Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Disney shuts down Lucasarts

Quote:
Disney shuts down LucasArts
Studio axed as name becomes a "licensing model"
12052 minutes ago - 12:33 PM on 04.03.2013

80 64 11 3

Disney has today announced that it's decided to close down LucasArts as a game studio, transitioning it into a "licensing model." This effectively means that LucasArts is dead, likely to exist as little more than a legacy name for externally developed Star Wars titles. A round of layoffs has been had as a result.

"After evaluating our position in the games market, we've decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company's risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games," claims the company. "As a result of this change, we've had layoffs across the organization. We are incredibly appreciative and proud of the talented teams who have been developing our new titles."

R.I.P. LucasArts, and best wishes to those who have lost their jobs.
SOURCE - http://www.destructoid.com/disney-sh...s-250695.phtml

After seeing how they handled Marvel, I actually trusted them with Star Wars, guess I was wrong

Unfortunate to all of those losing their jobs, plus 1313 looked great so it's sad to see that gone too
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

1313 to me didn't look terrific, and judging how their latest Star Wars gaming ventures were mixed at best, I think a change of some sort was completely necessary.

What Disney is aiming to do is to make sure there is profitability with their brands. This includes Star Wars now. If there's something keeping back their profitability, they'll do something about it.

They did the same thing to Junction Point, and to me that was necessary. They ran aground the Epic Mickey brand with lukewarm reception and equally lukewarm sales and they did something about it.

Look at it this way: with Disney wantng to "achieve a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games", there's....hehe....a new hope for Battlefront 3.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Misdirection
Anarchist
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Links Shield

Misdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really nice

PSN ID: Sonikku1994
Okay.

It comes in waves, I close my eyes
Hold my breath, and let it bury me.

Misdirection is offline   Reply With Quote