Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > GameCube

Notices

GameCube GameCube section post here!

Old 12-22-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,910, Level: 100 Points: 31,910, Level: 100 Points: 31,910, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
My Blind playthrough of Resident Evil 4

Prepare for some long, relatively unedited writing in this thread, it interested people before, so I'd say give it a chance, and comment if you wish!

Here we have it, my official thread for my adventures in Resident Evil 4. This serves as more of a journalistic pre-cursour to my eventual lets plays down the road.

Alright, so Resident Evil 4. I spent just under 2 hours with this game tonight. My overall impression: Asides from some wonky controls I'm probably just not used to, it's good. On the edge while playing, but not really scared.

So, I believe I made a good step today, being that I got frustrated at one point of the game twice, yet continued on. Not something I usually do anymore with games. Going to try and stay on the topic of the game here though.

I like the intro, short and sweet, explains what I need to know, I'm content with it. Already, I kind of want to say like I feel like I'm missing something being that the main character Leon, was clearly in another Resident Evil game, but I more so feel this game stands on its own, and I get that from people that have played it, so not worried.

The game creates a pretty good atmosphere for what it is, it takes a lot to scare me, and I mean legitimately scare me, and I don't think this game will hold that feeling, but that's not why I'm playing it. I mean, yeah, jump scares are in this, and they got me good twice (being hit unexpectedly). I don't really feel like this game is the horror type thing to bug you at night if that makes sense. It gets me on the edge in the moment, and certain things creep me out huge. I'm perfectly content with that. What I'm going for. So this really does sit right with me.

Not much to say as for progress sadly, I mean, I got through the whole intro, killed the dude in the house, escaped it and made my way to the village with no problem. One strange thing I do have to note personally is my use of Invert aim in this... I haven't used invert aim since I was probably 10 years old, so this is kid of odd, but things like flight simulators and stuff, I usually like the inverse controls. I think that may translate to the third person shooter that this is. With inverse/non inverse aim, it's something I've always been able to adapt to if it was forced on me (*cough* Red faction *Cough*), but given the choice I go with what feels natural, which is inverse for once. I'm just rolling with it.

Getting to the village was not any trouble at all, and I kind of expected a cakewalk for a while, and it was relatively. That village though... Let me tell you about that village... Going in, I didn't really know what to do. I have watched the game in the past for moments with my brothers playing it, as well as I played the first bit of it with an action replay like a dummy when I was a lot younger. I didn't really remember this village however, or what to do. I tried to go the sneaking route which failed fast. I ended up killing one woman in the village which set them all off. I killed 4 more which was brutal trying to handle them all at once. Then more are sent after me. I went in the village with 50 some bullets, and thought that was so much... Well... It wasn't. Ended up fleeing low on health and ammo looking for health and ammo. I eventually died due to not being able to shake off an enemy finally, which I'm assuming either gets harder to do in succession, or with low health? (someone can clarify that maybe)

One thing I have to get at is the knife... This is brutal to use, often times I swipe at the enemies without hitting them, and I'm not sure when the best moment to use it is. I usually try it at random when I have several enemies in front of me, so I can hopefully get the cue to kick them all if I actually aim the knife right that is. Which is effective to take away from groups. Especially when trying to save ammo.

Second attempt in the village I did head on, ran right in, started attacking, died relatively soon without using the one Green Herb I had. Nothing to special, I tried to use my knife too much at the wrong moments, all there really is to tell.

Third attempt I really didn't know what to do. I had the idea in my head that the enemies were endless, and I had to wait it out. This frustrated me, because my first time in the village I had spent way more time than SuperJeenius had before he got a cutscene to end it (the let's player I am watching play this blind). Frankly, I'm still not sure whether it's timed, or what. I played a bit of stealth this time, ran into 1 building to grab stuff, then just started attacking. I spent this whole run of the village doing just that. Running, and shooting every now and then to weaken what now seemed like a limited amount of enemies. I ran around and gathered Herbs and ammo in the houses, and managed to get all 3 coloured Herbs to combine and make the super potion thing (not sure how I remembered the combine thing honestly). I had gotten hit once, and had half health throughout the whole village, however didn't want to use my potion for such little gain. I eventually killed all the enemies, then the cutscene came ironically with enemies in the cutscene... Now, SuperJeenius still had enemies he was fighting when the cutscene happened, so I'm not sure what's up. He's on the ps2 though.

Just quickly here, yes, I am watching a let's play of the game, and yes I'm behind, but I'm going to try and stay ahead of SuperJeenius once I get there, which I pretty much already am. He did part of chapter 1-2, that's it.

Also, I freed the wolf at the start of the game, because I do happen to know he helps you later on if you do.

Nothing too special about what went on with the next bit of the game really, I solved everything along the way that needed to be solved, found everything. The whole grenadier area was interesting, and I wasn't entirely sure how to handle what was essentially suicide bombers haha. I fired at a faster rate for this one to keep them away. Which was different than before because I usually try to aim, to make sure my shots hit and conserve ammo.

Frankly ammo, isn't too much of an issue at the moment. I have like 85 bullets now I think it was, and there isn't anything as bad as the village for a while I hope, and at least now I kind of know how to handle it. I've also been getting all the blue hanging things, and the sparkly things hanging around, checking every box and drawer everywhere.

The story at the end of chapter 1-1 just creeps me out, just ugh, whatever they injected into Leon kind of gives me a sick feeling.

In closing, I'm pretty impressed so far, but I have kind of seen the start of this game a few times before. I can only remember a handful of upcoming events and they're fuzzy memories at that, I'll mention them when I get to them, but I'm pretty sure ones even as far as disc 2 that I saw my brothers playing back in the day.

Controls are good, I feel like I wish I could turn around faster a lot, and wish the camera was a bit further behind me when running. That may change though, it all seems good, just takes some getting used to.

Go nuts in the comments guys, I'll still be posting in and amongst them answering questions and stuff, as well as new entries. I want to hear what you think of this, and all that.

Thanks guys!

Also, pictures coming of each "chapter finished" screen

Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,910, Level: 100 Points: 31,910, Level: 100 Points: 31,910, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

Okay, I got chapters 1-2, and 1-3 done today, earlier this morning.

Kind of wish I did this when it was fresh on my mind, but this thread is already going to be requiring me to double, triple, quadruple, etc. post as it is, at least spread it out a bit. (sorry mods by the way, hopefully since this is like a blog, it'll be an exception)

I'm having a much easier time now that I've learned the ropes somewhat. My strategy to take care of zombies as of late is to shoot them in the legs to make them fall, then headshot them while they're on the ground. This is one thing that bugs me though. What is up with headshots? It usually just causes them to get hit by the bullet and be groggy like shooting them anywhere else. I've tried shooting them everywhere on the head, the neck, you name it, but their heads only explode at random it seems which kind of makes sense. I still kind of find it odd though, even if the bullet doesn't explode their head (that feels odd to say), they just took a bullet to the Head! I know their zombies or something along that line, but can't it do any extra damage?

I was wrong about the village being the worst for a while as well. I went into the canyon area still not really having a down pat strategy, but I had managed to collect what seemed like an endless amount of grenades to help me, so it went pretty good. Didn't die all chapter, and managed to get a free shotgun when going back to the village.

Onto chapter 1-3, oh boy, some crazy beard dude talking about how Leon has the same blood as them, and lets him live because of it... Creepy... Again! Immediately leaving that house was fun, here's where I finally died again. Guy. With. A. Chainsaw... Dear lord... First attempt against him is probably predictable, second time wasn't much better and took a lot of bullets... Third time, I just hit him with an incendiary grenade... which killed him completely this time I think, I'm fuzzy with attempt 2 and 3 if I ad to shoot him more after he burned again. I got by anywho.

Briefly here, I did buy a TMP I think it was called with it's attachment, upgraded my pistol and shotgun, though I still have yet to use anything but the pistol. Kinda saving the machine gun and shotgun for something like the friggin chainsaw dudes again. I also have got all 3 herbs combined twice I think, and once I had to use a Green+Yellow out of desperation. So my health bar has increased slightly.

This next part was one very, very specific part that stuck out in my mind, because I remember watching my brother suffer through it as a kid. I quit when I saw the lake haha and went to have lunch. Came back... walked toward a boat on the lake knowing I'd regret it. This giant fish boss... Oh man! Actually ended up being really fun, he knocked me out of my boat 3 times, and almost got me once, but I beat him first try somehow. Really good boss actually, I just dreaded it from shared memories.

Running into news articles earlier on that states Leon will soon be one of them (a suspicion I had already had) was not pleasant, and after the lake, it was a bit painful to watch the cutscene, another memory that stuck in my mind. Onward from this point, there is only one other boss I remember and another moment in the game, so it's getting to be all blind, and I am already ahead of SuperJeenius.

I started to attempt chapter 2-1, but I died right away to something I don't even know how describe. More next time, on my Resident Evil 4 adventures!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Woo! Keep goin!!

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Thanks Glaston, will keep trying!

I'm beginning to wonder about the pacing of this game, how long it is and whatnot. Personally I'm only getting short sessions in, probably mostly because of a lot of N64 with my brothers and stuff.

I believe I'm trying to recount a few sessions-worth of events here, so forgive me.

I got into chapter 2 finally, and it was really rather interesting. I thought this was just some extremely brainwashed cult I was dealing with... Guess again, eh? xD First thing I encounter is a cutscene showing a villagers head explode. Fair enough, happens everyday. Random head explosions are the cause of 300 000 deaths yearly don't ya know? No, but seriously, it continues on by having... How do I even describe this, a few stems of heads come out of this mans body, and start flailing everywhere... Some sort of alienic-being clearly. I died immediately to this guy, I won't lie, I tried to kill him with a pistol... Not going to work... Not at all haha. I believe these guys can do one hit damage as well, I've only actually died to one twice. They have these really sharp razory heads flailing around out of the human bodies, and there is clearly no way to fight them but at a distance, shotgun recommended.

The following areas I'm fuzzy on, nothing that gave me much trouble though. At this point I have a TMP with the stock, a shotgun I found, and the pistol of course, although I save my shotgun for the crazy head alien things. at of a puzzle involving knocking crates into the water to jump on, pretty neat. Figuring out all these puzzles opens up a path beneath the waterfall. Pretty simple, right? Wrong! Of course a horde of enemies has to sandwich me, but that's to be expected, and spare incendiaries help :P

Going into the waterfall brings us to a boat that brings us back to what I consider a safe zone with the Merchant and a save point. Seems like the right makeup for a safezone, no? I'm not sure if I bought my TMP here, but I believe it was before the Water boss.

Either way, this is where I'm questioning the games pacing. Another boss right now. I assumed it was an end of chapter thing, you know chapter 1-3, 2-3, 3-3, etc. Nah, here we go again, an area I thought looked like it was meant for something similar to star wars VI's pit that Luke get's thrown in. Very similar in fact, walking in here now locks all the gate, and a giant ogre is dragged out. This ogre proceeds to kill all the villagers that brought him out. Seems legit, I can thank you for that one ogre.

I'm still not entirely convinced at how to fight this ogre, first time I went all out unloading on him with the TMP and the shotgun, but it seems like he works on more of a timed system. Partway into the battle (and this is one minor thing I remembered), our friend the wolf shows up to play the distraction! Thanks buddy, Dogs are loyal as crap, I'm telling you, even in games :P I died the first time against this boss, I think partly intentionally because I had used all my resources and kind of figured it was a timed boss more so.

Second attempt at the ogre was another session, this time I went in with my pistol equipped most of the time. I shot at him occasionally when I had the chance just to be sure. Mostly I tried to get him to ram himself into the wall, because I believe that may have been one way to get him to have his parasite alien thing pop out. Yeah, he has an alien parasite that pops out by the way, and bugs the hell out of him causing him to drop to his knees, and that's where I bring out the TMP and unload on the parasite. This seemed effective in ultimately destroying him after a long drawn-out battle.

One thing that bugs me after the ogre dies is... Where's my wolf friend? I hope that friggin ogre doesn't land on the wolf or anything, otherwise this is I Am Legend all over again

Head back to the safe room after I found my tenth blue thing on the bridge. Also take the chance to save, about all I do there. One thing I have to mention... I know this is a safe room, but the music bugs me to no end, reminds me of the reverse song of healing found in the Ben creepy pasta... I only watched that creepy pasta recently too, doesn't help. Maybe the resemblance is just me?

Heading back to the church is a bit unpleasant. I know it probably isn't my wolf friend, but I run into 3 possesed (or infected) wolves which are pretty brutal. They manage to get me to a fraction of health before I head to the church, yet I continue on anyways. I do everything in the church on no health to eventually find Ashley (girl we are rescuing). Trying to leave the building we are greeted with the man shown in the cut scene injecting Leon with these parasite eggs everyone else has. He informs us that Leon & Ashley were both injected with the parasites, they will soon join them, world will bow to the great "Religion" yada-yada-yada. Buddy! One fatal flaw in your plan! Okay, so he thinks no one will be sent to rescue the president's daughter... The president's daughter! You know how big the US is? You know how big the US army is? You know how easy it's been for one cop to take out 140+ of your minions as it is? Good friggin luck mr. cult man! Either way, this is not good news for our protagonists (because there is the two of them now).

Moving on Leon and Ashley escape out a window and we continue from here, no sweat. They are concerned about what they have been informed of, no doubt however. Moving onto Ashley, this is a mechanic I'm iffy on, and always have been. I now not only have to worry about my own well being, but the well being of some defenseless girl? Hmmm... never really been a fan of these mechanics, but it hasn't been too bad so far. I usually tell her to wait while I check ahead and so on. Getting back to the actual village she got picked up a couple of times though. Only to have the zombies carrying here be blasted with a shotgun immediately :P

I ran into another few papers that inform us that the man Leon was tied up with before knows how to cure the parasite and get rid of it from someone, so the objective here becomes clear to locate him.

And now! We reach! my final familiar memory of this game (trying to add dramatic effect in what looks like incorrect grammar there, don't mind it). First of all Hunnigan had sent us to an extraction point for a chopper to pick us up, however she reinforms us after we crossed a bridge that they lost contact with the chopper, but to continue on, and they'd send another... Ok. End transmission. ADDSFAFSDDGDFSGDSGGF! Only about 400 zombies heading our way in both possible exits. Only option is to go to a house between the two mobs... Oh boy... So both of my brothers never got by this part I believe, and I honestly thought I wouldn't come to this point until much later in the game... Somebody's wrong.

In this house, we run into the man Leon was tied up to, how convenient. Not much is said other than he's going to help us fight off the hordes of zombies, and he hits on Ashley. Nothing spectacularly important. I know my one brother had mentioned that he never got past this part due to a bad save, lack of ammo and health, a problem I do not have. I have multiple saves (3), have lots of ammo, and health. However, things were going alright until I swear one of those freaking head parasites one-hit killed me a long ways into the fight when I still had health to spare and was no where near done. I quit at this point, considering another go tonight.

That's all for now, tips, comments (no spoilers), Fire away!

Also, SuperJeenius' first encounter with chainsaw man was similar to mine. Really funny to watch :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQmFWw5mGs&t=1m41s

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 12-25-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Cam3ron36@NFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #5
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Lol, this is getting pretty good. Keep rolling, brother.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

There comes a point in some games where they aren't worth finishing, clearly this is likely not one of them, but at the point I'm at, in the state my characters are at to finish the next challenge, it seems near impossible. Highlighting what brought me here, again over a few sessions.

The cabin defense game, this turned out to be not so bad, took me another 2 attempts, maybe 3, I cannot quite remember that specific of a detail. Not sure where Ashley goes during this fight, but probably best she isn't in sight with this many zombies.

This turns out to be another one of those timed missions I believe, fight off the horde long enough, and you're good. Problem is, the time I actually beat this, I'm out of all ammo except for the pistol... What now...? Clearly cannot continue on like this, I am faced with the choice to fight El Gigante ogre thing again, or a ton of villagers again. I choose El Gigante not knowing there was a choice at first, but you can pretty much just run by El Gigante.

First time facing the ogre El Gigante, I kept dying or Ashley kept dying, it was a pain. Come back today, and I take that route again realizing I can probably just run, and that I can. Just make sure to grab the key along the way. I'm in no position to fight this guy.

Next still no ammo, and this is where problems begin... Pistol aint going to cut it for this next one, I need my TMP or shotgun... I'm thinking I'll load an earlier save next time, and hopefully go through the villagers instead of El Gigante, and gather up some ammo along the way, maybe?

Anyways, how do I even go on with this chairlift thing... First off, one comment... Actually two. Merchant... Why do you not sell ammo????? Also, remember how villagers can throw their weapons? Oh, I never mentioned it? Well, they barely ever do it, and miss 90% of the times they try. Head down this necessary chairlift, and suddenly they can all hit us both every time with an axe or sickle while freaking moving up the other chairlift...... Really? So they can't aim worth anything before, but now that they're trying to move up a chairlift, they can? That would make things harder if anything.

I tried this several times, and was close to successful a few times, but on top of about 5 different chairlift axe-throwing idiots, there's a dude that jumps on my chairlift, and hacks it off the track in no time. So with a pistol, I'm at least getting hit by 2 or 3 axes, or more if I even attempt to take this guy out on the top of my chairlift... This is not possible, not like this. Again, I need TMP or Shotgun ammo. Not like I've been inaccurate with my ammo either, 83% seems pretty good to me.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Here we go again! This is why we mane multiple saves people!

Reverted back to my save after the cabin defense and backtracked to the part just after the first village looking for anything to rack up in regards to ammo or anything. I found a bit of money. Heading back to the cabin area, something had to change drastically.

Put a lot of thought into it, and rethought my whole weapons situation to the best of my abilities. I sold my pistol and my Punisher Pistol for money, and bought myself a Rifle with a scope (hoping it'll help at the chairlifts later on). I also bought a Red9 which I considered an upgrade to the pistols I had, and it is. Holds less ammo, fires slower, but better otherwise. I never really fire fast anyways, that's what the TMP is for, and it aint exactly being ammo conservative to rapid fire the pistol. You gotta be strategic with the pistol. Shoot enemies in the knees to knock em down or make em groggy allowing you to kick them down, it seems to be a good system.

So now we move on with my weapons being altered quite drastically.

El Gigante this time? God no! I am not prepared for that, I figured at least with the endless villagers I could gain some ammo, money and health along the way. Heading into the village my first impression was that I was instantly cornered, and the mobs would probably be endless. I was wrong, the first bit consisted of maybe 4 or 5 zombies. Not too bad, and not too much trouble. Had to use the 2 shotgun shots I had to be safe. I knew that couldn't be it, so I told Ashley to hide in a bin while I scouted a bit more out, ran into a few more zombies around the corner, nothing special. I called Ashley out, and we went up the tower wall thing.

Continuing on a couple more zombies spotted us, and I took them out, still at this point only resorting to my Red9 I believe. Just how I want it. I had gathered a lot of Herbs along the way, and a bit of money along with some ammo, shotgun and rifle bullets included, but not much. I found another bin, and told Ashley to hide while I scouted out the area. I went along more of the walls to find a few more zombies, I took them out... One minor problem. That's right, head parasite guy, oh boy! This one, I used my 5 shotgun bullets stategically, and took him out while back-peddling a lot, I also tried to use my Red9 to keep shotgun ammo. I jumped down to a lower area to kill a few more zombies, mostly more money finds again.

So I'd explored the whole area, and everything was dead. All good, right? Well sure, let's scout out for crates. I jump down into what was an area surrounded by these walls. Yay! Cutscene! Chainsaw revs! Wall bursts, flash to another wall, it bursts with both revealing women with Chainsaws..... Perfect. I immediately go to my inventory, because this area is not big. I needed a bit of time. Spare flash grenade? I think so! Not going to lie, I was pretty scared for my character at this point, I don't really get scared of the game, but that moment when it's "oh god, do I stand a chance?!?!". I take out my only incendiary grenade, throw it at the one now blinded Chainsaw women thinking she's dead, turn to the other one, throw another grenade. Oh, and did I mention regular zombies started jumping in this pit with me, because they did. Luckily all but one died in the grenade blasts. The other one, I took down with the Red9 So, I turn around to see both of the Chainsaw women getting up...

Seeing both Chainsaw women stand up was not a fond memory. They got very close to me in the time that I took to kill the spare zombie. Last grenade time! Throw my grenade, and run, turn around, they are on the ground. They both get up... Tough Jerks! I managed to pick up 5 shotgun shells from one of the zombies, so that combined with the 3 I had left was enough to make it shotgun time. I shoot both of them once, they fall down, both get back up. How much does it take?! I shoot the one again, and she falls down, I shoot the other one, and she just flinches. I shoot her again and then she falls. The other one is getting back up again, so I shoot her and knock her down. I look back to the other one (on the left), and she's dead, dissolving. Turn back to the one on the right, and she's getting back up again, one shot left, I shoot her and she dies. One heck of a fight!

Now this whole time I'd been fighting them, apparently I had 2 old men zombies throwing sickles at me apparently. They never hit me, and I think I didn't notice them due to two freaking people with Chainsaws in a small area trying to kill me... That might be it. Just maybe. Anyways, this is what I'm wondering again, if they can spend 2 minutes there throwing sickles at me, and miss, then why the hell can the ones on a moving chairlift throw their sickles and axes, yet never miss??? Anyways, Red9 takes care of them.

I know I'm going through every detail of this, but it is literally one of the most nerve-racking gaming moments I've had in as long as I can remember. It isn't over either...

I get a key and some other resources off these people, including 25 TMP bullets. I grab Ashley, and we go through a locked door that was in this Chainsaw arena I'll call it. I press on thinking that has to be it, guess what guys? That wasn't it. I see the exit calling to me, then suddenly swarms, literally swarms of zombies start jumping off two towers in front of the entrance. I do the only thing I can, pull out the TMP. Start blasting away at the crowd... Yeah, 25 bullets doesn't do much. Time to try out the rifle. It doesn't do much except reveal that one of these guys has a head parasite. Wonderful. I pull out the Red9 and start blasting their knees, hoping to slow em down, but some start running... Finally a few have reached me, and the head parasite dude's distance from me is narrowing. I realize, I can probably get by this battle if I back-peddle and pick them off one by one, and that's what I do. I run all the way back up the walls, and get Ashley safely into the bin up there. Start shooting at the few that are up on the walls with me. Ones head explodes and reveals a head parasite, and the other one is next to her now. 2 of them! Yay, I kill a guy next to me by shaking him off, and he has 5 shotgun shells. I take out my shotgun, and unload on the parasite people. It's not enough, I back-peddle more down the other side of the wall. Turn around and start trying to strategically hit the parasites on these two. I'm successful after a number of shots. several more villagers jump down the wall, and surprise, another head parasite one! I manage to kill them all off and get a bunch of herbs, as well as killing the head parasite guy. I realize more are coming from behind me at this moment.

I run back up the wall, as it is now the safe direction, and kick the ladder down. 4 zombies are down there, and I shoot them all. Take a guess at what one of them is, just take a guess. Head parasite chick... Dang! I kill the other 3 while the ladder is down and back-peddle towards Ashley's bin knowing I'll need some distance for this head parasite chick... I have not come this far and had my nerves rattle this much to die now to a probably one hit kill from this thing. In 8 shots that I have, I can't fail, no time to reload. One headshot, one miss over the shoulder, one shoulder hit (she was thrashing all over the place due to being hit), another headshot. I look and see 4 shots left, I hit her in the head again, again, miss. 1 Shot left, she's too close for comfort, last shot! Bam! the Red9 hits her right in the head, and the parasite explodes! She's dead.

I take Ashley, and press on to the next area of the game, safely this time. All I find along the way are handgun bullets and Herbs, that's pretty much the summary of what I found in this whole village.

So now here we are, back before the chairlifts. Was this all worth it? A bit, it was one hell of an adventure there, most fun I've had with this game dare I say, most nerve-racking time possibly ever in a game for me. Now this was a 45-60 minute trek. Crazy! I was able to highlight every detail because it was so nerve-racking and yet so fun at the same time, so I hope you don't mind the wall of text, but I felt like highlighting as much as I can this time around. Hope you enjoy.

I'm really concerned about the next part, even with the improvements, I don't have much to work with. Basically I have a Red9 instead of the pistol, and a Rifle with a scope which doesn't do much damage, but if shooting them once on the chairlift knocks them off, we may be golden here!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
Ultrasnorlax
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1

Ultrasnorlax is an unknown quantity at this point

looks great!
Ultrasnorlax is offline   Reply With Quote