Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Super Nintendo

Notices

Super Nintendo Super Nintendo section post here!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
PlatinumB
Goomba
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

PlatinumB is an unknown quantity at this point

my secret of evermore cartridge

Hello all, I have a question about my secret of evermore cartridge, when I put it in my snes and turn it on, there is only sound, and no image. This problem only occurs with this game. Any thoughts? Thanks very much
PlatinumB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Misdirection
Dragon Tamer
Points: 902, Level: 16 Points: 902, Level: 16 Points: 902, Level: 16
User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Paranoid
Misdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really nice

PSN ID: Sonikku1994
Maybe it's broken. But before anything, try blowing in it. I don't know much about old cartridge based games, by my Nintendo 64 does that all the time, and blowing in it enough times usually rectifies the problem. I've also heard that if you run a Q-Tip lightly sprayed with Windex across the inside of the cartridge, it will help clean all the gunk out. If not, I have no idea.

PREPPARE TA DAA
Misdirection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
Misdirection
Dragon Tamer
Points: 902, Level: 16 Points: 902, Level: 16 Points: 902, Level: 16
User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Paranoid
Misdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really nice

PSN ID: Sonikku1994
Wait hold on what? There is sound but no image? That's ****ing weird.
I found a thread about it on Nintendo tech forums, hope it helps. http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/5834
This guy seems to know what's up. Worth a shot?
Quote:
Try the AV input/ output connectors (the yellow, red, and white plugs) and see if they're properly attatched. Then, use some sort of compressed air and blow it in the cardtridge socket. Next, inspect the games. Are they a different color than usual? If not, then it's likely functional. Use compressed air and blow inside each cardtridge. Make sure that you're not storing them in extreme temps, between 30 and 70 farenheit should make them last longer. Make sure that there's nothing blocking the games (i.e. clumps of dust, dirt, pet fur, etc.) and try changing the channel of whatever you have it connected to.

PREPPARE TA DAA
Misdirection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
yoteca
Points: 211, Level: 4 Points: 211, Level: 4 Points: 211, Level: 4

yoteca is an unknown quantity at this point

i would also suggest,rubbing the connectors with windex on a q-tip.i clean all my cartridges that way and it always works.i recently got Secret of Mana and after the intro it bugged out and froze.after i cleaned it it worked like a charm.a lot of gunk came off.
yoteca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
ElBootho
The Random EPICness
Points: 3,860, Level: 39 Points: 3,860, Level: 39 Points: 3,860, Level: 39
User owns 2x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Gaming
ElBootho is an unknown quantity at this point

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

hmm sound weird but wanna know whats more weirder than ever...when i played super metroid on my snes, while i save and turn off, my saving is gone and turn into a new file and no life energy, yeah just go into space colony...you die! thats it so i had to delete one of the files to make a REAL new game to get it all done before it frozes and at least i have another one on the wii
ElBootho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
travis
Agent of the system
Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15

travis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura about

Here i took this from our general nes information sticky thread over at NES forums. Its my guide, but it was posted by our administrator... So you know its good And before somebody says it.. A nintendo game and an snes game are the same on the inside. So this will work on snes sega nintendo N64 etc and so on. Somebody should snag this and sticky it for your forum guys..

Special thanks to our member Travis for writing this definitive guide.

!!!!..IN DEPTH TUTORIAL ON CLEANING NES CARTRIDGES..!!!! Collectors edition
Things you will need...
A security bit
600 grit sandpaper > Side note: For best results, break in your paper first. It will give a better shine that way. It lasts forever! So its worth the time.
91% Alchohol
A knife or scissors @ clean soft rag
Now lets clean one!
. STEP 1 > Look at your pin board. Is it very thin? If so i will show you a trick to make it thick again. But for now, open your game up. BTW, this is what the security bit is for.
. Step 2 > Now that your game is open, use your 600 grit sandpaper to clean the pins. The faster you scrub the pins, the better your shine will be. After that, wet your cloth well with alchohol and remove all the black from the board and pins.
. < Now your pins should look like this See that shine? You can see the reflection of the sandpaper in it! Btw, that sandpaper is 6 months old and has cleaned well over 100 games... Thats what makes this method superior to any other. Very low cost, PERFECT results, and no toxins or goop.
. Step 3 (optional) > For people having problems getting a connection, this is the cure! No need to bend up your 72 pin connector. These games were designed to fit exact with the original thickness of the pin board. Over time, the pin board gets thin at the end. If you restore the original thickness, it will again function like new. Use your flat blade and scrape it down so that it becomes thick again This is best achieved with long complete strokes from one end to the other. Be sure you dont get off and create a "pit" or "high side". Blow off all the silicon and your done.

For those of you who want your pin board to be super white > Weimans stove top cleaner is how this is being achieved. However, this does not effect how
the games will function in any way. And the long term effects this cleaner will have on the silicon board are not yet known This is being done by ebay sellers.