Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
What do you want to see in Batman Arkham 3?

It seems the game is definately happening. Based on the end of this clip if you see what the file Joker holds at 0:20 is.

Story? Modes? Who should the villains be? Discuss!

I vote to have online multiplayer.

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

From what I heard, the next Arkham game would be a prequel, telling the atory of Batman's first encounters with the Joker. So as far as the story goes, it'd probably be kinda like The Dark Knight, where the Joker keeps pulling shit around Gotham trying to lure out Batman, and in his own subtle way, Batman foils his plans, and they just continue to one-up each other, more than likely leading up to a final confrontation of wits and reflexes. None of that Joker-Hulk shit from Arkham Asylum.

Another plotline ahoupd be the budding friendship between Jim Gordon and Batman, though played up in a way that Gordon is unsure just how good Batman is, or if he's just another criminal freak.

I would love to see a more open, widespread Gotham City to explore, perhaps even including the entirety of Arkham Asylum from the first game. Also, the Batmobile needs to be used. The way I imagine how you could explore the overworld is the usual rooftop climbing and flying in the first two, but you also have the option to take to the streets with GTA-esque driving gameplay, though it'd probably be more like LA Noire with missions, in that you could help assist the police, in true Caped Crusader fashion, by taking down bad guys during things like holdups or robberies.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Batman.

Anyway, they have hinted at what happens next in the Arkhamverse(Yes they registered that domain name) in Arkham City with the Watcher. Gotham will burn, and the Bat will have to save the city, with something happening to him along the way that may or may not destroy him, but will definitely change who he is.

Also, I imagine that Red Hood(Jason Todd) will show up in the next one, as Joker taunts Batman about it in Asylum, and also in some of the challenge missions as Robin, Joker will say "Haven't I killed you already?" And then of course, Batman still has to deal with Hush, who is impersonating Bruce Wayne, and Gordon tries to talk to Batman about it several times in the Harley Quinn DLC.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

SirManguydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
I have also heard it would be a prequel of sorts. And driving stages with the Batmobile sounds awesome.

How about a Superman cameo?

Old 01-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
You know what I'd love to see? a DC ripoff of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I have played X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2, and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance with 2 friends in particular. We even played through the first Legends and Ultimate Alliance multiple times. We just started Ultimate Alliance 2 last night, and we're loving it like always. a DC version would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
You know what I'd love to see? a DC ripoff of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I have played X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2, and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance with 2 friends in particular. We even played through the first Legends and Ultimate Alliance multiple times. We just started Ultimate Alliance 2 last night, and we're loving it like always. a DC version would be awesome.

Not a bad idea.
Personally I wouldn't mind a Marvel vs. Capcom 3-esque fighting game with DC characters. But it seems MK vs DC has made people not want to see DC try another crossover fighter.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Not a bad idea.
Personally I wouldn't mind a Marvel vs. Capcom 3-esque fighting game with DC characters. But it seems MK vs DC has made people not want to see DC try another crossover fighter.
Gods among Us is not a crossover.

Quote:
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,609, Level: 94 Points: 23,609, Level: 94 Points: 23,609, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
I keep hoping that 'Arkham' isn't in the title at all, considering it should have very little to do with Arkham Asylum, but I can understand that they want to have some link with the other two games.
I always thought just 'Batman: Gotham City' would be a better name, though.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

I guess they want to make sure fans know it is within the same series/universe.
Who should the villains be?

Old 02-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #10
Miggles
Le Migs
Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36

Miggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Xbox Live Gamertag: Miggles92
I don't think they'd bring out more obscure villains for this game. If it's going to be more successful than Arkham City then they've got to stick to their big guns.