-2012 at 12:43 AM.
eloratings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,373, Level: 100 Points: 58,373, Level: 100 Points: 58,373, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Actually, there are rumors that they will have a different guy to play Superman in this movie than the guy that will be playing him in Man of Steel.

And technically some of the character's do have individual movies; like eloratings said they could get Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Batman (see Dark Knight Rises if you don't understand this), Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern (regardless of the fact that the movie reportedly sucked), and Henry Cavill as Superman.

To be quite honest, does anyone really have an interest in seeing an Aqua Man, Flash, or Wonder Woman individual movie? Okay, maybe Wonder Woman could carry a 2 hour live action feature film but how I kind of doubt Aqua Man and Flash would be interesting to watch in their very own movies for two hours. Plus if they did try to make individual movies at this point, they would be rushed, they would flop, then no one will want to see Justice League. What I think DC should do is use the actors from the most recent versions of the movies they've done and then just be tacful at how they introduce the rest.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

From my understanding, this new DC universe is separate from TDKR. They could include JGL as Batman, but it'll more than likely be as a new Batman disconnected from the continuity of the Bat-Nolanverse.

If I remember correctly, Green Lantern was going to be the first movie in an Avengers-type of movie series, so when it flopped DC had to go back to the drawing board. Now, the movie will more than likely work on whatever Man of Steel is going to build, moreso than Green Lantern; hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't try to reboot Green Lantern after this.

Also note the success DC and The CW have had with Arrow, which directly mirrors the success they had with Smallville. I agree to the fact that no one wants to sit around and watch an Aquaman movie, but it could easily work as a TV show still set in the universe establishing for the JL movie. Marvel's doing nearly the exact same thing with the Avengers, with a TV show based on SHIELD.

But the fact is, you're right; any inidividual movie not already announced will be rushed. But DC already knew this. So they're going balls first into this and seeing how well they can establish the JL universe without introducing all of the characters without an idividual movie or show or whatever.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

I agree that they're really pushing it with a schedule date of 2015 but I guess they feel they have to since that's when Avengers 2 comes out. Of course if the date was something like 2019 or something they could. But then again, the Avengers series kicked off with Iron Man in '08 and the Avengers came four years later. However, Marvel clearly had this all planned out so...it's a tough call. I hope they can pull this off.

EDIT: I do like the idea of a TV show for the other heroes, though. That could work.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,268, Level: 100 Points: 52,268, Level: 100 Points: 52,268, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
AAARGH, that is a very long time to wait.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Now let's hope the world REALLY doesn't end.

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #10
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

2015 is shaping out to be a big year.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote