Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Capcom changes forecast and blames outsourcing

Quote:
Capcom Halves Forecast, Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"
Resident Evil 6, DmC: Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter 4 sales all revised down
by Luke Karmali APRIL 18, 2013

Capcom has revised down sales forecasts for its big games of the last year, blaming "excessive outsourcing" for hindering the quality of the finished products, among other factors.

In a note to investors, the company reports that it's halving its profit forecast due to planned restructuring of the company in a bid to modernise the business.

It explains, "In view of the sudden and significant changes in the operating environment of the digital contents business, Capcom reviewed its business expansion strategy for the sector and restructured its game development organization."

An accompanying presentation reveals that this will mean "the discontinuation of development of titles" that have yet to be announced, including overseas outsourced projects that are "no more compatible with the current business strategy."

The other factor behind the downcast of profits is revised sales figures for the likes of Resident Evil 6, Monster Hunter and DmC: Devil May Cry. The company now predicts it'll shift 4.9 million copies of Resi 6; when the game first launched, this number was 7 million. For DmC, the number's gone down to 1.15 million when it was originally 2 million.

Three reasons were given for the disappointing sales: a "delayed response to the expanding digital contents market"; "insufficient coordination between the marketing and the game development divisions in overseas markets"; and, most interestingly, a "decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing".

While we don't know whether Monster Hunter 4 will be released in the west, the company still has a number of exciting projects due to release this financial year including Remember Me and Deep Down.
SOURCE - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...f4418254000026

I wonder if this means more games will be developed in house?

it's kinda funny to think about, they blame outsourcing for a drop in quality, despite the fact that they made RE6, which is probably one of the more unpopular games in the series
Old 04-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Praise God, I hope they realize what a mess DmC was with Tameem taking over and make an actual DMC5.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
Misdirection
Anarchist
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Links Shield

Misdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really niceMisdirection is just really nice

PSN ID: Sonikku1994
So they mess with the integrity of their franchises into something completely embarrassing and unmemorable, and wonder why they aren't selling their games, let alone their over priced, oversaturated DLC? And then they blame it on irrelevant shit?
I know why you aren't selling your games, Capcom.
It's because they suck.
Not outsourcing. Not the fans. Remove the head from the sphincter.
~
Well as long as AlphaOmegaSin catches wind of this I'm all game.

It comes in waves, I close my eyes
Hold my breath, and let it bury me.

Misdirection is offline   Reply With Quote