Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Epic Mickey Studio Junction Point closes

Quote:
Epic Mickey Studio Junction Point Closed
Disney confirms the end of Junction Point.
by Andrew Goldfarb JANUARY 29, 2013

Update: Disney has now confirmed the news, issuing the following statement:

"It was with much sadness that we informed our teams today of changes to our Games organization, which include the closure of Junction Point Studios. These changes are part of our ongoing effort to address the fast-evolving gaming platforms and marketplace and to align resources against our key priorities. We're extremely grateful to Warren Spector and the Junction Point team for their creative contributions to Disney with Disney Epic Mickey and Disney Epic Mickey 2."

Epic Mickey developer Junction Point has reportedly closed. The news comes via the Twitter account of Roberts Space Industries (the crowdfunding platform behind Chris Roberts’ upcoming Star Citizen), which wrote “Fare-the-well Junction Point! We hope that you all find new studios soon!”

Reports circulating earlier this month suggested that sales of Epic Mickey 2 were significantly lower than the original, prompting speculation about the future of the studio. 3D Realms co-founder George Broussard tweeted “the Junction Point rumors have been circulating a while. Warning signs when you give employees 2 months off after shipping.”

We’ve reached out to Disney for official confirmation and will update this story with any additional info we receive. IGN wishes the best of luck to anyone affected by the news
SOURCE - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...863dd338000004
Old 01-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,519, Level: 100 Points: 38,519, Level: 100 Points: 38,519, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Well it wasn't exactly a great game. At least these are doing the smart thing instead of releasing constant sequels of the same crap which is what many companies do.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Sucks for Spector, because he was really interested in making games for Disney fans, but he should've known how to make a good game, too. I probably would've bought The Power of Two if I wasn't so turned off at how poorly Epic Mickey's gameplay was. Him staunchly defending the shitty camera controls really turned me away, too.

Epic Mickey just turned out to have too much ambition. On paper it sounds like a good idea, but what we got was something just trying to be dark and edgy, when it was neither.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
Too bad I had such a big hope for Epic Mickey 2 before it released date.

I read so many bad reviews in it; the impossible certain tasks to complete even a gamer buys the guide book.

I have Epic Mickey 1 which have some bugs in it, difficult camera angle to see surrounding environments have resulted me to tun off for the sequel.