Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
I need some help from all of you please (gaming related)

Here's something you probably don't see every day...

Alright, here it is. I'm freaking notorious for not finishing games, like all the damn time! Anyone that knows me knows this. I've got a laundry list of games I want to play, and that list constantly changes. Maybe it's just my mentality of playing all these classic games that take less than a dozen hours to finish, it just kinda sucks here.

New game I really want to play & finish!

Resident Evil 4! Whoa! I know, right? Cam playing this, I know? Unorthadox you'd think for me, well not really. It looks fantastic, and I just don't explore much out of the games I already know for whatever reason.

What I need from you guys is help, and suggestions on how to tackle this, because no matter how much I enjoy a game, I seem to switch focuses the next day.

My only Idea is to make a play along type thread where I type out my experiences with the game, being that I have not played it. This is all good and fine, however! It hasn't helped in the past when I did this with Doom 3, and final fantasy VIII (on my other forum).

So damn, I could list all the games I have uncompleted at the moment, but there is just a lot, believe me.

I want to play through this and finish this. I want some motive, because it's never really because I get sick of the game I'm playing, I jsut switch to something else.

First off for suggestions, I want you guys to spam me daily on skype, NFF, whatever to say play RE4!

A lets player I'm watching is currently playing this as well, so I want to play along and beat him to finishing it (he's playing it blind, so were in the same boat).

Only 2 ideas I have, help me out here guys! Don't just ignore the thread, you want me to post more, this can help me by fueling my thread I'll make. I need some more surefire incentive and ideas here though! Thanks!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,106, Level: 100 Points: 60,106, Level: 100 Points: 60,106, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
If you don't finish the game in a week you are perma banned.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,768, Level: 38 Points: 3,768, Level: 38 Points: 3,768, Level: 38
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
RE4 is F*cking awesome ! Finish it dude ! DO IT AT ONCE !

there.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

Well I started it, been interesting so far, but I'll go into details in my thread. But yeah, continue to give ideas and stuff.

Quote:
If you don't finish the game in a week you are perma banned.
haha kind of along right lines maybe. Maybe not to that extreme. Something like people get to choose my avatar for the next week if I don't update weekly? How's that sound?
Old 12-22-2012, 03:28 AM   #5
AlloftheAbove
Points: 24,851, Level: 95 Points: 24,851, Level: 95 Points: 24,851, Level: 95
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer 
Total Awards: 40

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 PSN ID: RaptorWaffles Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
You could do a Let's Play. I've never been into those types of videos, but it'd definitely help. If you've got the time and equipment, that is.

But I mean, surely this isn't the biggest problem you're facing. I mean, if not finishing video games is your primary problem at the moment, you're living a pretty sweet life.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You could do a Let's Play. I've never been into those types of videos, but it'd definitely help. If you've got the time and equipment, that is.

But I mean, surely this isn't the biggest problem you're facing. I mean, if not finishing video games is your primary problem at the moment, you're living a pretty sweet life.
Haha yeah, I am busy, I do have things going on in life, don't get me wrong, but it's christmas break, so that's kind of why I'm doing this now. Seems like a good time.

I got no work over the break surprisingly for Grade 12, so yeah. Only have a few unconfirmed plans with friends right now, and my Hockey doesn't start its next season until February I think (the league I play in).

If I tried to do this in the last couple of weeks, then I would have had no time other than maybe 1 or 2 days.

As for lets-playing, it's been something I've majorly wanted to do since I was 13, although thank god I did not start when I was 13 haha for obvious reasons (I'll be starting when I'm 17/18 now). A capture card is among one of the many things I'm working at getting for sometime before Summer hopefully haha. We'll see. I might do some crummy recordings of the screen now and then with my camera just for a few chapters, but I doubt it.

Edit: I have my official Youtube channel made, just awaiting that capture card. If anyone wants to prematurely subscribe to me, then here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CamTheBl...r?feature=mhee . By all means, I appreciate it. I intend to do a legitimate edited professional as possible (and as funny as possible) lets play channel unlike my previous attempts.

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 12-22-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Cam3ron36@NFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,106, Level: 100 Points: 60,106, Level: 100 Points: 60,106, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
How are you coming along on this?

Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Stopped playing for quite a while there, go figure. Thought I gave up on it, but then I picked it up the other day and played a bit. I feel it has to be redone though because I forgot to screenshot the end chapter thing.

I don't know if I'm going to drop the game completely, I don't want to, but I get in phases, and I'm no longer in the mood for this type of game. I do want to play it once or twice a week maybe though.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

So you're like that Jimmy Neutron villain who never finishes anything.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
So you're like that Jimmy Neutron villain who never finishes anything.
Finbar Calamitus.

God I don't know why I still know that.

The sad truth is that I thought the CG was cheap and not that great of a show.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote