Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Super Nintendo

Notices

Super Nintendo Super Nintendo section post here!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
tempusfugit
Goomba
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

tempusfugit is an unknown quantity at this point

final fight guy snes - value?

Hey everyone. I just picked this up at the swap meet.. Having a hard time determining its value. Maybe a year ago I looked and it was at 60-70 dollars.. Now I'm seeing ones with bad labels going for 70-80, and decent condition ones going for 120-150..

I'm pretty new to collecting, but this thing is in pristine condition. I'm wondering if someone could look at these pictures and tell me if its in good enough shape to warrant a higher price than what I'm seeing on ebay.

s271(dot)beta(dot)photobucket(dot)com/user/supmet/library/final%20fight%20guy

replace (dot) with . - sorry can't post links yet
tempusfugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,404, Level: 100 Points: 56,404, Level: 100 Points: 56,404, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
I know Final Fight Guy is rare but it seems pretty moot these days. I can't imagine why this would be worth much considering there are now plenty of ports that do have all three characters playable, including the Sega CD version that was out around the same time.
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
I know Final Fight Guy is rare but it seems pretty moot these days. I can't imagine why this would be worth much considering there are now plenty of ports that do have all three characters playable, including the Sega CD version that was out around the same time.
Or my preferred version, the GBA version that has the 2 versions of Guy and Cody
Old 02-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,404, Level: 100 Points: 56,404, Level: 100 Points: 56,404, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
Or my preferred version, the GBA version that has the 2 versions of Guy and Cody
Oh yeah, Alpha Guy and Alpha Cody for the win.

There's even an online version on Xbox Live and PSN that's literally a direct port of the arcade version, Double Impact.

What gets me is that Capcom claims they had to remove Guy and the Industrial Level from the original SNES version due to space constrictions, yet Final Fight 2 featured 3 characters and six stages just like the arcade version of FF1, and Final Fight 3 featured four playable characters and like 8 stages.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
\
What gets me is that Capcom claims they had to remove Guy and the Industrial Level from the original SNES version due to space constrictions, yet Final Fight 2 featured 3 characters and six stages just like the arcade version of FF1, and Final Fight 3 featured four playable characters and like 8 stages.
Probably because 2 and 3 were built from the ground up for the SNES while the first one was just a port of the Arcade version and the SNES isn't exactly known for good ports of arcade games(the only good one I can think of was Street Fighter 2)
Old 02-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
the SNES isn't exactly known for good ports of arcade games
Touche. Looking back it's probably a blessing The Simpsons never made it to Super Nintendo after all.

But yeah I don't think he'd get much for FF Guy due to the superior (more complete) ports now available.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
tempusfugit
Goomba
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

tempusfugit is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to ebay... Search final fight guy... Click "sold listings"... check out the two that sold this month for 120-150.. The one that sold for 120 is in crap condition compared to mine, and the one that sold for 150 is decent, but doesnt compare to mine..

Oh well, thanks for the help anyways guys.. I'll try to find a forum where people know that just because a port or emulator was released of a game doesn't make a super rare game less valuable, especially in near mint condition... I can download an emulator for stadium events, that doesn't mean someone won't pay $40,000 for it.
tempusfugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
travis
Agent of the system
Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15

travis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura about

I wouldnt pay a dollar over 130$ for this game in excellent condition. But thats me...
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #9
sharpking89
Banned

sharpking89 is infamous around these partssharpking89 is infamous around these partssharpking89 is infamous around these parts

i found it in a bin once for $25 thought it was lame and threw it back :/
sharpking89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:08 AM   #10
travis
Agent of the system
Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15

travis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpking89 View Post
i found it in a bin once for $25 thought it was lame and threw it back :/
^ Well, there he is lol. Hey if you go look in introductions bootlegger is over here 2 lmao..