Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,057, Level: 100 Points: 37,057, Level: 100 Points: 37,057, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Why the delays?

I discovered that recently the games released in Europe, PAL format, have only got the English language on, regardless of country. So not just the UK, but also France, Spain, Germany etc., all have just English as a language option. If these games only have English as language options now, then how come the delays between games (Fire Emblem, Persona 4 Arena, as examples), are still so large? It can't be too hard to translate American-English to English, and I've played games where they didn't even bother doing that.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Yeah, I don't even think I needs to be translated between both types of English, as I think most people will get "Dreamt" from "Dreamed"

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

SirManguydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I don't understand this post because I don't speak European English. Can you try again in American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Masfuko
Out of the world~!!
Points: 1,272, Level: 19 Points: 1,272, Level: 19 Points: 1,272, Level: 19
User owns 1x Sapphire User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Poke Ball

My Mood: Innocent
Masfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to Masfuko 3DS Friend Code: doesn't work... PSN ID: eh Xbox Live Gamertag: MaldyBidon WiiU ID: not yet?
I think the reasons are costs. Some companies can only afford to send out x amount of games at a time, so they focus only on the nation they're in first, wait until they make a profit, and THEN send it to other nations. Perhaps Europe should look to setting out petitions for their right to game before the Americas occasionally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
are you implying I like fat hairy assed men sitting on my face?

cus if you are, I might buy a plane ticket just to smack you like a bitch
Masfuko is offline   Reply With Quote