Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Zelda Series

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

LoZ Storyline Discussion and Speculation Thread

Alright. We've had a week or so to pour over the Hyrule Historia, for those of us who bought the English copy. I say we Sages gather about and discuss about the timeline and storylines.

I'll start out by saying that the placement of Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures were a big error.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
Masfuko
Out of the world~!!
Points: 1,272, Level: 19 Points: 1,272, Level: 19 Points: 1,272, Level: 19
User owns 1x Sapphire User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Poke Ball

My Mood: Innocent
Masfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to Masfuko 3DS Friend Code: doesn't work... PSN ID: eh Xbox Live Gamertag: MaldyBidon WiiU ID: not yet?
More importantly, we should discuss what their next installment should be.

I suggest a game between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
are you implying I like fat hairy assed men sitting on my face?

cus if you are, I might buy a plane ticket just to smack you like a bitch
Masfuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #3
Nintenduendo
Estupidez

Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masfuko View Post
More importantly, we should discuss what their next installment should be.

I suggest a game between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess!
Yes. I'd love to play as an Adult OoT Link prior to him becoming the Hero's Shade. There's a lot more story to him than what was stated in OoT and MM. You can tell just by his words as the Hero's Shade.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
Yes. I'd love to play as an Adult OoT Link prior to him becoming the Hero's Shade. There's a lot more story to him than what was stated in OoT and MM. You can tell just by his words as the Hero's Shade.
What words? Hero's Shade was extremely depressed because he never shared his skills with anyone, as he never had a heir. His deep seated connection to the Triforce of Courage granted his wish to help out the next hero should one be needed down the line, which of course there will be as long as the Triforce exists.

This confirms that the separate Links do not come from the same lineage.

Also a theory of mine about what truly happens during the events of MM.

Throughout OOT, Navi doesn't seem to display an emotional attachment to Link, other than the fact that she's been tasked with helping him save the world. Link ventures into the Lost Woods in search of Navi, his "old friend" (or love, as link is pretty attached to her), who kind of, well, took off at the end of OOT (her quest was over). Link is obviously heartbroken, and in hysteria, recklessly gets lost. It is unknown how long Link had been in the Lost Woods for, so I'm going to assume it was for an extended period of time, and that Link would have been exhausted/starved/etc enough to hallucinate (which explains why the people that Link meets are variants of the Hyrulians).
Link's encounter with the Skull Kid is meant to mirror his internal feelings about his and Navi's friendship. Link obviously manifests himself as the Skull Kid, and Navi as Tael. Link sees Skull Kid's bullying of Tael as a mirror of his and Navi's relationship. Tatl, on the other hand, is a constant reminder of Navi's leaving him (hence the condescending personality).
Throughout Termina, the lack of the Goddesses can be attributed to Link's hopelessness due to Navi leaving him: he hates the Goddesses, and he sees them as hating him back. The moon, as well, is a symbol for the inevitability of Link's emotional collapse. Link has to work through his grief, and revisit his entire life (Hyrulian counterparts) in order to avoid a breakdown.
The masks are symbolic of Link's confusion about his friendship with Navi. The four main masks in particular (Elegy of Emptiness: He's just a hollow shell), allow him to hide his true self. It is only in the moon, by giving away almost all of the masks that he acquired, that his transformations become obsolete, and he experiences an emotional revival of sorts (Fierce Diety).
Furthermore, the Moon Children's questions reflect rather well on this:
Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you... as a friend?
Link has to face the fact that Navi didn't really consider him a true friend.
Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?
Link is terrified of his "true face", he blames himself for Navi's abandonment (hence viewing himself as the Skull Kid).
The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it make...everybody...happy?
He's a bit disappointed that he (the Hero of Time) was left by his perceived best friend.
What makes you happy? I wonder...what makes you happy...does it make...others happy, too?
Link is realizing the one-sidedness in his and Navi's friendship.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

SirManguydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #5
Masfuko
Out of the world~!!
Points: 1,272, Level: 19 Points: 1,272, Level: 19 Points: 1,272, Level: 19
User owns 1x Sapphire User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Poke Ball

My Mood: Innocent
Masfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud ofMasfuko has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to Masfuko 3DS Friend Code: doesn't work... PSN ID: eh Xbox Live Gamertag: MaldyBidon WiiU ID: not yet?
SirMan, Termina was confirmed as an alternate dimension, a parallel world from Hyrule. It has its own lore and universe. Despite how realistic your theory would have been, Hyrule Historia pisses on it like it did my theory of Ganondorf xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
are you implying I like fat hairy assed men sitting on my face?

cus if you are, I might buy a plane ticket just to smack you like a bitch
Masfuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masfuko View Post
SirMan, Termina was confirmed as an alternate dimension, a parallel world from Hyrule. It has its own lore and universe. Despite how realistic your theory would have been, Hyrule Historia pisses on it like it did my theory of Ganondorf xD

Ganondorf is the embodiment of the Triforce of Power and Demise. Mainly as Demise is the creator of all evil, and essentially the Devil. Also, the Subconcious is considered an alternate dimension by Nintendo(See Subcon).

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #7
Nintenduendo
Estupidez

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
Also, the Subconcious is considered an alternate dimension by Nintendo(See Subcon).
True, and yet while Termina draws a good bit of connections to a land of subconscious like Koholint or Subcon, the fact that it's never explicitly stated that it is such a land in either the game or the Historia, makes that part of your theory just that.

Though I do think the part about Link realizing the one-sidedness of his friendship with Navi is very well thought out, and more than likely true. Given how you pointed out that the Hero's Shade's regret was more that he couldn't pass on his skills to an heir and not something like the loss of Navi, it could be that he just simply moved on from trying to find her, just as she moved on from him once his quest in OoT was done.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:15 AM   #8
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,621, Level: 78 Points: 14,621, Level: 78 Points: 14,621, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

You are all bad people, I shoulda been warned or something before I started reading this thread xD I'm staying out until I can get myself a copy :3

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #9
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai17 View Post
You are all bad people, I shoulda been warned or something before I started reading this thread xD I'm staying out until I can get myself a copy :3
We haven't even posted anything about the Historia. Also, if you look on the very last page, it says that the entire book is conjecture.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #10
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,621, Level: 78 Points: 14,621, Level: 78 Points: 14,621, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
We haven't even posted anything about the Historia. Also, if you look on the very last page, it says that the entire book is conjecture.
Ahh k. Still can't contribute to the thread until I have it. So I still have to wait :3

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote