Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 19,769, Level: 88 Points: 19,769, Level: 88 Points: 19,769, Level: 88
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Explosions at a Boston Marathon

Quote:
Explosions at Boston Marathon

A scene of the Boston Marathon, where explosions were reported near the finish line of the race on April 15, 2013. (ABC News)

By COLLEEN CURRY
April 15, 2013
There are reports of two explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

The blasts occurred on Boylston Street hours after the top runners had finished the race, but with thousands of marathoners still running the route.

The first blast was quickly followed by a second.

There was no immediate information on injuries, but Boston EMS personnel could be seen shuttling the injured out of the blast area on wheelchairs. Several of them were bleeding from the face.

Police have told people in area to avoid trash cans, according to witnesses.

The explosions erupted on what is usually a festive day in Boston. It is designated Patriots Day and most offices are closed for the celebration and the marathon.
SOURCE - http://abcnews.go.com/US/explosions-...e#.UWxXCbU3uSo

Very disturbing and frightening. I'd recommend staying away from pictures being posted about the situation
So far from what I've read, 23 have been injured with 2-3 deaths

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims

Last edited by Megas75; 04-15-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Megas75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 15,924, Level: 81 Points: 15,924, Level: 81 Points: 15,924, Level: 81
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Judging from what's being reported, it seemed to have come from trash cans.

So what's the deal here? I mean, I'm sure there's plenty of security around these marathons, but for goodness sakes, do they not check even the most obvious of places for these bombs?

There's probably more to this story than meets the eye, but that's all that I've gathered from the reporting so far.

Deep condolences to those injured and the families of those who have lost their lives.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,364, Level: 77 Points: 14,364, Level: 77 Points: 14,364, Level: 77
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Currently watching it in my economics class as a group. Airlines have been temporarily closed. Roads blocked.. I dunno it sounds nerve-wrecking. And update: 23 injured. And they're expecting the number to go up.

EDIT: Two more explosive devices have been found, they're being dismantled.

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
Mario789
Paper Mario Guru
Points: 1,883, Level: 25 Points: 1,883, Level: 25 Points: 1,883, Level: 25
User owns 1x Golden Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel
User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Mario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Our government is the terrorist, those bastards knew.... Shit like this doesn't go un-seen.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario789 View Post
Our government is the terrorist, those bastards knew.... Shit like this doesn't go un-seen.
While I a very untrusting of our government in its current state, I think you're jumping the gun a bit - and this is coming from one of the biggest conspiracy theorists on the board.

Check me out on Facebook!
Like action figures? Click here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 4,660, Level: 43 Points: 4,660, Level: 43 Points: 4,660, Level: 43

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
This will make a fair amount of conspiracy theories.

This is going to sound extremely stupid, and don't think I'm saying its them, but as soon as I saw this it reminded me of the rumours saying North Korea would set something off on the 15th, to mark Kim Il Sungs 101st birthday, highly doubt it's anything to do with them, just reminded me of that though. The rumours are getting more extreme.

I don't think peace will ever be achieved, not when you can make home made bombs and there are rifts between people in humanity. There will always be rifts. I can only really say I hope no one else gets hurt over there.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
This will make a fair amount of conspiracy theories.

This is going to sound extremely stupid, and don't think I'm saying its them, but as soon as I saw this it reminded me of the rumours saying North Korea would set something off on the 15th, to mark Kim Il Sungs 101st birthday, highly doubt it's anything to do with them, just reminded me of that though. The rumours are getting more extreme.

I don't think peace will ever be achieved, not when you can make home made bombs and there are rifts between people in humanity. There will always be rifts. I can only really say I hope no one else gets hurt over there.
It has less to do with how easy explosives are to make and more to do with the fact that evil people will always exist, not to mention the mentally ill/

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 04-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
Mario789
Paper Mario Guru
Points: 1,883, Level: 25 Points: 1,883, Level: 25 Points: 1,883, Level: 25
User owns 1x Golden Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel
User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Mario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the roughMario789 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
While I a very untrusting of our government in its current state, I think you're jumping the gun a bit - and this is coming from one of the biggest conspiracy theorists on the board.
Not jumping the gun, I had my mind made up shortly after 9/11
Old 04-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #9
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,364, Level: 77 Points: 14,364, Level: 77 Points: 14,364, Level: 77
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

The little girl that died though. She'll be in my prayers tonight.

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #10
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai17 View Post
The little girl that died though. She'll be in my prayers tonight.
Not to sound rude, but it's her family that should be in your prayers.

Quote: