Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
Mascara
Back again again
Points: 1,946, Level: 26 Points: 1,946, Level: 26 Points: 1,946, Level: 26

My Mood: Flirty
Mascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 2

Assassin's Creed 4 on Wii U

The wraps have been taken off Assassinís Creed 4: Black Flag a little bit early.

For the past week leaks from retailers and the media have culminated in Ubisoft releasing the games box art showing off the rumoured pirated story line.

The box art features a new assassin on a pirate ship, heís got three guns and a cutlass. The game was shown the media this week and the embargo is set to expire next week where its expected the game will be shown off entirely.

The game is said to be coming to the Wii U as well of course to the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC so far.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

If the gameplay isn't buggy and the story doesn't suck like AC3, then I am definitely on board for this one.

I mean, Pirate Assassins? I'll take some of that.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
KikBlava
Goomba
Points: 201, Level: 4 Points: 201, Level: 4 Points: 201, Level: 4

KikBlava has a spectacular aura aboutKikBlava has a spectacular aura about

Xbox Live Gamertag: Malice829
It looks like it's going to have America in it again. Also the main character here looks like he is wearing some of Ezio's clothing from Revelations. This might be alright but I thought because we've just finished Desmond's story the series might take a break from annual releases. Then again this might turn out as fake. And why would they subtitle a numbered instalment when they didn't before?

EDIT: Okay so it isn't fake. ... I'm very sceptical now about this series. I want it to be as good as the first two games again.
KikBlava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Assassins Creed is a great example of why you shouldn't buy subscription games. The first one was pretty average imo, and if you've played the 2nd one you've played them all. They'll just get worse. If not, good for them.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
KikBlava
Goomba
Points: 201, Level: 4 Points: 201, Level: 4 Points: 201, Level: 4

KikBlava has a spectacular aura aboutKikBlava has a spectacular aura about

Xbox Live Gamertag: Malice829
So we have some more news that this game is going to be about Connor's grandfather, which puzzles me because it's called 'Assassin's Creed IV' but its a prequel? And yes he will be a pirate. Wasn't this Assassin's Creed? Not Pirate's Creed? I'm only criticising because I care about this franchise but this sounds like over priced DLC again. Than again, Brotherhood and Revelations were over priced DLC but I still loved those two.
KikBlava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Mascara
Back again again
Points: 1,946, Level: 26 Points: 1,946, Level: 26 Points: 1,946, Level: 26

My Mood: Flirty
Mascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to beholdMascara is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award 

As always, wait for some footage, see the game in action, and then go for it. As far as the whole prequel thing goes, chronology never made a big deal to me before, and since the series tends to jump through time anyway, I don't see it making much of a difference. Pirates are awesome, but I can't imagine a lot of parkour action while out on the high seas.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
Maxibon
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1

Maxibon is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess that means enough people bought ac3 on Wii U, not that i actually know anyone who did
Maxibon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:11 AM   #8
ETXavXD
COnnECTeD
Points: 167, Level: 3 Points: 167, Level: 3 Points: 167, Level: 3

ETXavXD is an unknown quantity at this point

3DS Friend Code: 4828-3678-4834
AC3 was a commercial flop, even though loads of people bought it, after watching all the trailers and listening to Smosh's Ultimate Assassin's Creed III Song, I was expecting to play through the game as Connor who, even though he almost completely stole Ezio's outfit, was still handy with a tomahawk.
But no, Ubisoft had other ideas. They got this random guy then stuck him in 99% of the game. Mind you, when you unlock free roam, Connor and that game mode work like, McDonalds and fattys? It was really good.
The only Assassin's Creed I've really enjoyed so far would have to be AC2.
But from what I've seen:
a. Connor is never going to play a big part in the series
b. AC4 look awesome

So, I have finally come to a conclusion.

ETXavXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #9
Miggles
Le Migs
Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36 Points: 3,385, Level: 36

Miggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud ofMiggles has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month 

Xbox Live Gamertag: Miggles92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETXavXD View Post
AC3 was a commercial flop, even though loads of people bought it, after watching all the trailers and listening to Smosh's Ultimate Assassin's Creed III Song, I was expecting to play through the game as Connor who, even though he almost completely stole Ezio's outfit, was still handy with a tomahawk.
But no, Ubisoft had other ideas. They got this random guy then stuck him in 99% of the game.
I don't understand what you're trying to say about the game.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
ETXavXD
COnnECTeD
Points: 167, Level: 3 Points: 167, Level: 3 Points: 167, Level: 3

ETXavXD is an unknown quantity at this point

3DS Friend Code: 4828-3678-4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggles View Post
I don't understand what you're trying to say about the game.
I didn't really like it.

ETXavXD is offline   Reply With Quote