Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Super Nintendo

Notices

Super Nintendo Super Nintendo section post here!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
Ayupchap
Goomba
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Ayupchap is an unknown quantity at this point

HELP! New, issue with my SNES

Hey all,

I am new here and have just got my first SNES, I know. I am having a bit of a problem. I have connecte the SNES and got a game. At first it was just a black screen, I cleaned the cart contacts and the inside of my SNES and now I put it in I get the screen appearing saying Licensed by nintendo but gets stuck there. Any help would be great. I've blown it to hell and back, any advice, is it the cart or the machine?
Ayupchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #2
TheLoveB4U
Sakura Medic
Points: 2,009, Level: 27 Points: 2,009, Level: 27 Points: 2,009, Level: 27
User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Excitebike Trophy User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Lurking
TheLoveB4U has a spectacular aura aboutTheLoveB4U has a spectacular aura aboutTheLoveB4U has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes
Send a message via AIM to TheLoveB4U Send a message via MSN to TheLoveB4U Send a message via Yahoo to TheLoveB4U Xbox Live Gamertag: Tickletot WiiU ID: TickleTot
I don't know much about the system but there should be contact information on the console for issues like this. or you can take it to the shop to get it checked out.

Also try blowing into the game and restarting if it freezes im sure its the gamenot the console.

Hope this helped.

Hello Guest, Want to comment on this thread? register here!

Love is my armor, and that is my truth!
TheLoveB4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
travis
Agent of the system
Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15

travis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayupchap View Post
Hey all,

I am new here and have just got my first SNES, I know. I am having a bit of a problem. I have connecte the SNES and got a game. At first it was just a black screen, I cleaned the cart contacts and the inside of my SNES and now I put it in I get the screen appearing saying Licensed by nintendo but gets stuck there. Any help would be great. I've blown it to hell and back, any advice, is it the cart or the machine?
Since this is your first snes, im going to guess that your not skilled at cleaning the console or the games.

Here is what i do > You need a toothbrush, 91% alchohol and 600 grit or higher sandpaper. Oh yeah, you may need the bit to open the game as well. If you plan on collecting and playing snes games, you will need the bits... Ebay

Open that game and rub the metal pins with your sandpaper. You will know when enough is enough. It will look clean and have a shine. Now dip a rag in alchohol and clean the black off of the metal pins. Now put your game back together. Be sure to remember what way faces forward

Dip your toothbrush in alchohol and clean the pin connector inside the console. Take the lid off the console so the alchohol can evaporate. You dont want to let it sit very long, its corrosive. Be sure to let it dry before powering it on.

If that fails to work i would find another game and figure out if the game was damaged or if the system is... If things are going out on your motherboard there really isnt much you can do without knowing electronics.

Hope this helps you
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Cosmic Dust
Points: 559, Level: 11 Points: 559, Level: 11 Points: 559, Level: 11

Cosmic Dust is an unknown quantity at this point

Dirty cart connections is a common problem with the 8/16 bit era machines,it all depends on how severe the problem is really.i usually get a sheet of paper (say white A4) fold it until it is rigid but narrow enough to fit in the cart edge connector area of the game cart ,then rub the corner of the paper back and forth along the inside of the cart.The paper should turn black as it removes the carbon deposits from the inside edge connector of the cart.
You can also add a few drops of cleaning solution to the edge of the paper before you insert it,i use contact/switch cleaner,make sure you clean the very edges of the connector so wipe along the full length inside.
Cosmic Dust is offline   Reply With Quote