Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

What game deserves a remake?

Okay, let me clarify. Say a game is released, and it's a dud. Or perhaps there's a glaring issue about a game that the developer laments about not fixing during the game's original development. Instead of leaving it rot though, the developers of the game decide to refresh the game, fixing up all the game's issues.

Basically SGC64's review of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge got me thinking about that.

So to kick off, I'm gonna say that Sonic '06 is truly deserving of a remake. Sonic Team had a lot they wanted to do for the game, but a lot of the features were lost from the final product, as Sega wanted the game out by the end of 2006 for the 15th Anniversary of the series.

Granted, there have been some downloadable content packs with Boss Attacks and Hard Modes for the characters, which may be a shout-out to the lost features. But when you get down to it, the game is a shell of what it could be, and it's upsetting that Sonic Team hasn't taken a chance to return to it and set things right.

Because aside from the glitchy, shoddy gameplay, there's a good idea underneath this game. If only Sega let Sonic Team take its time with the game; we could've had something magical on our hands.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,775, Level: 94 Points: 23,775, Level: 94 Points: 23,775, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
I would love to see a remake of Resident Evil 2, especially if they give it the same care of the original REmake

A Starfox Adventures remake to make it more suited for the Starfox universe while still keeping its adventuring charm. Likewise, I'd like to see Assault remade as well, probably with a "Ratchet and Clank with Starfox characters" feel, and less hatchers.

A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask remake is something I've actually been excited about, especially with the rumors surrounding them

Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake remakes with the gameplay of the more current games. My only worry is that they'll end up like MGS4 where it's more cutscenes than gameplay

Final Fantasy V and VI have been long overdue for a remake for a long time.

And lastly, Megaman Powered Up 2 and Maverick Hunter X2

Last edited by Megas75; 01-04-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Megas75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

I'd have to say Starfox Adventure, even though I enjoyed it.

Sonic 06 was not THAT bad!
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Came here to say Sonic '06.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,009, Level: 100 Points: 59,009, Level: 100 Points: 59,009, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua View Post
Sonic 06 was not THAT bad!
Preach it my man. I really don't see why Sonic '06 is given so much crap. Aside from some ridiculous loading times and a boring overworld (overworlds just don't work in any Sonic game if you ask me), it was fine. I even wrote a review of it last year which I will now shamelessly promote by saying you can find it in the review section.
Reportedly, the PS3 version was considerably better than the 360 version so maybe that's it.

As far as A Link to the Past is concerned, I look at Twilight Princess as being a remake of ALttP; both games feature a light world and a dark world, and even have similar stories (Zant's role in TP is very similar to Aghanim's role in ALttP).

Anyway, it would be nice if Capcom would do what they did for Final Fight and re-released Final Fight 2 and 3 on XBL and PSN with online. Even though the first one was the best, the second and third ones I would still say are worthy of being brought back as well.

I would say Perfect Dark but I heard it was already remade for 360 as Perfect Dark Zero, but that it was a flop. Maybe re-releasing it again or making a sequel.

Donkey Kong 64 definately.

And going back to Capcom fighters, a re-release of Street Fighter Alpha 3 with online.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe
Brandyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
Nintenduendo
Estupidez

Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Preach it my man. I really don't see why Sonic '06 is given so much crap. Aside from some ridiculous loading times and a boring overworld (overworlds just don't work in any Sonic game if you ask me), it was fine. I even wrote a review of it last year which I will now shamelessly promote by saying you can find it in the review section.
Reportedly, the PS3 version was considerably better than the 360 version so maybe that's it.

I have to disagree. It is quite possibly one of the worst games I've played. The gameplay is slow and boring for all three characters, and it has bugs and glitches like crazy. The overworld is bland and boring, the characters lack that charm that most Sonic games have about them, and then there's those loading screens.

The plot would actually be decent if the characters were a bit more enjoyable and the game was built better, and the music's alright, but coming nowhere near close to the perfection that was the soundtack to Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

EDIT: Forgot to add something.

Before you go saying it's not that bad. It really is that bad. Below is a video that chronicles some of the game's glitches. I encountered them, and it's stated that they can be replicated in both the 360 and PS3 versions of the game.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Killua
Property Of Nicci
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball

Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
Before you go saying it's not that bad. It really is that bad.

Well it's a matter of personal preference.

No one can just declare a game bad. And anyone who says it's not that bad is automatically wrong because "It really is that bad"
Quote:
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #8
Nintenduendo
Estupidez

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua View Post
Well it's a matter of personal preference.

No one can just declare a game bad. And anyone who says it's not that bad is automatically wrong because "It really is that bad"
The fact that there's proof signifying that the game more than likely had poor bug testing, resulting in the large amount of bugs in the game, pretty much solidifies the fact that the game is pretty bad.

Still, I can't take down your preference just because I find fault with the game. To each their own.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
Killua
Property Of Nicci

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
The fact that there's proof signifying that the game more than likely had poor bug testing, resulting in the large amount of bugs in the game, pretty much solidifies the fact that the game is pretty bad.

Still, I can't take down your preference just because I find fault with the game. To each their own.
BOOM BITCH.

Just kidding lol, but honestly I never said it's great, I just said it's not that bad. Some of the gameplay was fun. It's also been a while since I played this game so if I replayed it then maybe I'd think differently. But as I remember it was ok.
Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,009, Level: 100 Points: 59,009, Level: 100 Points: 59,009, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
No one else for FF2 and 3 or Street Fighter Alpha 3?

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe
Brandyn is online now   Reply With Quote