Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,254, Level: 93 Points: 23,254, Level: 93 Points: 23,254, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Pope Benedict XVI Resigns on the 28th

Quote:
The Vatican says Pope Benedict XVI will resign on Feb. 28, The Associated Press reported. The 85-year-old pope announced the decision on Monday, and cited health concerns as the reason for his departure.

Here's more from The Associated Press:

VATICAN CITY (AP) Pope Benedict XVI announced Monday that he would resign on Feb. 28 because he was simply too infirm to carry on the first pontiff to do so in nearly 600 years. The decision sets the stage for a conclave to elect a new pope before the end of March.

The 85-year-old pope announced his decision in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals on Monday morning.

He emphasized that carrying out the duties of being pope the leader of more than a billion Roman Catholics worldwide requires "both strength of mind and body."

"After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths due to an advanced age are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry," he told the cardinals. "I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only by words and deeds but no less with prayer and suffering.

"However, in today's world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the barque of St. Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary strengths which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me."
SOURCE - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2660670.html
Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Health concerns.

The man is leaving amid the criticism against Catholicism for their stance on contraception and same-sex marraige, among other things, and during a time when the Church is under fire for alleged sexual abuse and pedophilia....because of health concerns.

Okay, whatever.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
It makes me wonder why the Pope seems to be so afraid of dying when according to his religion, once judgement day comes his spirit would rise to Heaven, and as the Pope, he'd obviously get into Heaven, right?

Oh, Catholicism.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,717, Level: 100 Points: 37,717, Level: 100 Points: 37,717, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
It makes me wonder why the Pope seems to be so afraid of dying when according to his religion, once judgement day comes his spirit would rise to Heaven, and as the Pope, he'd obviously get into Heaven, right?

Oh, Catholicism.
Not if the alleged sexual abuse and pedophilia come out true.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
Health concerns.

The man is leaving amid the criticism against Catholicism for their stance on contraception and same-sex marraige, among other things, and during a time when the Church is under fire for alleged sexual abuse and pedophilia....because of health concerns.

Okay, whatever.
That's been bugging me a lot too, normally I'd expect him to die "in office" like most of the other Popes. This is the first time in a few hundred years that a pope resigned.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with those sex abuse scandals he was accused of

BTW, found this interesting tidbit - http://www.salem-news.com/articles/f...pe-resigns.php
Old 02-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
That's been bugging me a lot too, normally I'd expect him to die "in office" like most of the other Popes. This is the first time in a few hundred years that a pope resigned.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with those sex abuse scandals he was accused of

BTW, found this interesting tidbit - http://www.salem-news.com/articles/f...pe-resigns.php
Yeah, the first thing I thought when they announced his resignation was, "okay, whose little boy did the Pope touch?"

There's more to this, I know it. You don't just resign like this because of health concerns; if you were worried about that, you shouldn't have made a 78-year-old man the friggin' Pope.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
Not if the alleged sexual abuse and pedophilia come out true.
Lolol, true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
This is the first time in a few hundred years that a pope resigned.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with those sex abuse scandals he was accused of.
I'm doubting it was health concerns, starting to believe it probably was due to those scandals.

Makes me wonder why so many in the Church are accused of, or commit, paedophilia and sexual abuse. I understand that they shouldn't commit sexual acts, but why is it that those in the Church always seem to abuse young boys?

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

I am not going to say alot becuase most of the people are going to say somehting like "oh he is abandoning".
He is old (and sick).
He can barely take decisions.
It is better for a new pope to come and straighten things up.
Thats all i have to say.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Mikematute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikematute View Post
I am not going to say alot becuase most of the people are going to say somehting like "oh he is abandoning".
He is old (and sick).
He can barely take decisions.
It is better for a new pope to come and straighten things up.
Thats all i have to say.
In all honesty and as a Catholic myself, the fact that he's resigning due to health issues looks weak and pathetic. I mean, if it's due to health issues, why didn't the other Popes do the same?

Like Nintenduendo said, there's probably more to this
Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #10
travis
Agent of the system
Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15

travis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura about

The thing that got my attention was how two hours after it was announced that he would step down, St. Peters Basilica was struck twice by lightning. Yep, right on the old cross that sits on top, lol... Its a dark time for religion im afraid. I think i remember nostadamas saying something about the pope/church, being under attack as well. You know, just more of your everyday end of days stuff...
travis is offline   Reply With Quote