Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,030, Level: 100 Points: 37,030, Level: 100 Points: 37,030, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Favourite Video Game Developers?

Preferably other than Nintendo, because you know.. who doesn't like Nintendo.

Right now my top 5 are;

Atlus (Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, Catherine)
Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2, Tearaway)
Grasshopper Manufacture (Lollipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes, Killer7)
Irrational Games (BioShock, System Shock)
Arc System Works (BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Persona 4 Arena)

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 5,880, Level: 49 Points: 5,880, Level: 49 Points: 5,880, Level: 49
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
GameFreak
Namco
Capcom
Atlus
Arcsys
Old 02-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Naughty Dog - Anything that Naughty Dog does, in my eyes, is absolutely great. Sure, they may have a couple games that don't quite live up to their pedigree, but even a subpar Naughty Dog game is still a fun time to be had. Favorite games: Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Square Enix - I am in a love-hate relationship with Squeenix. The crap they do sometimes bugs me, but once I play their games, I forget everything and get entrenched in their beautiful RPGs. Favorite games: Kingdom Hearts, Dissidia Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger

Rocksteady - They're still a bit unproven, with only two games in their belt, but damn have the Arkham games become success stories of comic book based video games done right; the best part is the games are about my second-favorite superhero, Batman! Favorite games: Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City

Retro Studios - Retro Studios' success frighteningly parallels the formative years of Rare Studios, up until the early-to-mid 2000's when Rare was sold to Microsoft. Indeed, they proved themselves as a capable curator of a beloved series with Metroid, just as Rare proved with Donkey Kong Country, and continued to flex their developer muscle by showing that they could run with the big dogs in other genres: Goldeneye saw Rare as their developer, paving the way for a bright future for FPS games on consoles, while Retro enchanted the platforming genre with Donkey Kong Country Returns. The parallels end there, for while Retro seems to be in the good graces of Nintendo at the moment, sadly Rare couldn't keep their pace with the Big N. Retro is still somewhat unproven; aside from the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Donkey Kong Country Returns, they've been working on an unnamed title and helping Nintendo butter the bread in Mario Kart 7. Let's hope Retro has a brighter future in store with Nintendo. Favorite games: Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Donkey Kong Country Returns

Nintendo - Nintendo is nearly synonymous with video games. Saving the struggling video game market in America with the portly Super Mario, Nintendo has continued to pave new roads and push down boundaries in its quest to spread fun to all people. Times do get tough for Nintendo, and yet this company stays optimistic by doing what it does best: create video games that not only bring in its most dedicated fanbase with hints of nostalgia, but introduce new players to their charming and magical worlds. Where they continue to prove that old dogs can indeed learn new tricks, as seen in the New Super Mario Bros series, they show that there is still innovation in not only their systems, but in gaming as a whole, thanks to the innovation of motion control, touch and dual screen play, and glasses-free 3D. Nintendo's list of feats and achievements serve as a guidebook to aspiring game developers on how to successfully develop a game, and through its 124-year lifespan, its games and accolades have filled the pantheon of gaming with greatness.

(pbbbbbth, I'll add Nintendo if I want)

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Grasshopper Manufactuer
Atlus
Platinum Games/Clover Studios
Rockstar
Raven(X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance) before they integrated with the other billion CoD developers
Sony Bend
Inti Creates
Capcom, despite their current BS
Namco
Kojima Productions
Squareenix
Insomniac
Sucker Punch
Retro
Nintendo
Naughty Dog
SCE Santa Monica Studio
Old 02-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,592, Level: 37 Points: 3,592, Level: 37 Points: 3,592, Level: 37
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
Kojima Production (MGS series)
Capcom (RE series, arcade classic games)
Namco Tales Studio (Tales RPG)
EA Sports (FIFA)
BioWare (Mass Effect)
Sega (Yakuza, classic games)
Square Enix (FF series)
Nintendo (Zelda, Kirby, DK, classic games)
Santa Monica Studios (GoW)
Naughty Dog (Uncharted)
Konami (classic games)
Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,030, Level: 100 Points: 37,030, Level: 100 Points: 37,030, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Namco
Capcom
I was going to choose both of these but their crap outweighs what I actually like >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
Naughty Dog - Anything that Naughty Dog does, in my eyes, is absolutely great. Sure, they may have a couple games that don't quite live up to their pedigree, but even a subpar Naughty Dog game is still a fun time to be had. Favorite games: Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
I completely forgot about Naughty Dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
Rockstar
Insomniac
Also forgot about these. I'm a cruel person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
(pbbbbbth, I'll add Nintendo if I want)
DISOBEDIENCE WILL ONLY TAKE YOU SO FAR.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
Valve
Naughty Dog
Irrational Games
Konami
Rocksteady
Spicy Horse

Nintendo.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,378, Level: 100 Points: 56,378, Level: 100 Points: 56,378, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Konami

In addition to the Contra ,Castlevania, and Metal Gear Solid games, Konami has provided us with their fair share of arcade classics too such as The Simpsons and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Capcom

Begrudgingly.Their questionable business practices feel more like they are taking advantage their faithful consumers, but we still put up with it because they usually churn out quality content (whether it's what we asked for or not). MegaMan, Street Fighter, and all the arcade classics they've given us are the reason we stay faithful to them....but even the most patient person on Earth has their limits, and people are sort of getting at their wits end. I do believe the reason Street Fighter X Tekken was a commercial flop is because people were waiting for the inevitable "Super" version despite Capcom claiming there would not be one. And I say it serves them right after the crap they pulled releasing the "Ultimate" version of Marvel vs Capcom 3 only a few months after the release of the original. Not to mention, the on-disc DLC that is locked until purchase in Street Fighter X Tekken. I hope it taught them a lesson. I understand businesses have to make money but what they do is just pure uneccessary greed.

Rocksteady

The company that extinguished my prejudice towards liscensed games with their Batman Arkham series. Hopefully other companies who like to do comic book games take notes.

Naughty Dog

While most gamers these days know them as the folks who brought us Uncharted, which are great games, I will always remember them the most fondly for the early Crash Bandicoot games, especially Crash 3 which I consider a platforming masterpiece. God I wish they would take the Crash IP back. Soon as they gave it away, it shifted from developer to developer until it was finally killed by Sierra with those God-awful Crash of the Titans and Crash: Mind Over Mutant games

Sucker Punch

inFAMOUS.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #9
Misdirection
Dragon Tamer
Points: 864, Level: 15 Points: 864, Level: 15 Points: 864, Level: 15
User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Grumpy
Misdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really nice

PSN ID: Sonikku1994
Uhh... I don't know. It's hard to say, really.
I liked a majority of Capcom games. That is, before the latter portion of this generation crept by... Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, RIP.
Konami is pretty good, but really, it depends on the team developing the games. Whoever made Silent HIll Downpour really needs to learn how to polish the technical flaws in the game. On the other hand, Kojima Productions.
But above all, Nintendo is my indefinite favorite.
Obviously...

I'd rather run my own world then face your reality
Misdirection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #10
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Rare/Rareware pre 2005.

I only realized this is actually my favourite some few months back. I just thought about it and realized I've liked pretty much every game they ever made, starting with DKC, and Ending with Conker Live & Reloaded.

My goal is to own most of the Rare games on N64. Gotta stop buying crap for random consoles I don't really play and just hunt down these games I really want. Anyways, N64 age was their best age in my opinion.

Already have: DK64, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps (this ones kind of meh though).

Need: Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Tooie, Killer Instinct Gold, Conker's Bad fur day.