Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Zelda Series

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past II - Discussion

Aw yeah! A Link to the Past was my favorite Zelda game, and chances are it was yours too! If not, whatever, it's getting a sequel, baby! Woo!

Let's gush, analyze, and discuss the newest developments here!

FAQ TIME!

Q. In what timeline does ALttP2 occur in?

A. It's stated that it is an immediate sequel to ALttP, so its placement is between ALttP and the Oracle games.

Q. Why does it have that placeholder-ass name?

A. Because in Japan, it's known simply as Triforce of the Gods 2. History lesson: when A Link to the Past was first released, in Japan it had a different subtitle than the US and EU versions, Triforce of the Gods. However, NoA was still in that funky time where anything religious was a bit too risque, so they added a dash of political correctness into the title and bam, A Link to the Past was born. Officially, the game is called The Legend of Zelda, but several sources, including some in Nintendo's staff, are referring it to A Link to the Past 2. They're still debating about a proper subtitle for the game.

Our stalwart team of Zelda experts will update the FAQ as we learn more!

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,566, Level: 100 Points: 58,566, Level: 100 Points: 58,566, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I'm looking forward to this, don't get me wrong, but.

ORACLE OR ****ING SEASONS AND ORACLE OF GODDAMN AGES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,362, Level: 36 Points: 3,362, Level: 36 Points: 3,362, Level: 36
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

OMG I cannot explain how much I can't wait for this. Link to the Past is one of my favorites. A friend is currently borrowing my GBA cartridge.. I need to get that back, I don't think he's playing it anymore.
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #4
Nintenduendo
Estupidez

Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanePsychoSuper View Post
OMG I cannot explain how much I can't wait for this. Link to the Past is one of my favorites. A friend is currently borrowing my GBA cartridge.. I need to get that back, I don't think he's playing it anymore.
The Wii U update for VC is going up tomorrow, I think, so if you don't get it back, you might be able to find and get ALttP off that. Since the GamePad is portable to an extent, you could use that.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
The Wii U update for VC is going up tomorrow, I think, so if you don't get it back, you might be able to find and get ALttP off that. Since the GamePad is portable to an extent, you could use that.
I know I'll get it back. We borrow games from each other a lot, and he's good for giving me a game back when I ask for it or he finishes it. If it's on the VC though, I may get it on there anyway, just to play it on the TV. lol
Old 04-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,731, Level: 100 Points: 37,731, Level: 100 Points: 37,731, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I loved WW, ST, & PH for their graphics, but this one.. idk. I think it'll have to grow on me, because I'm really not liking the look of it.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Nintenduendo
Estupidez

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
I loved WW, ST, & PH for their graphics, but this one.. idk. I think it'll have to grow on me, because I'm really not liking the look of it.
No one likes Zelda graphics at first glance, especially if it doesn't follow a realistic art style like TP. Fans are weird.

In motion it all looks really great. Nintendomination has a 13 minute video up of the demo. Should give it a watch.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
Zero
Smashing Brothers
Points: 3,991, Level: 40 Points: 3,991, Level: 40 Points: 3,991, Level: 40
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 
Total Awards: 4

Zero still hasn't quite wrapped his head around the fact that this is actually a reality.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #9
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,731, Level: 100 Points: 37,731, Level: 100 Points: 37,731, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I don't think I like Link's face. That must be it. Plastic surgery is needed.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Also, anyone with a 3DS, you can watch the video in the e-shop in 3D. Looks pretty awesome.

I love that they kept the top view. Not to sure about Link turning into graffiti, but the puzzles you need it for might make up for that.