Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,503, Level: 94 Points: 23,503, Level: 94 Points: 23,503, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Alright Kingdom Hearts Junkies, halp

I just finished the Final Story of Birth By Sleep and am currently playing through KHII, and now I'm completely lost on the story now. Can someone fill me in on:

1) the Unversed and there connection to the Heartless
2) Aqua, Terra, and Ven and where they currently stand in the story
3) Connection with Sora, Ven and Roxas
4) The point of Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, and Coded(I probably wont end up playing these games)
5) Organization XIII and where they stand now
6) Xeornort in general
Old 12-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,634, Level: 94 Points: 23,634, Level: 94 Points: 23,634, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 38

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
I won't go into detail right now, but know that if you want a holistic knowledge of the plot, you're going to have to play all the games, or do a lot of Wiki reading.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Finally! After studying the lore carefully and coming to understand it, I can finally say that this is my time to shine!!

Also, we're going to be delving deep into the story, so I will put each answer in spoilers.

1) the Unversed and their connection to the Heartless
Spoiler
Simple answer: there is no connection between the two factions. While the Heartless is the darkness in peoples' hearts made real, the Unversed is the negative emotions given off from people through a main source: Vanitas. It is stated that, when Vanitas was split from Ven, the monsters appeared for him to command. Throughout BbS, Vanitas had visited each world, made sure his Unversed had been situated there, and then departed to the next world. So technically, given the fact that Vanitas was the pure darkness -- and therefore negativity -- of Ven, he is Unversed as well. It's irrelevant now, as his defeat ensured the demise of the Unversed threat, which had no impact on the Heartless faction.

Spoiler
Terra's heart and body was taken over by Xehanort, becoming Terra-Xehanort. Terra's Lingering Will (in the form of his Keyblade Armor) slowed down Terra-Xehanort long enough for Mickey and Aqua to destroy the X-Blade. This had extreme consequences:

1. Ven defeated Vanitas, but in the process lost his heart. However, given that his heart was pure light (as Vanitas was his heart's pure darkness), it found a place within Sora's heart. More on that in a bit. Also note that the newborn heart that helped rebuild Ven's heart at the beginning of BbS was Sora's heart.

2. The resulting collapse of the X-Blade caused Ven, Aqua, and Mickey to be sent to the Lanes Between, while an unconscious Terra-Xehanort was sent to Radiant Garden. Mickey returns Ven and Aqua to the Mysterious Tower, where Yen Sid explains what has happened to Ven. Aqua returns to the ruined Land of Departure, and with Eraqus' Keyblade, she locks the land's Keyhole, transforming it into Castle Oblivion, a place where only she knows the truth of its mystery. Here, she leaves Ven in its most secret chamber, the Chamber of Waking, and returns to Radiant Garden. With Ven comatose and without a heart in Castle Oblivion, this answers the question of his fate during the rest of the series.

3. Terra-Xehanort and Aqua battle, the result being that Terra is pulled into the Realm of Darkness by his Heartless Guardian. Aqua dives in after him and manages to send him back to the Realm of Light with her Keyblade and Keyblade Armor. This traps her in the Realm of Darkness, answering the question of her fate during the rest of the series.

4. Terra-Xehanort is found by Ansem the Wise and his pupils, and becomes another of his disciples, going by the name Xehanort. Meanwhile, Terra and Xehanort clash within his heart, as they wait out and see who will truly win control of Terra's heart and body. This answers the question of Terra's fate during the rest of the series.

Spoiler
As I said earlier, Sora's heart came into contact with Ven's heart when it was just a newborn, helping him rebuild his heart after parts of it were separated to become Vanitas. When Ven's heart left his body, it found a home within Sora's heart.

This gave Sora the ability to take and use the Keyblade. In Kingdom Hearts, he takes Kairi's heart within his own to protect her, and after defeating Riku at Hollow Bastion, Sora unlocks and frees his heart with the Keyblade of People's Hearts, returning Kairi's heart to her. This is another event that has extreme consequences:

1. This creates Roxas who is the Nobody of Sora but has Ven's heart, therefore giving him Ven's looks.

2.At the same time, this creates Namine, who was created when Kairi's heart left Sora. However, as she does not have either the body of Sora or Kairi, she is in the truest expression a Nobody. However, she has the strange ability to manipulate the memories of others, and as such she is quickly found in Castle Oblivion by the Organization, who use her for their work into memory.

3. Sora's heart descends into darkness, turning him into a Heartless. However, Kairi senses that Sora is still himself, and restores him from being a Heartless. A big note here is that, when this happens, Sora is still just a heart, as the shell it left behind, the body, is being used by Roxas. Still, because of this act of restoration, the time that Sora was a Heartless is short enough that Roxas does not have any recollection of who he really is.

I hope I explained that clearly enough.

4) The point of Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, and Coded
Spoiler
Basically, 358/2 Days and Chain of Memories occur around the same time as each other, though CoM occurs during 358/2 Days. The Organization had been working on what they called the Replica Program, which was designed to create puppet beings for their use. The first one is Xion, and she is inducted into the Organization as Member XIV. Members of the Organization are then sent to Castle Oblivion through the guise of further monitoring Namine, although it's later proven that Xemnas had many doubts proven true about the members, including Marluxia, who wished to use Namine to overtake the Organization.

And this opens up into Chain of Memories, where Sora, Donald and Goofy find themselves at Castle Oblivion. As they ascend the castle, Namine begins to put Marluxia's plan into action by taking apart Sora's memories so that Marluxia can use Sora as his own puppet to overthrow Xemnas. Riku, meanwhile, wakes up in the castle's basement, where he is challenged to put his darkness behind him. Vexen gathers enough data on Riku to create a Riku Replica, whom Marluxia uses to further trick Sora. However, the plan begins to fall apart as Sora gets closer to the top, and eventually he learns the truth behind the whole plot. He destroys Marluxia and his co-conspirators, and is put to sleep for about a year to repair his lost memories.

Riku defeats the rest of the Organization -- sans Axel, who acted as an agent for Xemnas -- and overcomes his darkness. He meets DiZ and sets out to make sure Sora is not at risk from the Organization while Namine restores his memories.

This returns us to 358/2 Days, where the memory process is effecting both Roxas and Xion. Xion is taking on Sora's memories, and by doing so, she is able to use the Keyblade. However, this puts a greater strain on Roxas, who begins to lose more and more of his power while Xion becomes the superior Nobody of Sora. This culminates in Roxas leaving the Organization and his battle with Xion. He is victorious, at the cost that Xion returns her memories to Sora, causing her to vanish from everyone's minds. Roxas, angered and upset, returns to the World that Never Was to defeat Xemnas, but is intercepted and incapacitated by Riku, who wants Roxas to merge with Sora so that he can wake up. That finishes 358/2 Days.

As for Coded, basically after the events of KH2, Jiminy finds a message in his journal that he didn't write, and Mickey decides that the only way of solving the mystery is to digitize the journal and see what it means. The journal, however, becomes plagued by bugs and glitches. And so, the only way to stop the bug threat is to create a Data Sora and use his Data Keyblade to save the data worlds.

It's later found out that the cause of the bugs was the data version of Sora's Heartless who had grown strong in the datascape and was using the bugs as a way to unleash itself into the real world. Data Sora puts a stop to this threat and the datascape resets itself, causing him to forget everything about his adventure....

....however, this causes a new entry of the digitized journal to open up, and through a Data Castle Oblivion, it's revealed that a Data Namine had sent the message to tell them about the people involed in Sora's life, such as Aqua, Ven, Terra, Xion, and Roxas needed to be saved still. Mickey converses about this with Yen Sid, who reveals that Master Xehanort is about to be revived thanks to the destruction of his Heartless and his Nobody. More on that in a bit. This leads into KH3D.

Spoiler
Okay, so I didn't go into detail in the last bit, but basically ,when a Heartless and a Nobody is destroyed, the person that they were can return to life. This is essentially what happened to Organization XIII, sans Roxas and Xion. Meaning Xehanort can return to life. Speaking of....

6) Xehanort
Spoiler
****. Where do I begin with this guy? Basically, he used the power of darkness to learn more about Kingdom Hearts and the X-Blade, but knew that his old body would not live to see the day. So, he found a perfect vessel for his dark heart - Terra. He possessed him, then became Ansem's disciple so that he could experiment more on the heart so that he could control people through it. However, this unleashed the Heartless on the universe, and he lost his heart, becoming the Heartless "Ansem" and the Nobody Xemnas. As Ansem he sought to take the seven hearts of light and create Kingdom Hearts, while Xemnas created the Organization XIII, which were beings of pure darkness, so that they could be used to create the X-Blade and open Kingdom Hearts.

Then Sora came and destroyed Ansem and Xemnas, ensuring that Xehanort would return to life to cause even more trouble.

Okay.....I think I covered everything that you asked. I'm free to answer more questions if need be.

Last edited by Nintenduendo; 12-19-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,503, Level: 94 Points: 23,503, Level: 94 Points: 23,503, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
Finally! After studying the lore carefully and coming to understand it, I can finally say that this is my time to shine!!

Also, we're going to be delving deep into the story, so I will put each answer in spoilers.

1) the Unversed and their connection to the Heartless
Spoiler
Simple answer: there is no connection between the two factions. While the Heartless is the darkness in peoples' hearts made real, the Unversed is the negative emotions given off from people through a main source: Vanitas. It is stated that, when Vanitas was split from Ven, the monsters appeared for him to command. Throughout BbS, Vanitas had visited each world, made sure his Unversed had been situated there, and then departed to the next world. So technically, given the fact that Vanitas was the pure darkness -- and therefore negativity -- of Ven, he is Unversed as well. It's irrelevant now, as his defeat ensured the demise of the Unversed threat, which had no impact on the Heartless faction.

Spoiler
Terra's heart and body was taken over by Xehanort, becoming Terra-Xehanort. Terra's Lingering Will (in the form of his Keyblade Armor) slowed down Terra-Xehanort long enough for Mickey and Aqua to destroy the X-Blade. This had extreme consequences:

1. Ven defeated Vanitas, but in the process lost his heart. However, given that his heart was pure light (as Vanitas was his heart's pure darkness), it found a place within Sora's heart. More on that in a bit. Also note that the newborn heart that helped rebuild Ven's heart at the beginning of BbS was Sora's heart.

2. The resulting collapse of the X-Blade caused Ven, Aqua, and Mickey to be sent to the Lanes Between, while an unconscious Terra-Xehanort was sent to Radiant Garden. Mickey returns Ven and Aqua to the Mysterious Tower, where Yen Sid explains what has happened to Ven. Aqua returns to the ruined Land of Departure, and with Eraqus' Keyblade, she locks the land's Keyhole, transforming it into Castle Oblivion, a place where only she knows the truth of its mystery. Here, she leaves Ven in its most secret chamber, the Chamber of Waking, and returns to Radiant Garden. With Ven comatose and without a heart in Castle Oblivion, this answers the question of his fate during the rest of the series.

3. Terra-Xehanort and Aqua battle, the result being that Terra is pulled into the Realm of Darkness by his Heartless Guardian. Aqua dives in after him and manages to send him back to the Realm of Light with her Keyblade and Keyblade Armor. This traps her in the Realm of Darkness, answering the question of her fate during the rest of the series.

4. Terra-Xehanort is found by Ansem the Wise and his pupils, and becomes another of his disciples, going by the name Xehanort. Meanwhile, Terra and Xehanort clash within his heart, as they wait out and see who will truly win control of Terra's heart and body. This answers the question of Terra's fate during the rest of the series.

Spoiler
As I said earlier, Sora's heart came into contact with Ven's heart when it was just a newborn, helping him rebuild his heart after parts of it were separated to become Vanitas. When Ven's heart left his body, it found a home within Sora's heart.

This gave Sora the ability to take and use the Keyblade. In Kingdom Hearts, he takes Kairi's heart within his own to protect her, and after defeating Riku at Hollow Bastion, Sora unlocks and frees his heart with the Keyblade of People's Hearts, returning Kairi's heart to her. This is another event that has extreme consequences:

1. This creates Roxas who is the Nobody of Sora but has Ven's heart, therefore giving him Ven's looks.

2.At the same time, this creates Namine, who was created when Kairi's heart left Sora. However, as she does not have either the body of Sora or Kairi, she is in the truest expression a Nobody. However, she has the strange ability to manipulate the memories of others, and as such she is quickly found in Castle Oblivion by the Organization, who use her for their work into memory.

3. Sora's heart descends into darkness, turning him into a Heartless. However, Kairi senses that Sora is still himself, and restores him from being a Heartless. A big note here is that, when this happens, Sora is still just a heart, as the shell it left behind, the body, is being used by Roxas. Still, because of this act of restoration, the time that Sora was a Heartless is short enough that Roxas does not have any recollection of who he really is.

I hope I explained that clearly enough.

4) The point of Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, and Coded
Spoiler
Basically, 358/2 Days and Chain of Memories occur around the same time as each other, though CoM occurs during 358/2 Days. The Organization had been working on what they called the Replica Program, which was designed to create puppet beings for their use. The first one is Xion, and she is inducted into the Organization as Member XIV. Members of the Organization are then sent to Castle Oblivion through the guise of further monitoring Namine, although it's later proven that Xemnas had many doubts proven true about the members, including Marluxia, who wished to use Namine to overtake the Organization.

And this opens up into Chain of Memories, where Sora, Donald and Goofy find themselves at Castle Oblivion. As they ascend the castle, Namine begins to put Marluxia's plan into action by taking apart Sora's memories so that Marluxia can use Sora as his own puppet to overthrow Xemnas. Riku, meanwhile, wakes up in the castle's basement, where he is challenged to put his darkness behind him. Vexen gathers enough data on Riku to create a Riku Replica, whom Marluxia uses to further trick Sora. However, the plan begins to fall apart as Sora gets closer to the top, and eventually he learns the truth behind the whole plot. He destroys Marluxia and his co-conspirators, and is put to sleep for about a year to repair his lost memories.

Riku defeats the rest of the Organization -- sans Axel, who acted as an agent for Xemnas -- and overcomes his darkness. He meets DiZ and sets out to make sure Sora is not at risk from the Organization while Namine restores his memories.

This returns us to 358/2 Days, where the memory process is effecting both Roxas and Xion. Xion is taking on Sora's memories, and by doing so, she is able to use the Keyblade. However, this puts a greater strain on Roxas, who begins to lose more and more of his power while Xion becomes the superior Nobody of Sora. This culminates in Roxas leaving the Organization and his battle with Xion. He is victorious, at the cost that Xion returns her memories to Sora, causing her to vanish from everyone's minds. Roxas, angered and upset, returns to the World that Never Was to defeat Xemnas, but is intercepted and incapacitated by Riku, who wants Roxas to merge with Sora so that he can wake up. That finishes 358/2 Days.

As for Coded, basically after the events of KH2, Jiminy finds a message in his journal that he didn't write, and Mickey decides that the only way of solving the mystery is to digitize the journal and see what it means. The journal, however, becomes plagued by bugs and glitches. And so, the only way to stop the bug threat is to create a Data Sora and use his Data Keyblade to save the data worlds.

It's later found out that the cause of the bugs was the data version of Sora's Heartless who had grown strong in the datascape and was using the bugs as a way to unleash itself into the real world. Data Sora puts a stop to this threat and the datascape resets itself, causing him to forget everything about his adventure....

....however, this causes a new entry of the digitized journal to open up, and through a Data Castle Oblivion, it's revealed that a Data Namine had sent the message to tell them about the people involed in Sora's life, such as Aqua, Ven, Terra, Xion, and Roxas needed to be saved still. Mickey converses about this with Yen Sid, who reveals that Master Xehanort is about to be revived thanks to the destruction of his Heartless and his Nobody. More on that in a bit. This leads into KH3D.

Spoiler
Okay, so I didn't go into detail in the last bit, but basically ,when a Heartless and a Nobody is destroyed, the person that they were can return to life. This is essentially what happened to Organization XIII, sans Roxas and Xion. Meaning Xehanort can return to life. Speaking of....

6) Xehanort
Spoiler
****. Where do I begin with this guy? Basically, he used the power of darkness to learn more about Kingdom Hearts and the X-Blade, but knew that his old body would not live to see the day. So, he found a perfect vessel for his dark heart - Terra. He possessed him, then became Ansem's disciple so that he could experiment more on the heart so that he could control people through it. However, this unleashed the Heartless on the universe, and he lost his heart, becoming the Heartless "Ansem" and the Nobody Xemnas. As Ansem he sought to take the seven hearts of light and create Kingdom Hearts, while Xemnas created the Organization XIII, which were beings of pure darkness, so that they could be used to create the X-Blade and open Kingdom Hearts.

Then Sora came and destroyed Ansem and Xemnas, ensuring that Xehanort would return to life to cause even more trouble.

Okay.....I think I covered everything that you asked. I'm free to answer more questions if need be.
Oh boy that's a lot of info 0_0
Thanks a bunch Nintenduendo.....Just one more question...
What role does Ansem(the real one)play?(since I heard there's more than one, or that there are people related to him)
Old 12-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #5
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
Oh boy that's a lot of info 0_0
Thanks a bunch Nintenduendo.....Just one more question...
What role does Ansem(the real one)play?(since I heard there's more than one, or that there are people related to him)
Spoiler
Ansem the Wise was the ruler of Radiant Garden. He first started the tests on the heart, yet quickly stopped after learning of the dangers of such things after a visit from Mickey. However, his six disciples Xehanort, Braig, Dilan, Even, Aleus, and Ienzo continued the tests. Ansem's fury over this was short-lived as he was banished to the Realm of Darkness. His disciples quickly lost their hearts following this event, Xehanort adopting Ansem's name as his own when he became a Heartless. This name change persisted in Xehanort's Nobody, Xemnas, which is just an anagram of Ansem with an X in there.

Ansem spent the next eight-to-nine years in complete isolation in the Realm of Darkness, nearly losing his sense of self. At this point, he renamed himself DiZ (Darkness in Zero), and after finding a way out, he learned of the defeat of Xehanort's Heartless, and of Xemnas and the threat of the Nobodies. He infiltrated Castle Oblivion during the events of Chain of Memories, then masqueraded as Xehanort's Heartless to lure Riku out of the darkness so he could use him to exact his revenge on the Organization.

He met up with Namine and monitored Sora as he slept, making sure 'threats' like Xion and Roxas were handled through Riku.

Once Sora awoke, he infiltrated The Wolrd that Never Was with a device built for the purpose of encoding Xemnas' Kingdom Hearts as data. However, this backfired, and the device exploded.

However, instead of killing him, this sent him back to the Realm of Darkness, resulting in some memory loss. Here, Aqua met him, and he informed her of the fate of the world and how Sora had saved it time and time again.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #6
Nights
Journeys of dreams.
Points: 666, Level: 13 Points: 666, Level: 13 Points: 666, Level: 13
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Metroid

My Mood: Flirty
Nights will become famous soon enoughNights will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Princess Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via Skype™ to Nights