Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Sony PlayStation

Notices

Sony PlayStation Post anything relating to Sony PlayStation here.

View Poll Results: inFAMOUS 3?
Yes--but without Cole 1 50.00%
Yes--and bring back Cole! 0 0%
No, that would be milking it. 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Should they make inFAMOUS 3? *Spoilers abound*

inFAMOUS quickly became one of my favorite franchises of this gen, as well as simply one of my favorite game franchises and superhero universes. So, considering the ending(s) of the second game, should the third game happen? Granted, there was Festival of Blood, but that was just a DLC side game that took place during the events of inFAMOUS 2. We need a full third installment.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

The problem with inFamous is how the second one ended. There isn't really much room to explore the series based on the 'good ending', so I suppose they'd have to go with the 'bad ending'.

Which in actuality would make a great story. Perhaps you live in a conduit-only society, and you're a new Conduit protagonist whose fighting against Cole to protect the last of the normal humans.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Well....based off the good ending of the second one, I think it would be plausible for Cole to come back (remember, it's a comic book esque universe and ridiculous resurrections happen all the time in superhero universes). The question is what would the story be....

....on second thought, considering what happens to all the Conduits in the good ending it probably would have to take place during the evil ending timeline.

Or, they could just make it so that neither ending is cannon and have it take place right before Cole's final descision in inFAMOUS 2.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Well....based off the good ending of the second one, I think it would be plausible for Cole to come back (remember, it's a comic book esque universe and ridiculous resurrections happen all the time in superhero universes). The question is what would the story be....

....on second thought, considering what happens to all the Conduits in the good ending it probably would have to take place during the evil ending timeline.

Or, they could just make it so that neither ending is cannon and have it take place right before Cole's final descision in inFAMOUS 2.
Yeah, there'd be nothing for him to do in the good ending. It'd be like that one scene in inFamous 2 where Zeke and him are sitting on the couch watching TV, except that'd be the entire game.

And I'd hate for them to just retcon the endings of inFamous 2 to some cop-out for iF3.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Well I suppose Cole can't come back. I guess it's just weird imagining a different protragonist.