7. Boos
8. Gems
E. Treacherous Mansion
9. Boos
10. Gems

III. Outro

IV. Contact Information

I. Introduction
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Luigi's Mansion 2 outside of North America) is the sequel the the Gamecube launch title Luigi's Mansion. Both games contain boos and gems to find, but the mechanics are a bit different from the original. In Dark Moon, boos do not flee through walls as they did before, and the poltergeist cannot drain their health. Instead, you much use your blacklight to reveal them, which will cause them to be stunned. Then, you suck their tongue into the vacuum, and after pulling back as much as you can, you let go. This causes the boo to go bouncing off of the various walls and object in the room, inflicted damage. Once the boo is out of health, it will wait in a daze for you to collect it with the poltergeist. Capturing all the boos in each area unlocks a bnus mission for that particular area.

While donations are by no means necessary, they would be appreciated, in any amount at all. I did take the time to make this guide, and it's better than spending $20 on a book. If you feel so inclined, my paypal address is supergamecube64@gmail.com (NOT A CONTACT ADDRESS!).

II. Guide

A. Gloomy Manor

1. Boos

A-1 (Boogie Woogie): You won't be able to find him on your first playthrough, as you lack the darklight. Be sure to return after acquiring it to capture him. After entering the manor, go through the left door into the garage. Vacuum the pile of dirt and junk, and then use the darklight to reveal a wheel that must belong that old jalopy. This will cause Boogie Woogie to come out of hiding.

A-2 (Baboon): From the Entrance, go through the door to your right. near the bottom left corner of the room, use the darklight to make a table appear, as well as Baboon.

A-3 (Boo Boo): In the Studio (the room where the blue ghost was painting), the canvas near the top of the room is missing. Reveal it with the darklight to bring out the boo.

A-4 (Boo): This boo is located in the dining room, and is collected as part of the mission.

A-5 (Ooga Booga): In the Library, you will notice the grand piano is missing. Guess who's hiding inside?

2. Gems

A-1
-In the tree in the Mudroom Exterior
-In one of the flowers on the elft side of the porch. Use your flashlight to open flowers.

A-2
-In the parlor, there is a grandfather clock rigged with a digital display (that charmingly replicates the time on your 3DS clock). Flash the clock with our flashlight to reveal a gem.
-In the studio, look through the camera on the left side of the room. Looking into the mirror reveals a gem behind one of the curtains. Use your vacuum to retrieve it.

A-3
-Interact with the suit of armor on the right at the Entrance. You will knock off the helmet. Suck the helmet onto the poltergeist, and shoot it into the portrait nearby of a similar looking helmet. You will be rewarded with the gem.
-There is a safe in the ceiling of the Dining Room. A flash from your light will open it, dropping a gem.
-In the Kitchen, open the freezer and suck the ice block onto the poltergeist. Carry it over to the stove, where it will melt, revealing the gem inside.

A-4
-Walk off the patio and go next to the spinning toy (I don't know what they're called) to the bottom left. Use the darklight on the wall to reveal a door that leads under the main stairs. The door in here leads behind the aquairum, where you'll find a gem at the top left.
-In the Patio area, take note of the cheepcheep fountains. Use the darklight to reveal a third one, which will spit out the gem.
-In the Library, use your darklight to reveal a globe near the bottom left corner of the room. Use your vacuum to carry it to the fire place, melting it to reveal a gem.

A-5
-Remember the Study you had use the secret bed entrace to enter to find that gear? Go there, and suck the curtains off of the painting in the top elft corner. The darklight will make this painting a reality.
-In the attic, to the farthest right there is a dresser with a gem attatched to the top. Remove it with the poltergeist.
-In the Bedroom used to reach the study, interact with the stove to start a fire. Then use your poltergeist on the ceiling fan, causing the ball of web to ignite. Use it to burn down the webs next to the dressing area. Walk behind this dressing curtain to find the final gem of this area.

Haunted Towers

3. Boos

B-1 (Mamboo): In the Hydro Generator room, use the darklight to discover a tool drawer near the chest on the right side of the room. Mamboo is hiding here.

B-2 (Boolean):Through the Gardener's Lab there is a door to the sewers. There are some plants growing on the ceiling, and the boo is in the one nearest as you enter.

B-3 (Booluga): In the crypt, there is a hidden urn to the right of the painting that Toad is trapped in. I think you know what to do.

B-4 (Boo B. Trap): In the family room, there are 3 portraits of the ghsot sisters you caught earlier, but only one is visible. Bring them out of hiding, and adjust the crooked one to make the boo come out.

B-5 (French Boodle): During the Polterpup chase, you will enter the Tool Shed. After the Polterpup is caught/leaves this room, exit and re-enter it. You will notice some missing furniture. Apparently, Boos work very fast.

MORE COMING SHORTLY, PLEASE BE PATIENT! I AM WRITING THIS GUIDE AS I PLAY.
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64

Article Tools
Sponsored Links
By Konata on 03-26-2013, 11:50 AM
This'll be pretty helpful when I get the game, sounds good so far.
By SuperGamecube64 on 03-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Some of the gems are hidden very well. The boos aren't too hard to find if you're willing to venture off course.
By SanePsychoSuper on 03-26-2013, 11:29 PM
I just got the game tonight, I'm loving it! Just completed A-4 and had gotten all the gems until this Mission, I only got one. =( Will be going back through it to get the others! Thanks for this, Cubey!
By SuperGamecube64 on 03-26-2013, 11:43 PM
I was working on 100% completion of Haunted Towers while simultaneously writing the section for this guide, but an emergency came up and I had to drop everything, so now I have to do that all over again. I'll try to have that tomorrow sometime.
By SuperGamecube64 on 03-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Got the Boos section for Haunted Towers up. Too tired at the moment to bother will Gems, and also don't have them all yet.
Comment