Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,609, Level: 94 Points: 23,609, Level: 94 Points: 23,609, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Pikachu Pokemon X and Y Announced!

"Nintendo will release a brand new Pokémon game series for the 3DS called Pokémon X and Pokémon Y in October 2013, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced in a Nintendo Direct presentation today.

The game will make use of the Nintendo's 3DS's features and will release in North America, Europe, Australia and Japan "around the same time," Iwata said.
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will feature three starter Pokémon: Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin. Pikachu appeared briefly in the trailer for the games among the new Pokémon introduced.

The games will allow players to play with each other and connect globally. With previous Pokémon games releasing years apart in Japan and North America, Iwata emphasized that this will be the first Pokémon series that will receive a similar release period worldwide so that players can connect with each other."

Source: Polygon

Last edited by AlloftheAbove; 01-08-2013 at 06:56 AM.
AlloftheAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
Emerald
n00b
Points: 211, Level: 4 Points: 211, Level: 4 Points: 211, Level: 4

Emerald is an unknown quantity at this point

SWEEEEEET!
sucks how it's not going to have every pokemon in it, but i guess that's too much for the 3DS to handle. still, I am excited!
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Miggles
Le Migs
Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36

Miggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Xbox Live Gamertag: Miggles92
Don't know how I feel about the starter Pokémon designs, but I can't help but be excited for this 3D gameplay and what looks like co-op!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Lol the names. I guess gemstones, precious metals, and colors weren't working for them so they're going with letters. Can't wait for Pokemon Alpha & Sigma.

Joking aside, this game looks really awesome. I was never a fan of the top-down perspective, which may have lead to my aversion to the series for so long, but this just looks like a game that would be fun to explore.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Oh **** yeah. I'm pumped for this one.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
I’ve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
Can't wait for Pokemon Alpha & Omega.
Can't wait, it will star Arceus.

I think this is the first time I don't like the fire pokemon's design, but who knows he/she might have an awesome tiger evolution. Actually, now that I think of it, it is going to. There is no tiger pokemon that I can think of.

I think I am going to go for Chespin, which is odd for me, as I never choose the grass starter, except for Snivy in White 2, because he looks like a pompous asshole. Chespin looks like he is going to be a Grass/Water type, based on his flippers. Also, he is cute as all hell, because he looks like he is wearing hood.

Edit: Watched the trailer a second time. Look at the legendaries shapes. That is why it is named X and Y. That is clever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gen6starters.jpg (35.8 KB, 6 views)

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

SirManguydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
kingdavid
Points: 120, Level: 2 Points: 120, Level: 2 Points: 120, Level: 2

kingdavid is an unknown quantity at this point

coolio
kingdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
Can't wait, it will star Arceus.
DON'T SAY ARCEUS!! You-know-who might show up!!

Quote:
I think this is the first time I don't like the fire pokemon's design, but who knows he/she might have an awesome tiger evolution. Actually, now that I think of it, it is going to. There is no tiger pokemon that I can think of.

I think I am going to go for Chespin, which is odd for me, as I never choose the grass starter, except for Snivy in White 2, because he looks like a pompous asshole. Chespin looks like he is going to be a Grass/Water type, based on his flippers. Also, he is cute as all hell, because he looks like he is wearing hood.
That fire starter looks so damn cute. If I get the game I'm getting it as my starter.

I dunno about Chespin's design. It just looks so....out there. It just looks like a happier, Grass-type version of Oshawott, whose design I was never a fan of.

Quote:
Edit: Watched the trailer a second time. Look at the legendaries shapes. That is why it is named X and Y. That is clever.
There will probably be a third game, Z.

X, Y, and Z are 3D coordinates.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
Gareth

Why am i the only one who instantly thought..

OH MY GAWD, POKEMON COLLOSEUM IS COMING TO 3DS.

Cause thats pretty much what this game looks like.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
Thorin
Points: 379, Level: 7 Points: 379, Level: 7 Points: 379, Level: 7

Thorin has a spectacular aura aboutThorin has a spectacular aura about

Cool. I like the new graphics, but the only word I can think of for the new Pokemon designs is "weird."

I really think that the hardware limitations of the Game Boy resulted in the best Pokemon designs to date. As the hardware capabilities have increased so too have the detail of the Pokemon designs, but something is lost.
Thorin is offline   Reply With Quote